The online racing simulator
2 monitors: Laptop-Lcd
(19 posts, started )
Hi guys,
Sorry for my bad english. I've a problem...
I've a laptop (toshiba) and another monitor LCD.
I've posted an attachment with my option for the monitors.
So,when i start LFS the game work only on one monitor(laptop's monitor)
What i must do?
I've got nVidia GeForce6600 Go
Sorry if there is already another post like this!
Thanks in advance for the answers.
Ale
Attached images
Immagine.JPG
Inside LFS, under "Graphics" you should have 2 GFX cards listed in the bottom, select the other one and then Restart LFS and it should work.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Inside LFS, under "Graphics" you should have 2 GFX cards listed in the bottom, select the other one and then Restart LFS and it should work.

Are you talking about this?(Look at the attachment)
If I choose the first one, the game run on the laptop's monitor and if i choose the second one the game run on the LCD...
How to run LFS on both monitors?
Thx
Oh! Hm. I misread. Does your nVidia Go have the NVidia Control panel run at the same time or not? (BTW, before doing this, I'd advise against it, as it'd likely run at a low framerate but it's worth a shot to see anyways)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Oh! Hm. I misread. Does your nVidia Go have the NVidia Control panel run at the same time or not? (BTW, before doing this, I'd advise against it, as it'd likely run at a low framerate but it's worth a shot to see anyways)

Yes i've nVidia control panel! But i cant find what i'm searching for .
I've tried to merge the monitors but it doesnt' work
Hm, because you should have a way to setup a "Horizontal Span" display (NOT DUALVIEW!) which will make 1 large and wide monitor out of your 2 displays. It'll be gross for any maximizing but for Fullscreen gaming is the easiest method.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hm, because you should have a way to setup a "Horizontal Span" display (NOT DUALVIEW!) which will make 1 large and wide monitor out of your 2 displays. It'll be gross for any maximizing but for Fullscreen gaming is the easiest method.

I've do it! (Horizontal span!)
But the game it's display only on the laptop
Have you set LFS up to be the wider resolution?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Have you set LFS up to be the wider resolution?

How and where i must set?
Thanks for the help man!
It should be in Screen (IIRC... I don't have LFS installed currently).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It should be in Screen (IIRC... I don't have LFS installed currently).

I can't find it
In screen there are only the resolution that i can set (what's IIRC?)
IIRC : If I Recall/Remember Correctly

He means in LFS go to OPTIONS >> Screen and change the resolution there.

Not much help, but since I am here.
Any way you can SOMETIMES setup the second LCD as the Primary monitor shown in this picture:

edit: Perhaps is not possible with a laptop - I forget now.

I think there's some software that allows this type of thing to be managed between screens. cant remember the name because I never needed it
Attached images
scr.JPG
Quote from JasonJ :IIRC : If I Recall/Remember Correctly

He means in LFS go to OPTIONS >> Screen and change the resolution there.

Not much help, but since I am here.
Any way you can setup the second LCD as the Primary monitor shown in this picture:

I think there's some software that allows this type of thing to be managed between screens. cant remember the name because I never needed it

Thx for the help!
I'll try tonight to set it
Bye
Basically, you have currently set your secondary display to extend your screenspace. This will give you a wide resolution but it's not really useful for gaming purposes.

If I understood you right, you want both displays to show the same image?
Go to Nvidia control panel, somewhere under display settings there should be option to choose secondary display act as a clone instead of extension. This will copy the image from primary display onto secondary display, basically showing the same picture on both.
Unfortunately I cannot give you step-by-step instructions on how to do it due to different operating system.

Examples to show the difference, red line illustrates the cut between two displays.
1: Secondary display in extended mode
2: Secondary display in clone mode
Attached images
dualscreen-extended.jpg
dualscreen-clone.jpg
Hi.
I think you can easily do it, without much hassle...
I also have 2 monitors (primary 1680x1050 - secondary 800x600), but not the same resolution, I think you are lucky to have 2x1024x768, from this perspective.
When the game starts, say on your primary monitor, press shift+F4 to "window" it. It must NOT run maximized.
Then, drag the window accordingly, sizing it in order to fill both your 2 displays...Maybe you'll have to adjust your in-car view a little.
I think it's enough, I didn't fiddle with LFS graphics config.
I can do it on my pc...

Italian translation follows...

Ciao.
Penso che ci si possa riuscire, senza troppi problemi.
Anch'io ho 2 monitor, di diversa risoluzione (primario 1680x1050 - secondario 800x600), e penso che da questo punto di vista sia meglio averne 2 uguali, come hai tu.
Lancia LFS e premi Shift+F4 per metterlo "in finestra". LFS non deve essere "massimizzato".
Poi trascina la finestra, ridimensionandola come ti serve, riempiendo i 2 display, al massimo dovrai un po' aggiustare la tua visuale dal posto di guida.
Secondo me basta così, a me funziona, non ho smanettato per niente nella configurazione grafica di LFS.
Attached images
Full Desktop.jpg
LFS Splash.jpg
RAC ready.jpg
I think he wants it playing on his secondary screen because it is bigger physically and is nicer to look at. (even though the resolution is the same)

Cloned screen would be easiest way to do this as Crommi pointed out above.

I remember at work we had some laptops (DELL with ATi chipset) and the staff wanted their secondary external 19" LCD screen to be the primary one and they wanted to use the laptop LCD as the extended area. No matter what we did the laptop wouldn't let us set the external LCD as the primary monitor. It was like the laptop didn't want to even know about that option. The only way was to use cloned mode so the staff could use a nicer big screen to do their in office work.
-
(Ripley) DELETED by Ripley
Quote from Minimale :...
How to run LFS on both monitors?
Thx

I'm quite sure he wants it to run on both of them

Just another idea...laptops generally have a special key combination that must be pressed to activate the external monitor...maybe a monitor icon on one of the function keys...you might need to have a look at your manual.

Italian
Mi sono ricordato che i portatili, in genere, hanno una sequenza di tasti da premere per attivare il secondo monitor...magari c'è un'icona di monitor su uno dei tasti funzione...dai uno sguardo al tuo manuale.
Did you check the refresh rate & Vsync ?
Any news Minimale ? Did you make some progress ??

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG