The online racing simulator
Problem with lag
(15 posts, started )
Problem with lag
I have very strange lag. It happens only once per hour (sometimes more often). It lasts only ~7seconds. Before and after that everything is all normal again. When i have that lag, the picture is basically stuck. For me there´s only 2 things i can do :
1) get crashed
2) brakes

Computer:
Graphics card: GeForce 8600GT , driver version: 190.62
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor
4000+
2.41 GHz, 1GB of RAM

Could anyone help me please?
What patch are you running on? What operation system you got? Have you tryed reinstalling?
It sounds like your videocard is overheating. When is the last time you cleaned out your case / videocard heatsink? Might want to get some compressed air.

Also, if you OC'd the card, try it with stock settings.
At the moment im running on Z16, but the lag was in Z15 too. I have tried reinstalling but it have not helped. Im running on Windows xp.
Quote from MijnWraak :It sounds like your videocard is overheating. When is the last time you cleaned out your case / videocard heatsink? Might want to get some compressed air.

Also, if you OC'd the card, try it with stock settings.

I dont think that videocard is overheating :/. My max temp. have been 80c.
I last cleaned my computer heatsink last month.

OC?
Quote from RudolfR :I dont think that videocard is overheating :/. My max temp. have been 80c.
I last cleaned my computer heatsink last month.

OC?

OC = overclock. But since you don't know, it doesn't apply

Can you try running for an hour with the side panel off and a fan blowing into the case? Want to see if it's a heat problem.
How does other games work? Same lag? If yes, then maybe tryng to stress ur PC a bit would help - to indetify the problem.
Quote from MijnWraak :OC = overclock. But since you don't know, it doesn't apply

Can you try running for an hour with the side panel off and a fan blowing into the case? Want to see if it's a heat problem.

I have used computer, maybe the other owner did that.

Hazaky, i haven´t notice this lag in other games.
Today happened something very odd. I was playing LFS when suddenly the pict. stucks. I had to turn the computer off, when i turned it on, there were no picture at all. The screen was showing only black. I turned it off again and waited for 5 minutes, after that everything was normal again. I have no idea what happened :/.
I have very similar problem like you ,started 1 week ago , everything was fine before this time.

In LFS when online playing , it says there is too much lag ( spectating , driving ) screen changing color to black and a little part of the screen appear normal.Then server dont throw me out or kick ,i'm parking and waiting , in this time i can see the realtime data ( new pb of other players , blue flag , yellow flag )

I'm using adsl connection checked snr value , and called service to ask anything wron on my line , but they said its okay and well 36dB SNR is perfect.

After that i used ping plotter and started to log jitter and ping time for server.But its seems normal , not bad.

Then uninstalled LFS and re-install it , tried with patch Z,Z13,Z15,Z17 nothing changed.

Put out my computer and used compressed air , cleaned all fans and all surface.Then formated it and install new fresh windows xp 32bit ( sp3 )
Again installed LFS and logitech profiller 508 only but nothing changed.

When i play it offline mode , training mode in my pc FPS is over 200 and no freezing no lagging sure.And checked graphic card for overheating , after 1 hour race , it didnt passed 80c.CPU temp also normal.No overclocking before.

Now today i'll test with splitter device , to reduce unwanted signal on my line ( if there is ) If again no certain solution , i'll try to load cfosspeed program for traffic shaping.
http://www.cfos.de/speed/cfosspeed_e.htm

I have already missed an event ( owrl race 2 ) and dont want to miss more :schwitz 16h race is coming )

Any idea ?
#11 - Dmt
three_jump has some issues with lfsforum so im posting instead of him

my idea would be:
- some energy saving setting trying to kick in
- some background software (anti virus etc) scanning something
*apart from that, it seems hardware related
I have checked Gigabyte Dynamic Energy Saver is off.
Take attention at this point , when it goes to blank screen and lag cpu load increese %10-15 , normally its %20-40
I agree with you its about a hardware issuee but which one ?

http://www.imagedisk.net/images/nqbjwm4vj3hkp4eg7n8.jpg

Quote from Dmt :three_jump has some issues with lfsforum so im posting instead of him

my idea would be:
- some energy saving setting trying to kick in
- some background software (anti virus etc) scanning something
*apart from that, it seems hardware related

Cpu : Intel Core 2 Duo 8500 ( wolfdale @ 3.15GHz )
Ram : OCZ PC25300 2 x 2 GB
GPU : Ati Radeon HIS Iceq4850TurboX
Mainboard : Gigabyte EP45-DS3L ( Bios vF11 )
Going out on a limb here, but can you try it with just 1 stick of ram? If it happens again, try the other stick. sorry I can't help you more.
I got an answer to my problem. The problem for me was Nod32. While im racing, i have to turn it off.

Problem with lag
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG