The online racing simulator
When to start driving online?
(32 posts, started )
just press the space bar which is reset car. <dang u beat me too it :P>
ah, cool, don't know how I missed that one! Thanks.
not every fast driver is a good racer
lots of racers are not really into racing but only into getting some fast online pb´s
use ur offline time to train the tracks as good as possible and then asap up and away online. use at best half-filled servers. there is enough space for a "noob" to train with humans.
but the most important thing i think: get used with the game before u get online.
learn how to clear the track fast (sh+s), how to use the pit-menu ingame, create ur own messages (F1 and so on) and how to react on flags. on some servers the other players are very fast with kick- or banvote when u ruin their races due such stupid and not needed mistakes.

just remember: the best way to win a race is to survive the first corner
and sometimes a bit less is a bit more
well, I had my second race now: 5 laps, still blackwood gp, I came second in the XFR behind some dude in an FZR, total time 6:42.9, lapping 1:18s except the final lap where some late joiners had an entertaining pile-up on the corner after the back straight and I had to dodge it. So I guess I'm getting the hang of it now . Thanks everyone for the tips etc, I hope this thread will be useful to other newbies
Quote from AdamW :well, I had my second race now: 5 laps, still blackwood gp, I came second in the XFR behind some dude in an FZR, total time 6:42.9, lapping 1:18s except the final lap where some late joiners had an entertaining pile-up on the corner after the back straight and I had to dodge it. So I guess I'm getting the hang of it now . Thanks everyone for the tips etc, I hope this thread will be useful to other newbies

Good on you!

The more you play, the better you get!!

Sam
sounds like youve got the most important skill to win races i.e. staying on track/ out of trouble

in my experience go on south city to improve your disciplin as theres nothing like having no run off spaces to teach you to drive tidily
#32 - MR_B
Quote from Jakg :youve read the ettiquette guides, which means youve done more than most!

VERY true

I always tell people to take their time, do some cruising round laps and slowly build the speed, but remember to obey the blues!

When to start driving online?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG