The online racing simulator
Quote from SamH :I already explained that it's not "racers", it's "idiots". Some of them aren't even "idiots", they're the lower life-form called "trolls". It's got nothing to do with them being racers.

I think some moderators are "idiots" too. And so what? I think I can say that here, I just follow their own examples...
Quote from Speed Soro :About SamH, I think he is better to be away, because no one here is offending anyone, we are under forum rules, so there is no need to be less "liberal". In fact, if you all, cruisers, say "let us play our game the way we want, it is our right", we also say "let us use our forum the way we want, because it is our right too".

And in racing servers, if you don't play by the rules you will be out. And on the forum, if you don't play by the rules, you will be out. As you said, as it is in LFS, so it is on the LFS forum. That is what admins and moderators are for.
Quote from Speed Soro :Ok, this talk is enough, what I had to say about this I already said, so, lets play "what we want". I'll keep playing LFS once in a while, but for now, let me go to iRacing, a real RACING simulator, in a real RACING community. Bye friend.

Okay, bye.
Quote from Speed Soro :I think some moderators are "idiots" too. And so what? I think I can say that here, I just follow their own examples...

Are you still here?

[edit] Okay, enough trolling and enough dying swans. No more forum disruption will be tolerated.
Quote from SamH :I already explained that it's not "racers", it's "idiots". Some of them aren't even "idiots", they're the lower life-form called "trolls". It's got nothing to do with them being racers.

It isn't anyone's job to babysit cruisers in case their feelings get hurt. If you want to cruise, then go and cruise. You don't need affirmation from the forum moderators, nor do you need it from a small bunch of idiots on a forum that have got it in their heads that it's up to them to dictate to you how you use the licence you've bought.

If I have any "job" around here, it's to protect the FORUM from disruption. Whether that's in the forum of disruption from trolls or from whimpering "everybody hates us" emos. It's all disruption and I'm against all of it. No favouritism, no special treatment.

Fair enough mate.
Quote from JasonJ :C'mon Dougie, you +1 a post from a guy that seems generally annoyed at the whole cruise situation implying you have the same feelings.

Oh well, seems it has no merit so I"ll just +1 the whole thread.

+1 eh

E^: Actually I thought SamH was being pretty liberal.

It was mainly just implying I like ice-cream. With Kev outta here, who's going to come with partially-witty one liners now? I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there

And I do have pretty much the same feelings. Take a look at some of the replies in the thread you were talking about, you'll see why my opinion of cruisers has gone slightly downhill

But, I'm perfectly entitled to hold my own non-derogatory opinion about others without coming under criticism. It's not like I said I hate their guts and want to start a lynch mob against them, I just agreed with what was, frankly, a very true post
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry, what experience do you get by driving a car slowly around a track with barriers on it?

Well, the word cruise is greatly mis-interpreted in LFS.

Basically, who said cruisers drive slow? - I am a "cruiser" and you will never find me sticking to any speed limits, even in a uf1. You see the thing is is this:

I can see directly where your coming from regarding the park thing, people come poeple go but there are a few that stay there, and see it all turn around without the same buzz about it.

You see, the racing park is still there, but new parks have opened at the other end of town. You dont have to visit that "park" but you dont have to graffiti all over it. Dont ruin it for other poeple. Different people enjoy different things on lfs, and to me i feel if it makes them happy with what they have paid for and they cann appreciate it properly then that is good.

It jsut annoys me when poeple say crusing is wrong. As the idea of crusing is for those that arent maybe so talented at racing, maybe dont wish to race at a set time at a set pace. But look at it this way, when i was brand new to lfs i couldnt drive to save my life. And i felt really intimidated in a race, poeple would shout get off this effing server and learn how to drive, but on a cruise server there are no minimum requiremtns, just as long as your not a total prat, any driver skills are welcome, and therefore i was welcome, and i was helped by people to leanr to drive better, people encourage poeple to get better, and i did, still shite but im better .

But to sum up, its personal preference, that is it. Why would you want to go play an arcade game like tdu when the physics are crap. Bobo likes cheese. Lfs is a really realistic game and for those that maybe cant drive in real life, such as me, or maybe poeple with disabilities it is great to poeple.

Thats my 2 cents.
I betcha if CTRA magically came back, they would be full and everyone would stop bitching about cruising. Guarantee it. Just because pick-up racing isn't 'in', and cruising IS 'in', doesn't mean that cruising is destroying LFS.
-
Y (240Racing) DELETED by the_angry_angel
Quote from MijnWraak :I betcha if CTRA magically came back, they would be full and everyone would stop bitching about cruising. Guarantee it. Just because pick-up racing isn't 'in', and cruising IS 'in', doesn't mean that cruising is destroying LFS.

it is not destroying LFS, LFS is destroyed.
-
(geeman1) DELETED by geeman1
I have read abit in this thread now, and i'm acctually getting a bit pissed...
I think all the racer's in here are shouting for no reason, i don't care about what people do in LFS, its still the best DRIVING simulator/game that i know about, and im going to cruise, drift and drag as much as i want with my friends!
I acctually find racing quite fun too, but most of the time i get on a server with A*#?s on it that shouts something like "Go the f*#?ing off this server and learn how to drive" JUST because i wasnt as fast as them.

Its not all the racers, but some of the racers are really bitchy..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG