The online racing simulator
Yeah, if we could find out how to get it to work, someone could make a program (someone else on this forum, i'm not a programmer). Then we could make an lfs script for each car to execute the program, changing the steering wheel rotation.
My LFS already automatically changes the steering wheel degree to match each car's specification (G25 wheel). I just have that box ticked and play the game...the incar steering wheel's rotation exactly matches that of my wheel with all different cars without changing the driver settings. Not sure if that's exactly what you guys are talking about though.
Which box are you ticking? in the profiler.. that is not yet enabling LFS communication to the profiler. You've probably got the correct settings in game (wheel turn comp:1) and 900 degrees.

Yes it works ~.~ BUT the wheel does not stop turning when it reaches the end of the car's lock. For example if you select a GTR, the wheel automatically responds like it has 540 degrees of lock, (just like the car has), BUT the wheel continues to turn past the full lock position. If you have the Virtual wheel turned off then you have no idea where the end stop is and you just keep turning past 540 deg for nothing.

Quite annoying. IN fact soooo annoying I just drive every car at 720 degrees cause I can't be bothered redoing my profiler everytime I change cars. There is an LFS script command /wheel_turn [xx] but you still have the same problem because the physical (irl) wheel goes past the virtual end stops.

There is now a new option in the G25 drivers, maybe the Dev's are looking at it.
Ah ok, I see what you're saying. I've never had a problem with that, but I can see why some do.
Quote from word. :Yeah, if we could find out how to get it to work, someone could make a program (someone else on this forum, i'm not a programmer). Then we could make an lfs script for each car to execute the program, changing the steering wheel rotation.

Well, I assume it's behind the link that I posted, however I'm not really a developer so I can't implement it. I think Scawen would likely be allowed use of that site so he could implement it himself.
Now if only the right people would bring this to Scawen's attention
Time for yet another online petition ????
Hi again.

I am bumping this thread because I think there might be a solution to it. I was messing about with Logitech DXTweak 2.0 the other day. I was also looking through the registry editor and noticed there was some settings for the G25 setup. Noticed a setting for Degrees of lock that was set to 720. (Same as what I last set my max lock to)

I haven't got my wheel connected to test some things since I am installing a new rig , but I thought I might mention this in case someone wants to experiment to see if they can make a registry script to edit the max degrees of lock on the fly. If that was possible then you would only need to call a .bat file from LFS to edit the degrees of lock on the G25 automatically, and the .bat could be called when you change to specific cars.
But... What tells the driver to initalize these settings? I'm thinking it's stored there just for Profiler/Driver settings for GUI maybe... The driver itself must recieve its instructions from elsewhere as it can't poll the registry often (if at all).
I had thought about that, I thought (had hoped) that maybe the new setting in the profiler Allow Game To Adjust Settings might monitor the settings for changes in the registry.

But alas no, I just plugged in the wheel and made a reg key to change it to 40 degrees max lock, and it never took the reg setting to the FFB until I opened the Global Device Settings (which read the new reg entry and updated the dialog box settings- see attached) and then closed the dialog box and the wheel sprung around to 40 degrees. So yeak, you're right, it doesn't poll the driver when you force edit the registry. But it does keep the changes and reloads them into the profiler when you open it up so it sort of half-arsed worked

Biotch

e: So the dialog screen reads the registry, but any ideas how to maybe tell the driver to rescan the reg? -Maybe not?

Ref hkey: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\Gaming Software\GlobalDeviceSettings\G25]
Attached images
ss.JPG
still no progress with the issue?
id assume no, but that would be great
I just had a brilliant idea. And only to find that it has been already proposed 4 years ago

Could not be that hard to implement, compared to the improved experience of using scripts to automaticly adjust our wheel degrees.

Quote from Bob Smith :Why not just leave both LFS and the driver at 900° and set Wheel Turn Compensation to 1.0? Exactly the same except you lose the FFB soft-stops (something I would have thought would be trivial to add back in through LFS).

Scawen once commented on including the extended abilities of the Logitech wheels into LFS. He didn't like the way he'd have to include the Logitech API into LFS's code so he ditched the idea.
You can use 3rd party InSim apps to adjust the Logitech wheels' range from LFS.
The thing is I don't ask for using the API, just adding the soft FFB stops while having the profiler set to 900º.

I know that Scawen got pissed about Logitech's answer on how to use the API.

This way "Turn compensation" setting would be useful for everyone
I see. This would probably work, but there's a little catch. Logitech wheels indeed use a ramp force FFB effect to create the soft-stop (DFP definitely does, not sure about G2x/DFGT). However, when the wheel is turned past the soft-stop, it still transmits the axes position data. If LFS limited the wheel range just by FFB, turning the wheel beyond the soft-stop would turn the wheel in game, making LFS adjust the wheel's calibration which in turn would lead to all sorts of unwanted effects.
When the range is limited via Logitech driver, the driver takes care of this and clamps the X-axis range accordingly.
Well, this could be avoided if when we clic recalibrate in LFS those stops are not aplied, allowing the user to fully turn the wheel the 900º.

Or even if LFS itself performed a calibration everytime you start the game, just as when you plug in the wheel.

Or would that don't work? (I know is just a work around and not a true solution though)
It could be fairly easy to implement, the same time lfs asks for full force at the limit stops it also limits the steering input to 100% and ignores any higher input. Guessing there would be some issue with this though, maybe the force feedback signals cant go as high as whatever command the logitech drivers issue for the stops and there would probably be trouble with latency.
Any news about this implementation? Any add-on can help us?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG