The online racing simulator
Request for Rev-Limiter removal!
(18 posts, started )
Can someone make something that will eliminate the rev limiter?

I think its so stupid how the game has no option to take the Rev Limiter off, without the rev limiter it would be more realistic and we would have to be more careful

U should be able to run the motor untill it blows, get rid of this rev limiter crap!

Can anyone do this?

Thanks!
Quote from Josh1230 :Can someone make something that will eliminate the rev limiter?

I think its so stupid how the game has no option to take the Rev Limiter off, without the rev limiter it would be more realistic and we would have to be more careful

U should be able to run the motor untill it blows, get rid of this rev limiter crap!

Can anyone do this?

Thanks!

I've never seen a car engine blow up in the game to begin with... let alone believe that the engine will do anything other than just stop running.

Personally I'd rather wait to see if Scawan (sorry if i spelt wrong... o.o tired) would put that in himself. Specifically engines blowing XD mmm black smoke that you cant see through... ^_^
you can still overrev the engine, and damage it that way...
#4 - Olaa1
there is one done with insim that turns the car on and off quickly at max revs to simulate the bouncy rev limiter...

it's been suggested to the devs a billion times before though.
Quote from Olaa1 :Irl with a real life car i can push it abit over the redline.
in lfs you cant, it just stops. and dont pumps back n forward like it should.

Not with all cars. With my car when it hits the limiter it just holds it at the redline, no bouncing and i cant go over. Iv'e also driven a few other cars than mine which cant be pushed past the redline, cause the limiter kicks in.

My mom made her revs on her durango accidently redline and it was bouncing.
One difference may be that cars with drive-by-wire throttles can back the throttle off at the redline, but cars with "manual" throttles can only use ignition and/or fuel cut to control engine speed if you're holding the throttle open. My car had a DBW throttle and it holds the revs steady at the redline with no bouncing.
to whoever is looking for the bouncing/pumping effect for LFS, look here and here for a preview.

I use this mod and it makes the experience more realistic.
I have a 2003 falcon and it just holds it's revs at "redline".
Pointless addition.

The devs have greater issues and features to be bothered with than simulating a rev-limiter. If you're driving properly anyway, you'll almost never touch the limiter.
LFS rev limiter system needs more variety! It is just the same on all cars, but it should not be like that. Different cars - different engine construction, and a bit different redline system.

LFS is wrong, reality is right.
Quote from Josh1230 :Can someone make something that will eliminate the rev limiter?

Can anyone do this?

Thanks!

whats the point ?? you have a redline for a reason, people think pedal to the metal racing is all the way up the range then change gear ( or if you cant find it - grind it ) but this is infact not true, Consider the rev limiter a blessing in disguise.
BTW, engines in lfs lose power if u pass the redline, say you are driving the fxr, in say 5th gear down a straight, then quickly downshift to second, it will rev past the redline, if its past the redline for a while, engine loses power, this happens with car that have enough grip to do it, some cars like xrg ect, the tyres just lock up
I find it funny that the same people who whine about drag racing because this is a RACING SIMULATOR also whine when someone suggests adding something more realistic to the game.

IDIOTS.

edit: I don't mean by removing the revlimiter, I mean by adding some variety with bouncing rev limiters/launch control/antilag, etc.
Yeah... almost all cars that have computer controlled fuel injection have a rev limiter. Some are right at redline, some are way past.
Older cars with carburetors were limited when the engine blew, the intake/ exhaust could not flow any more, thus it would not go any faster.
I could walk outside, start up my VW bug, and hold it wide open until It runs out of fuel.

Most of the cars in LFS are fine but the FZR and FZ5 for example are hitting peak power about 200rpm before the rev limiter cuts in, that is a bit too close in my opinion.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG