The online racing simulator
a quest for better turn in
(7 posts, started )
ive noticed that with the latest patch of LFS, turn in seems to be dulled a lot on the road tire'd cars...
is this something that i can fix with a proper setup or is it something that was corrected in the latest physics?
ive tried increasing rear bar stiffnes, increasing front toe out, decreasing bound stiffness of front shocks, increasing front tire pressure and rear tire pressure...
basically, ive tried everything i can think of and i still cant get that snappy feeling i can get with the older patches (which i still have all of BTW so i can compare lol)

any ideas or setups i can try
upload your sets for me to try if you want.

to be clear, i can make a setup that oversteers like crazy if i want, thats not what i am after.
i want a neutral setup that has snappy feeling steering characteristics.
lets start with the LX4 i guess
Take ABS off maybe?
Up your rear rebound rate.
down the front arb?
What Bunder says usually works too, albeit the axis you spin on will be negated to the rear slightly which really fuddles with the feel.
one thing i did try was to decrease the "wheel turn compensation" to 40% from 90% and it feels a lot better but not quite right.
ive found that for me, the car feels the best when you use very low ARB rates and stiff springs.
as for shocks, i use bobs setup tool to set the shocks so that the car is completely neutral, then i tune in a hint of oversteer on entry and understeer on exit.
i dont really like having my rear bars too strong because especially with no downforce, i end up driving too conservatively to keep the car pointed straight
any other ideas?
Attack the corner (in question) differently, tire wear aside.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG