The online racing simulator
Do you have a fave Beatles album?
(31 posts, started )
Any Beatles fans?

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com has a poll to find out what is your favourite Beatles album.

Abbey Road has the most votes so far, then The White Album, then Rubber Soul.

Have a look if you fancy a vote.
they're shit
Quote from chanoman315 :they're shit

Clearly you know nothing about music then. You should know that the Beatles are great unless your brain was replaced with flavoured gelatin dessert as a child.
well I'm not above liking old music, I havnt listened to anything of theirs for ages, but I went for A Hard Days Night. Eithe rbecause it's an under appreciated masterpiece or simply because it's the only one I can really remember.

Anyway, back to the Animal Alpha album I was listening too...
IMO, the Beatles are shit too...
Obviously, a lot of people like them, and thats fine, but you can't say that the guy knows nothing about music just because he doesn't like them

Unless of course the forum sarcasm detector is malfunctioning...
I find them boring, that's it
White Album. Class.
I can see why other people like them, and can obviously see the massive amount of influence they've had on music in general, but I just find most of their songs very, very boring.
The White Album, nothing can even hold a candle to it... Maybe if you put Led Zep or Bowie's entire catalog up against it you'd get a fair comparison.

And for the record, one may not like the Beatles but you can't deny they changed the face of music forever. Everything changed after 1964, and as a musician you'd be hard pressed these days to write a song that didn't borrow from them in some form or another. Just one man's opinion, but as far as I'm concerned they are THE most influential rock group of all time, and will never be surpassed.
Quote from titanLS :
And for the record, one may not like the Beatles but you can't deny they changed the face of music forever. Everything changed after 1964, and as a musician you'd be hard pressed these days to write a song that didn't borrow from them in some form or another. Just one man's opinion, but as far as I'm concerned they are THE most influential rock group of all time, and will never be surpassed.

+1

My favourite album however, is Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Yeah, sober it's the White Album but under the influence it'd have to be Sgt. Peppers, flows well when the walls are breathing....
Rubber Soul, probably.

Maybe Revolver or Abbey Road on certain days.
#14 - 5haz
S'not really my era, but I can see why it was so awesome at the time.
(Paul is dead! *ahem* I mean CRANBERRY SAUCE!)
You can see their influence in today's music....

....and mainly every single Oasis track.
Perhaps that explains why i find Oasis shit also
Today I have to say they're bad. Their music is superb compared to a lot of stuff that has been made, but they are still... too simple and unoriginal.

I still like them though, just got a McCartney 2009 live DVD.
I don't know anything about albums concerning the Beatles.
Their music sure isn't bad, and they've had some massive influence, but I don't even care about them that much to get RB: The Beatles.
#19 - JJ72
Never cared about Beatles.

But I did have John Lennon's Lennon Legend ablum, and some of the post Beatles songs I think are really good.
Let me guess... The Beatles edition Rock Band came out today, didn't it?
Yes, except it's properly done not like GH:Aerosmith where there's 10 aerosmith songs then a tonne from other bands. It's a proper Beatles Rock Band, not half-assed.
Im one of them who "dont like" them

But, in my opinion its more for people who lived in this time. I mean, everybody loves theyr childhood music and stuff. I like to listen Ozzy Osbourne sometimes but The Beatles ... its just too old for me.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, except it's properly done not like GH:Aerosmith where there's 10 aerosmith songs then a tonne from other bands. It's a proper Beatles Rock Band, not half-assed.

The situation reminds me of the Michael Jackson situation... where people who don't give a toss suddenly gave a toss because he died.

...Except, the Beatles, and Rock Band instead of Dead.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Clearly you know nothing about music then. You should know that the Beatles are great unless your brain was replaced with flavoured gelatin dessert as a child.

I just love this argument when it comes to music. Boils down to "you dont like what I like so you must be a moron/idiot/insert perjorative term here"

Actually, (speaking as an amateur musician), the Beatles are a popular musical phenomenom. Whilst it's true that their music has inspired many generations of aspiring musicians, (well duh - by definition being popular/successfull is going to ensure that), their actual musical talent is nothing particularly inspiring. Look around at other bands of the time and you'll see that they weren't doing anything new or original or doing it particularly well for that matter. What they did have over the others was a huge following of fans, (predominantly female), based on the same reasons any modern boy band has huge female fan base. It wasn't their musical talent that made them popular and famous.

Yes, they were very influential. But as I said, it was a product of fame not of talent.

Become famous/popular = get heard by more people = become influential

Another significant factor in their popularity is their early break up, and the popularity of John Lennon as a persona, (especially relating to his political views), particularly after leaving the Beatles and because of his untimely end.

To sum up:

They had good vocal harmonisation, though not uniquely better than some other bands at the time. They were all "good looking" lads. They sang about love a lot, which girls just love. They had a huge female following. They played generic rythm and blues based rock n roll, and played it no better than some other bands at the time and certainly no more uniquely.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :You can see their influence in today's music....

....and mainly every single Oasis track.

And every boy band that ever existed - The Beatles true legacy.

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG