The online racing simulator
Quote from G!NhO :do you really see yourself punching air like a lunatic in the middle of the room?

Sure, why not if it's fun?

I just don't know what to say.
All i have to say is it sounds like your too fat and lazy to get off your ass to play a game. ()

I think people are being abit to negative about this, especially seing as its still a work in progress. Its all down to personal preference.
Sure, i would'nt like to use this to play something like call of duty, but it seems it could be fun if you had a bunch of freinds round, or if you wanted to use the interface without having to put your controller somewhere.

It does seem abit wii like, but more fun. And i personally liked the Wii.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :All i have to say is it sounds like your too fat and lazy to get off your ass to play a game. ()

I think people are being abit to negative about this, especially seing as its still a work in progress. Its all down to personal preference.
Sure, i would'nt like to use this to play something like call of duty, but it seems it could be fun if you had a bunch of freinds round, or if you wanted to use the interface without having to put your controller somewhere.

It does seem abit wii like, but more fun. And i personally liked the Wii.

:hide: i liked it too. altrough the boxing game sucksdoesnt really respond to your hands movements. but tennis was nice on wii
I must agree, the wii did sometimes take a while to pick up on your movements, but the natal seems to fix this. Im guessing maybe you have to set it up and place dots on where your hands, feet and stuff like that are, so it can then detect movement of them points and reproduce them movements into the game.

Im personally going to be open minded about this, and shall wait until i see a proper review about it or manage to get my hands on one.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I must agree, the wii did sometimes take a while to pick up on your movements, but the natal seems to fix this. Im guessing maybe you have to set it up and place dots on where your hands, feet and stuff like that are, so it can then detect movement of them points and reproduce them movements into the game.

Im personally going to be open minded about this, and shall wait until i see a proper review about it or manage to get my hands on one.

yeah, i hope this will be test-able on stores and such. this may do a total fail or epic succsess, so it wouldnt be nice to buy something worth 200e and then find it sucking after bought
Hmm.

Driving in a video game by moving your hands, PRETENDING to have hold a wheel is a ludicrous idea. It's a very good way to look like a 3 years old little boy, though.

Driving IRL requires you to have a wheel in your hands, and considering that what we're seeking is realism, I don't see how removing the wheel altogether will make things better than what they currently are.

Besides, I don't see how it can actually be possible to play a FPS game with that thing. If you have to go around your living room pretending to hold a gun, how can you keep your eyes towards the TV? Or do you actually just move your feet also pretending to run around? Heck, you could also jump like an idiot, crouch and fall on the floor when you're hit.

#58 - CSU1
this is not for platform games yes?

you would be like a kangaroo hopping in 2d
ROFL what kind of a game is this?

Attached images
sexgame.png
jizzpants.png
This is the ridiculous thing I'm talking aboot. Honestly, that doesn't seem remotely enjoyable.
Attached images
xb.JPG
just realized something. if that game would have good physics, it would be revonutional game. think about it. you could actually build a cocpit that you like, rl racing wheels and seats. shiftes and stuff, it cuold be the ultimate cockpit. no need to worry about drivers or that stuff, no electricity needed. altrought the camera should be placed a little closer, so the wheel of the cocpit wouldnt come in to the cameras way
the stream froze on this for me. so it's a sign.

I think they're eating ice-cream ~.~

Also, doesn't her arms get tired holding them in the air for lap after lap?
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Quote from batteryy :just realized something. if that game would have good physics, it would be revonutional game. think about it. you could actually build a cocpit that you like, rl racing wheels and seats. shiftes and stuff, it cuold be the ultimate cockpit. no need to worry about drivers or that stuff, no electricity needed. altrought the camera should be placed a little closer, so the wheel of the cocpit wouldnt come in to the cameras way

Quote from JasonJ :the stream froze on this for me. so it's a sign.

I think they're eating ice-cream ~.~

Also, doesn't her arms get tired holding them in the air for lap after lap?

that could be the solution for ''holding air''
and maybe with 2 gigantic fans on either side of your imaginary wheel you could get something that at least resembles the forcefeedback you get from a proper input device
I was watching with a cynical raised eyebrow until it got to the pit-stop which prompted a lol

One problem I always have with this kind of thing is that it's often forced into a game that would be better off without it, rather than it being designed into a game that naturally requires this kind of control.
Quote from Blackout :I like the Xbox approach to the motion tracking over the Playstation because they've just copied their concept from Nintendo.

You prefer the xbox approach which uses motion sensors in a webcam in order to interact with the content? So kinda like what the PS2 had with Eyetoy? Microsoft have just copied what Sony created in 2003, only using a high resolution camera... just like the PS Eye, for the PS3 released in 2007
I think we'll call bias on this matter, that you prefer a limited and inferior idea copied from 2003, over a significant improvement on an existing and successful idea... its either fanboyism or complete lack of knowledge of existing identical products on the market place.

Quote from Blackout : It feels they've actually gone more ambitious and come up with something new at Microsoft. Only flaw is they lack buttons, but nothing stops them adding separate button controllers though, but I guess the whole idea is the full body control. Nothing stops the games using both the normal controller and the camera tracking system either.

How is it more ambitious to replicate something which conceptually existed 6 years ago on its biggest rivals console, the only flaw as you point out is the lack of true interactivity within a environment because you cant truely control whats going on. Simple 3 dimentional movement isnt possible, you couldnt do something as basic as walk through a maze, but you can interact with something on a stationary setting like a menu system.
Your flaw also suggests additional controllers could be added, yet you dismiss the PS3's version because it copies an existing method, but suggest the solution to a glaringly limiting flaw is to copy existing technology.... a bit like copying the Eyetoy from 2003.

Quote from Blackout :Not saying I don't think this motion craze as a bit off a gimmick, I don't see much wrong with the 360 controller as it's one of the best there has ever been, it just fits. But I guess the 'casual gamers', which seems to be one of the main themes with pink and girly stuff at this years E3, all have trouble with controllers because they got too many moving parts.

Nintendo hit a gold vain, now the rest follow.

And the name is still probably just a project codename I think.

IMO the Xbox solution is more polished and near finished, despite the fact that theres noticable lag and half of what they've shown wasnt demo'd infront of an audience, so who knows what its really like.
The PS3's solution actually has a practical use, if used correctly. The Wii had the right idea with motion tracking, but it doesnt really meet up with standards the typical gamer would accept, it fits in with the casual gamer market though.
The Eyetoy hasnt gone beyond simple gimmicky games, just like the Wii, and its hard to see Natal bringing anything the gamer market would really be interested in. The PS3 option actually showcased tech demos which displayed how the technology can be used to enhance realism & immersion in games which people would play.
Both are highly questionable as to whether the practical uses given to each method can go beyond a gimmick, because people wont go out and buy millions of copies of a FPS game so they can play it virtually when its inferior to COD/Halo/Killzone etc. Right now though, i dont see Natal going beyond gimmick, the PS3 version has potential and if realised it should easily surpass Natal in its current Eyetoy replicating status.

I actually found this years E3 rather ironic. For years xbox fanboys have claimed the PS3 is a game playing media center, the xbox is a gaming machine. This E3 saw the 360's main announcements come in the form of new movie/TV station deals & a mediocre motion sensor which only seemed practical for navigating menu systems. The PS3 was all about new games (The vast majority exclusive to a PS only format, without $50m deals), and interactive technology with practical gaming aspects.
Bump

This will be awsome rigth? I will soooooooooo buy it, wtf i want to talk to robots and screw people by hitting them in the face with MY OWN fist.
LOL, if this will be done. We're gonna see lots of fail videos over youtube. People kicking theyr TV's and that stuff. But, i dont like Wii and neither Xbox so its okay for me lol
genuine question not a piss take

what happens when you're playing and the dog walks between you and the camera or the cat thats sitting in the room jumps onto the seat next to you? is it "keyed" to certain people at the start of the game or will it pickup any movement in the general area of whoevers playing ?
#70 - JJ72
Quote from tinvek :genuine question not a piss take

what happens when you're playing and the dog walks between you and the camera or the cat thats sitting in the room jumps onto the seat next to you? is it "keyed" to certain people at the start of the game or will it pickup any movement in the general area of whoevers playing ?

That's a silly question.

People who will buy such game must be a solitude creature who is isolated from any sort of real life social interactions, including animals, your scenario is simply an impossibility.
Quote from JJ72 :That's a silly question.

People who will buy such game must be a solitude creature who is isolated from any sort of real life social interactions, including animals, your scenario is simply an impossibility.

Hahahaha Best answer ever
I'm still hoping like hell that this sudden obsession with motion control doesn't take off. Sometimes, and that's most of the time, I play games to unwind. I do it to relax. I do it after a day at work or a long day working with the band. I'm tired. I want to be able to play a game without having to use up more energy.

Just because some gamers are lard-ass unhealthy exercise-starved bloat-tards doesn't mean that everyone should be punished for it.

Sure, sometimes you get a nice extra level of immersion from motion controls (despite lacking decent tactile feedback), but the option to disable it needs to also be included.
Rofl, that picture is hilarious, but hot in the same time (if you remove the male's)
Looks good.

Lol @ PS3's Motion stick.
Quote from Jordan2007 :

Lol @ PS3's Motion stick.

Did we really need that?

Now all the PS3 fanboys will come and start another flamewar stating that the motion stick is better....

Xbox Natal - Microsoft introduces a new way to play
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG