The online racing simulator
Professional video editor
(13 posts, started )
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone here can recommend me a professional video editor. Which softwares are usually used in companies? For now I want to edit a small video just for fun but in the future it can be very useful for me, so I'd like to start being familiar with this kind of software. I was thinking about Adobe Premiere. Opinions?
Thanks
Premiere and After Effects I guess.

However, if you are looking for something simple and easy to get into, I recommend the good ol' Vegas
I used Adobe Premier to edit the STCC videos and it was very good. Vegas is good when using a small number of camera sources but Premier ruled the roost when dealing, as I was, with a dozen or more cameras.

In principle they are much the same thing, and both commercially used - although Adobe is probably more widely used. For simple use they are both overkill, I find Adobe less clumsy and Vegas 'easier', but when dealing with complex projects Adobe wins hands down for me.
Sony Vegas is by far the most accessible software out there.
I can't use Premiere/Final Cut Pro, but Vegas comes really easy.

I know that the former 2 are powerful, but it's difficult to understand the workflow with them.
Thanks a lot guys.
So Vegas and Premiere are the winners.
Yeager, what do you mean with accessible? Easy to get or easy to use?
I'm trying Premiere CS4 right now and at the first glance the interface looks like a nightmare I'll take it easy
Quote from NitroNitrous :Thanks a lot guys.
So Vegas and Premiere are the winners.

Nope...
Final Cut and premiere are the winners. depending on your OS, if it's Mac, then your choice is Final Cut, which is simply wonderful, if it's Win, then your choice is either the better Premiere, or the more simple, Vegas
All right, thanks for the info. I'm using Windows so...
Finally I switched to Vegas: 150mb instead of 2.4Gb and as I see unless I want to do something extremely professional it does the job. It's working fine for now, my first video is done
One advantage of Premiere is that it can combine multiple videos into a single video, but maybe Vegas can also do this. For example:

http://rcgldr.net/ir/irssrad.wmv
Quote from NitroNitrous :unless I want to do something extremely professional

like proper Copy-pasting and moving of entire composed segments of teh vid (at least that's how it was when I last used it)
Quote from JeffR :One advantage of Premiere is that it can combine multiple videos into a single video, but maybe Vegas can also do this. For example:

http://rcgldr.net/ir/irssrad.wmv

Yip Vegas has no problems with this, it can also copy entire segments of several tracks and move without issue. Premier, last time I used it, was a horrible mess.
Actually that's what I wanted to do, and Vegas did it quite well.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG