The online racing simulator
The new car in S3?
(128 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :That DP thingy that was discussed on here a while back?

afaik dpcars offered it to the Devs, but they said no/not now. And its been a year since he posted the last time on here
Something else than a small capacity four cylinder.
A big truck lol. Something like those in Mercedes Truck Racing Championships.

[B]Road[/B] capacity layout drivetrain
UF1 [B]1.0[/B] [B]i4[/B] FF
XFG [B]1.3[/B] [B]i4[/B] FF
XRG [B]1.8[/B] [B]i4[/B] FR
XRT [B]2.0[/B] [B]i4[/B]-t FR
FXO [B]1.9[/B] f[B]4[/B]-t FF
RB4 [B]2.0[/B] [B]i4[/B]-t F4
LX4 [B]1.3[/B] [B]i4[/B] FR
LX6 [B]1.8[/B] i6 FR
RAC [B]2.0[/B] [B]i4[/B]-t MR
FZ5 3.6 f6 RR
[B]Race[/B]
UFR [B]1.4[/B] [B]i4[/B] FF
XFR [B]2.0[/B] [B]i4[/B] FF
XRR [B]2.0[/B] [B]i4[/B]-t FR
FZR 3.6 f6 RR
FXR [B]2.0[/B] f[B]4[/B]-t F4
[B]SS[/B]
MRT 0.6 [B]i4[/B]-t MR
FBM 1.2 [B]i4[/B]-t MR
FOX 2.0 [B]i4[/b]-t MR
FO8 3.0 V8 MR
F1 2.4 V8 MR

And just a single MR model and a single >2.5 liter engine in all of road legal and GTR models. Not a single V4/6/8 in any road models.
What about that car in that thread from ages ago where someone was designing and buidling their own racing car and offered it up for inclusion in LFS? I wonder if anything ever came of that, in secret?
that was the DP1 tristan and I meant. That guy offered it to them, but afaik the Devs put him on hold, was about two years ago. Funny thing now that same guy offers are wide varity of cars, he plans a sort of Ariel Atom with a Chevy V8 atm
#32 - aoun
Plenty of road cars, Plenty of SS cars. GTR cars, not bad, if they where overhauled, thery would be perfect.

I would go for something new, either a rally car (for tarmac and dirt), LMP car.

Dragsters, Pikes peak cars and to a less extent a Nascar shouldnt really be in this, As they would be limited to 1 or 2 tracks. If there was WIDE selections of tracks, i would love a Top fueler or a Craftmans cup Nascar.
Quote from ACCAkut :that was the DP1 tristan and I meant.

I was posting sneakily at work when I should have been working so didn't have time to read the whole thing
Looking at the current selection of cars in LFS, I would say the best addition would be a "true" endurance racing car. With leagues like MOE and IGTC, being so popular, and with a lot of people watching their broadcasts, having this kind of car, could really improve the quality of racing, and that way use these leagues exposure to serve as a great promotion to LFS.
Quote from Crashgate3 :What about that car in that thread from ages ago where someone was designing and buidling their own racing car and offered it up for inclusion in LFS? I wonder if anything ever came of that, in secret?

Quote from ACCAkut :afaik dpcars offered it to the Devs, but they said no/not now. And its been a year since he posted the last time on here

EDIT: Oh you saw it
If there's just one new car coming ti s3 Im gonna eat a broom.
Quote from ACCAkut :that was the DP1 tristan and I meant. That guy offered it to them, but afaik the Devs put him on hold, was about two years ago. Funny thing now that same guy offers are wide varity of cars, he plans a sort of Ariel Atom with a Chevy V8 atm

I swore that when I originally read about that car, that it was run by two hayabusa engines sharing a crankshaft...Guess I'm wrong.

Quote from chunkyracer :Looking at the current selection of cars in LFS, I would say the best addition would be a "true" endurance racing car. With leagues like MOE and IGTC, being so popular, and with a lot of people watching their broadcasts, having this kind of car, could really improve the quality of racing, and that way use these leagues exposure to serve as a great promotion to LFS.

What's wrong with the GTR cars for endurance racing? We already have GT cars, we don't need more.
Quote from Breizh :

XFG [B]1.3[/B] [B]i4[/B]-t FF

sorry but the XFG isnt Turbo =\

i know i know totally random but seems like im the only one who caught it =\
Quote from Crashgate3 :I was posting sneakily at work when I should have been working so didn't have time to read the whole thing

You have to work at work, not do the forumwhoring, bastard :P
Yep sorry I typed that up too quick. Doesn't really change how many i4's LFS is made of.

We could use one or two more GTRs to make as rich a field as real GTRs.. Certainly an MR and maybe an NA large displacement FR.
I think that if there is something needed now it would either be a stock car or a rallycross car. The road cars are not powerfull enough for proper rallycross, and at same time we have a good selection of road cars allready in my opinion
There's more to motorsports than eco-class 4 bangers. Missing staples of production motorsports are: the muscle car (Aussie and American), the FR roadster in its various iterations (TVR/Healy/M3/Corvette/350Z etc), the exotic MR (Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, GT40, R8, etc), the exotic FR (F550, 599), the 4WDs (GT-R, Audi RS4, Subarus, Mistubishis etc).. There's plenty of other possibilities like rally racers or LMPs, but as it is the road cars are mostly 4 bangers, and don't have a single V engine and just one model over 2.4 L displacement. It's not at all a complete representation of production road cars.
A gearhead looking for a real raunchy sports car is limited to the esoteric LX6 or the Porsche.
Quote from SidiousX :What's wrong with the GTR cars for endurance racing? We already have GT cars, we don't need more.

If you follow endurance racing series, like Le Mans Series, or the American Le Mans Series, you´ll know that the main classes there, are LMP1 and LMP2 (LMP= Le Mans Prototype), and are rather different from the GTR cars we have now on LFS...
Why not do a complete serie then? By that I mean at least add a whole new class then? Would be borring with just an audi. It would need 2-3 cars equally to it to make some diversity in the field.
BTCC Car
Quote from chunkyracer :If you follow endurance racing series, like Le Mans Series, or the American Le Mans Series, you´ll know that the main classes there, are LMP1 and LMP2 (LMP= Le Mans Prototype), and are rather different from the GTR cars we have now on LFS...

Yes I know that, but we already have cars that are good for endurance races, don't need more.
I think it will be a BMW.

By the way, Audi DTM looks like FXR :3
Two classic 60s/70s touring cars - one a meaty american V8, the other a lighter, nippier european style, nicely balanced off against each other.
#50 - Woz
I get the feeling its a stock. From things I have heard (Not direct confirmation but hints) and also now we have two ovals. It just makes sense to release the stock and the second oval at the same time.

Stock is needed to crack the US market.

The new car in S3?
(128 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG