The online racing simulator
This should be a good realism comparison
Me and my dad have been invited to an 'exciting evening of racing with Renault F1'. Basically, we have been asked if we want to have a shot in their F1 simulator.

Should be a good comparison to the BF1
#2 - axus
Awesome! Do give us feedback .

Logical deduction that should be happening in Sony's F1 game fans at this point: "Guess F1 drivers don't use Sony's F1 game for PS2 aferall "
I drove for the Renault F1 team once, I delivered something to their offices...

That does sound like a heck of a lot of fun .
#4 - J.B.
Cool stuff. I've always been wondering about what these simulators are like that the F1 teams use. See what you can find out: Who writes them? Are they in-house productions? What hardware do they run on? Are they perhaps mods of commerical sims? etc.
#5 - wE1l
Quote from J.B. :Cool stuff. I've always been wondering about what these simulators are like that the F1 teams use. See what you can find out: Who writes them? Are they in-house productions? What hardware do they run on? Are they perhaps mods of commerical sims? etc.

And does the driver feel G-Forces in the simulator?
Sometimes when i play lfs, i can swear i feel g-forces...
Quote from george_tsiros :Sometimes when i play lfs, i can swear i feel g-forces...

Yeah, 1g
Quote from farcar :Yeah, 1g

:uglyhamme
While we're at it, I can smell rubber burning

Honest....
Quote from delray25 :While we're at it, I can smell rubber burning

Honest....

...because you're sitting too close to the heater with your sneakers on.
#11 - Vain
Quote from delray25 :While we're at it, I can smell rubber burning

Honest....

Stop smoking while driving on the MOMO! The rubber burns easily!

Someone should make a new deodorant. Burned gas, oil, brake-disc-dust, tyre-dust, a tint of the smell of leather. What man could resist a woman that smells like that?

Vain
I know Rubens Barrichello used to do laps on Grand Prix 2 before he jumped into his Jordan back in the days. On the 1996 review, there is a scene with Rubens playing Gp2 and he explains he does it before he drives the track in real life to refresh his memory. Anyone with the review will know.
so what happened to this renault simulator?
I went in a "V8 supercar simulator" the other day, its basically a car facing a giant projector screen in a sort of tent thing. everything moved, like the whole car and even the seat. But to be honest, I didn't feel that it was very realistic
Quote from sil3ntwar :so what happened to this renault simulator?

Aint been in it yet, read the letter and its Thursday coming . This weeks going to fly becasue of this, for me anyways.
I seen that when i was trying to find what it was like. Im hoping its not it
Quote from farcar :Yeah, 1g

LOLROFLMAOFOFLROL :ugly: <- this smiley can be seen at http://www.gamestar.de :P
working for Honda, i tried their simulator myself.
they used an old BAR car from 2002 i think and installed the computer in it, plus some speakers and hydraulique (dont know the real word) thingy to make the car react a little to what is actually happening on the secreen in front of you. the forces in the wheel is actually pretty good, you have to fight hard to keep your line while rolling over a... crap forgot the name again (usually red and white on the inside of a curve!)
the program they use is a tweaked version of F12004. its ok but i was disappointed. the only good thing is that you actually sit in a true Jenson's F1 car !
what about the renault one?
Quote from Stellios :Me and my dad have been invited to an 'exciting evening of racing with Renault F1'. Basically, we have been asked if we want to have a shot in their F1 simulator.

Should be a good comparison to the BF1

probably running rfactor. :lol:
A friend of mine does marketing and sales for a racing simulator called hexatech, so I had the chance to play with it a bit .

It's on some 4-6 hydraulic pistons, and the G-forces it simulates are incredible! Having eaten just before my ride in this thing, I fstarted feeling a bit queasy after 10 minutes or so of driving , and had to stop after half an hour or I would've thrown up .

Check the pics on the linked site (gallery -> a day at the office) for an impression.

It's the only serious simulator I've ever been in, so i can't compare it to anything .
Quote from Mikkomattic :Stellios, would you feel cheated? --> http://www.f1racingshop.net/article.asp?articleid=13284

Article description :
Renault F1 Simulator produced by Majorette. This simulator includes 3 games, display on the steering wheel. Unique design. For children

Quote from Stellios :Aint been in it yet, read the letter and its Thursday coming . This weeks going to fly becasue of this, for me anyways.

so whats the news?
Quote from sil3ntwar :so whats the news?

I bet he's still recovering.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG