The online racing simulator
Logitech Profiler Won't Install / Won't Detect DFGT
Just got my new DFGT today and set about getting it ready to go.

First thing I did was download the new 5.08 drivers off the website. The first part of the installation went fine, but when it came to the "Detecting" part the install bar just froze, the whole PC went really slow (CPU useage was at 100%) and it stayed that way even after leaving it for 25 mins. The only thing to do was to turn the PC off and on. I did this and then uninstalled the profiler as it was obviously not a proper installation.

I then got the slightly older version, 5.02, off the Wingman Team website and tried installing that but the exact same thing happened, everything froze up half-way through the detection stage, so had to turn it off/on again.

I tried opening the profiler anyway just to see what would happen, it loaded but then said the profiler could not recognise any controllers.

I tried again with 5.08, same thing again, and that also said a controller couldn't be detected.

I did try it in LFS without the profiler, it worked, as did all the buttons, but adjusting forces / effects wasn't working properly. If I went to Control Panel > Gaming Controllers, it would recognise the DF GT, but there was no calibrate option and if I changed some of the force settings they'd just go back to Default after closing the box.

Help? Anyone? Getting a bit annoying now..

Thanks.
I'm using 5.0.4.110 and am having no problems. I believe I had issues with some of the older and newer drivers. Maybe have a look for my version. Also, have you unplugged any unnecessary USB devices? I have no idea, but that could help.
i bought DFGT today .. installed logi profiler 5.8 and runs great
Well the 5.08 did the same thing to me on G25. So i just intaled it a few times then it just worked. Wierd.
Quote from ru7 [SLO] :Well the 5.08 did the same thing to me on G25. So i just intaled it a few times then it just worked. Wierd.

So the profiler crashed / slowed right down on install when it got to the "Detecting" stage? If so, did you literally just un-install / re-install it until it worked?
Yes, recognition went nowhere in 5 mins, so i uninstalled, installed again (recognized ok the second time but had some centering issues on G25 so i uninstalled 5.08; installed 5.04 i think, works)
Hmm, we've tried about 10 times now and each time we get the same result.

I had a chance to try it on another computer, downloading and installing the 5.08 profiler and the installation working completely fine, but that's useless as that computer is completely rubbish and couldn't run Minesweeper, let alone LFS.

We downloaded a new version of the nVidia virtual bus enumerator and that wasn't always working in System Devices and a bit of research showed some people had problems with this, but it made no difference.

Bloody annoyed now, just want to use the thing.

I even spoke to the Logitech support people, they emailed me details of the "Solution" which involved downloading it in safe mode (didn't work), 'updating the drivers of the computer' (eh?) and installing it on another PC (really helpful)
Older versions of profiler the same?
Yep.
reinstall your windows.. it should work then
or go to task manager and kill the explorer.exe then install it (it should make problems)
orrr if you are with win 7 change the compatibility settings in properties of the driver

or try this:

go to start -> run -> type regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE ->
download the attachment unrar it somewhere and import the .reg file to that directory in regedit -> then download this file http://rapidshare.com/files/29 ... aming_software_-.rar.html unrar it and paste the files in it in C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\ --> (make the missing folders in program files) --> then restart your PC and it should work properly
This version is 5.08
Attached files
for regedit.rar - 344 B - 196 views
Well, I'm using 5.04 with no probs.
Won't d'load 5.08 then...
Ripley, got a link to somewhere I can download 5.04?
-
(Ripley) DELETED by Ripley
-
(Ripley) DELETED by Ripley
Quote from ru7 [SLO] :Try 5.02?

5.02 didn't have support for DFGT...but worked!
Well bugger me. I've been out all day, haven't touched the PC or wheel, got home, thought what the heck I'll try starting the profiler and it worked! Recognised the DF GT, all the control panel setting worked (except I can't figure out where the calibrate button is, although it seems calibrated pretty well anyway)

Thanks for everyone help!

The only thing is that the steering feels very light within the first 40 degrees or so (20 each side of centre) and past this point it gets heavier. Tried adjusting a few things but it seems to stay there. Any ideas?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG