The online racing simulator
Demo racers
(63 posts, started )
#26 - SamH
Quote from lalathegreat :Developers should be improving the game to the point where the game justifies the spending of the money. As of now i don't think LFS is at that level.

limiting the demo as means of getting people to buy it is the wroung way to go about it. Developers should be improving the game to get people to buy.

That's a twisted logic if ever I saw one.

The demo is how it is, and it's SO much more than you've paid for. If you want more from it than you're getting, buy it.

The demo received much of the improvements that S2 got. Tyres are great now, and aero is too. So you don't have the BF1. Boohoo.

The game already justifies the spending of the money. I should know because I DID spend the money. When you spend the money too, you can tell other folks if LFS is worth spending the money just like me. Until then, you can't justify anything except telling people whether you think the Demo is worth downloading or not. Now THAT is logic.
I always find it interesting when demo racers have such strong opinions about something they really can only guess about ...
Quote from tristancliffe :I've paid £36 to LFS.
I've paid, in total, about £200 for wheels (I broke lots in the 'early' days)
I've paid £250 for ECCI pedals
I plan to pay £60 for a DFP to replace my Momo but only when I can afford...
To buy a FREX kit for it, at around £100 but that needs me...
To buy a small racing wheel to mount, about £90 from Demon Tweeks.
Then I'll upgrade my PC a bit probably, but I won't count that as it's not only to do with LFS.

I think LFS has been worth it

forgot the price of the hacksaw

i still think that the demo just needs more diversity, give them a low power open wheeler like a formula ford (like.. the 10th time ive suggested this lol) and remove the XRGT
that way.. you have 3 classes, the XFGTi, XRGTT, and an open wheeler.. all around demo
and thats all that should change..
Yeah, um the demo should be removed.
#30 - shim
i got no probs with the demo.. played it for many many months straight.. and it was only using a friends S2 account once in a blue moon that made me get S2..
i'm very sad to hear so many comments about restricting the game to Demo Players...
Why?
If there's many players in Demo servers that's probably because the game is appealing, and the more demo people play, more people will buy it...that's only one opinion.

1 Track and 3 cars ... is this too much?
Quote from tristancliffe :I've paid £36 to LFS.
I've paid, in total, about £200 for wheels (I broke lots in the 'early' days)
I've paid £250 for ECCI pedals
I plan to pay £60 for a DFP to replace my Momo but only when I can afford...
To buy a FREX kit for it, at around £100 but that needs me...
To buy a small racing wheel to mount, about £90 from Demon Tweeks.
Then I'll upgrade my PC a bit probably, but I won't count that as it's not only to do with LFS.

I think LFS has been worth it

damn lol, i just hacked a xbox mad catz stearing wheel
yea is good for u, just saying some people like my self don't feel its worth it yet. was almost convinced in buying it when the BF1 came out
Quote from whitey6272 :I think the demo users are given way to much of the game, and it shows with the amount of people in the demo servers to the s2 servers, i mean online play on a free demo is a little too generous if you ask me, and demo teams WTFOMZFG!!1111 thats just slapping the devs in the face isn't it?

I think they should be given a "taste" of the game maybe limit online to 1 lap or something, im sure alot more people would pay for it then rather than being stingy ****s

*Prepares flame retardent suite*

If you are S2 then why worry? atleast Demo driveers have more time befor they start on S2!!
Quote from lalathegreat :damn lol, i just hacked a xbox mad catz stearing wheel
yea is good for u, just saying some people like my self don't feel its worth it yet. was almost convinced in buying it when the BF1 came out

tristan just wanted to show off with all the stuff he bought . don't take it too seriously.
Quote from fujiwara :i'm very sad to hear so many comments about restricting the game to Demo Players...
Why?
If there's many players in Demo servers that's probably because the game is appealing, and the more demo people play, more people will buy it...that's only one opinion.

haha, its 5 tracks (including reversed, which makes different experience).
i just don't understand, why this is an improvement suggestion after all.

it's no improvement for the s2 licensed racers and definately none for the demo guys.

let the demo racers have their fun, why are s2 licensed racers even bothered by that?

there is no harm, if a demo racer decides to play the demo for years. more racers attract even more racers to demo servers, who are potential s2 buyers.

i don't get it.
Let me explain,

The demo content is too much and people are treating it as its own game and not buying the s2 license which is annoying as there are rarely s2 servers with over 5 people in them apart from the odd 1 or 2 BF1 servers.

all i was trying to improve was the size of the s2 users and servers...

get it?
Apart from the totally empties once somebody logs into an S2 server it starts filling up, it's rare that a server has less than 10 players for very long. Obviously time of day is an influence though.

I still have never raced the BF1, and I never have trouble finding a server with at least 6 and usually 10-15 racers on either my favorite combination, or on the combination of my next league race. I often spot other combo's with a few players on at the same time too.

What you have to remember with demo players is most of them are not potential customers. Kids who's concept of spending pocket money doesn't extend beyond buying chocolate, and people who refuse to spend money online, and the terminally poor who bought a computer but then never buy anything for it.

The "potential" customer base amongst demo racers probably isn't actually that high. Sure there's a few, and they'll either become S2 license holders in time or they'll decide LFS isn't for them.

But S2 content is not sparse, you can get races with big fields. You might not get the combo you want, and you might not get a big field if you throw a sicky and play at home during the day, but there's plenty more to the game as this BF1 virgin has found... Heck, I dont just "not race the BF1", I *only* race the Fox (until I get bored of it then i'll move on) and I can always find 2-3 busy servers of an evening and a few extras either forming or dying off...
maybe some of us were once upon a time part of the so-called demo-ers. People, remember how y'all got hooked to LFS, let the future enjoy what you have benificed in the past. Yes, I know, ppl abuses the advantages of demo, but those are consequences of marketing.
why do demo people bother s2 drivers so much, you talk about hwo there are wreckers int he demo servers.. Why are you going into the demo servers if there are s1/s2 servers.

I don't see how anyones 'abusing' the demo, the devs obviously aren't bothered with it because they realeased the FREE UNRESTRICTED demo.

just because we paid the money for s2 doesn't mean that we can make the rules. I know alot of the demo users just wreck, but so what? just leave and go play S2
Quote from contourSVT :why do demo people bother s2 drivers so much, you talk about hwo there are wreckers int he demo servers.. Why are you going into the demo servers if there are s1/s2 servers.

Because I can't currently stay connected to the 1 or 2 servers that has 12-15 racers and the other 8 servers with anyone only has 2-3 racers. On those servers, you ask for a restart and you get ignored because folks don't want to race, they only want to hotlap.

Yet, I bring up the demo server list and there are like 20-28 servers with connections, half of them you can't join because they are full, and the other half are split on the cars with 6-8 racers each so there is alway somewhere to race in demo. Over here in the US evenings, it is slim pickings for S2 racers/servers.

One benefit we do have is, we never encounter wreckers ( I've only seen 2 since July of 2005) and those who race LFS over here are about 98% extremely respectable. Most of the folks I see US times are CoRe, Mercury, [noobs], Chops, Eagles, LOTF, MB occasionally, and the misc. folks from Brazil that I see now and then. All are very respectable folks and racers and I'm glad to have them out there as "internet friends".
#42 - th84
Quote from mrodgers :All are very respectable folks and racers and I'm glad to have them out there as "internet friends

Likewise pal!!

I still go onto demo servers occasionally, its nice to see whats going on there. I hate the car/track selection (or lack of) so i rarely race. Its nice to go back for some memories!
th84 i think i saw you yesterday on Aston with BF1
#44 - th84
no it was so classic/fox. some good races too
Ah yea thats it, even though i messed up pretty much every race damn chicane always push too far

decided to call it a day at 2.30 am
Quote from fujiwara :i'm very sad to hear so many comments about restricting the game to Demo Players...
Why?

If you think that more people will buy it who play demo servers, why have you not bought it yet? At first, my mother wouldn't let me get it, but after I nagged her enough she finally bought it for me. With most games, people play the demo for a while then buy the game because they are restricted in the demo. I have asked some demo racers about buying the game, and they say that the demo is good enough for them, so by restricting it more, they will still want to come back for more if they like it, by buying the game!

P.S. Technically it's 5 tracks, less technically 3.
#47 - SamH
Quote from whitey6272 :th84 i think i saw you yesterday on Aston with BF1

[OT]Nahh it was me you saw on AS2R in the BF1. Vicious track. Seriously good fun. Lots of newbies because it was the Beginners server, but then you found your way to SO Classic where th84 was. Excellent racing.. but an evil chicane. You're not the first to fall repeatedly victim to it. There are days I can't complete more than 3 consecutive laps without writing myself AND someone else off in that damn thing.

We were thinking of taking that server down and not putting it back up until we'd finished digging a tunnel under the chicane.[/OT]

If you're already a seasoned LFS demo racer, having driven LFS before and since the latest patch.. and after seeing pics and videos of the BF1... you are still not convinced to buy LFS then my gut tells me that YOU are not ever likely to buy S2. The BF1 is an absolutely massive lunge forwards for LFS. The tyres and aero are also MASSIVE steps forward.

Some people are just never going to pay for S2, and that's a simple matter of fact. I don't personally mind if they do or not. It's really nothing to do with me. I'm happy as an S2 licencee, and that's where I'm at.

I don't mind if they play demo for a week before they erase it, or they play demo for life. But I don't run demo servers for them. I run demo servers for the people who are genuinely interested in LFS, and like to try before they buy. I will always impress upon people in the demo servers that what they're experiencing is a mere TASTE of what's in store when they buy S2. That is the purpose, in MY mind, of a demo server.

I think the demo server is good as it is. It gives a good idea of what's in store in S2, but it doesn't give too much. I think it's just right.
Leave the demo ppl alone...
Quote from whitey6272 :Let me explain,

The demo content is too much and people are treating it as its own game and not buying the s2 license which is annoying as there are rarely s2 servers with over 5 people in them apart from the odd 1 or 2 BF1 servers.

all i was trying to improve was the size of the s2 users and servers...

get it?

no, honestly. i don't get it. by restricting the the demo content you won't get more players on the s2 servers either (i already said that, maybe you just ignored it....but welll).
Quote from Fetzo :no, honestly. i don't get it. by restricting the the demo content you won't get more players on the s2 servers either (i already said that, maybe you just ignored it....but welll).

how exactly do you know that?

Demo racers
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG