The online racing simulator
Nice to see a photo of me in there too.
Hi there!

I proudly present the new issue of the iCON News - 08/09.
OP updated with the link.

Hope you like it.
Thanks to Bean0 and Mp3 Astra for editing and proof reading. Feel free to leave here your comments, oppinions and suggestions.

Kind regards
Another brilliant mag, thanks.
oo...we have a new member on RSR...welcome aboard Michael Passingham

quote from magazine:
"Position on CTRA's Bump and Jump's rankings : 119 th
LFSW Team Application : Race Sim Radicals"

otherwise a marvellous job on magazine guys
Quote from -NightFly- :oo...we have a new member on RSR...welcome aboard Michael Passingham

quote from magazine:
"Position on CTRA's Bump and Jump's rankings : 119 th
LFSW Team Application : Race Sim Radicals"

otherwise a marvellous job on magazine guys

LOL! Looks like I didn't find the most obvious mistake in the entire magazine
i see mr wilkinson gets the pun in about the igtc and that we sucked during qually
Quote from jwardy :i see mr wilkinson gets the pun in about the igtc and that we sucked during qually

Wahey
Quote :alongside of the very enthusiastic English teenager Chris Wilkinson, known for his good vocal performances at the TBO Challenge, the Murray Motorsports Cup and the TRDT Danish League.

Quote :...as Jonathan Palmer, the head of NDR...

Erm, I'm technically head of NDR Deko does all the racing shizz [which is why he probably appears to be in charge] and I do the background stuff you dont see
Quote from J@tko :Erm, I'm technically head of NDR Deko does all the racing shizz [which is why he probably appears to be in charge] and I do the background stuff you dont see

Background stuff, like, have dinner, right ?

Do you have a problem with me being a very enthusiastic English teenager Mr Atkinson?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :LOL! Looks like I didn't find the most obvious mistake in the entire magazine

So your secret desire is out.
But Are you radical enough?
Didn't find it an interesting read at all, everything is NDR processed, a mag should be about things we can't find ourselves. And as a racer you didn't interview anyone worthwhile as a driver.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Didn't find it an interesting read at all, everything is NDR processed, a mag should be about things we can't find ourselves. And as a racer you didn't interview anyone worthwhile as a driver.

Oh well, couldn't go to sleep leaving this unanswered...

First of all, thanks for your sincere opinion, I do appreciate that

Well, I can understand your frustration, seeing that we struggled trying to bring something new to the mag for 3 months. The fact is that, we're only 2 guys behind this project(without counting our proof readers), with our hard job(studies for me), our social life(well, at least, for Tom:razz, and all of our others LFS related projects. Finding spare time to write for that is quite hard for us, and sometimes we're just doing what is the easiest for us - copy and paste what we've done last time to follow the big lines, and change the inside stories. Finding something new to say is much more difficult than some people could think - writing 1 page on the forum on something you want to react in is quite easy, but after you wrote 3x20 pages(in a foreign language!) on the community and so on, you quickly see that it becomes much much harder to come up with a subject and some good arguments.

For the interviews TBH it's not my job, you should wait for Tom's reaction on that, but AFAIK we always tried to have 1 interview per release+some drivers' report for the important leagues. Anyway I'd be the first to say that there's an obvious lack of salt in that, and that the questions should change at every release. But now we simply can't come with 10 interviews, we need everything to make a world. Last thing, finding someone "worth" for that could be difficult, as from my own experience, the top drivers don't crave for entering in iCON News. But I might be wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the comments everyone, and sorry for putting Passo at RSR, my mistake

Regards
The NDR fanboi
Thanks for that. Im not trying to put you guys down, for a 2 man team it is good.

Just i think the time you spend writing up about leagues with 5 people in them could be spent doing something else most of the stuff in there id already read apart from a few things like the interviews, sure anyone can have an interview and maybe do a few but i think there should be atleast one well known guy in there you interview for his racing as iirc bean0 is more well known for his skinning than his driving (no offense meant) if you put exclusive stuff in there people will read it, theres not much in that issue to draw people back to read the next one.

If you want i can get a couple of guys i think people will want to read about and do interviews, im really sure they won't mind spending 10mins to talk about themselves and inflate their ego's
To be fair, Bean0 was a significant competitor in the STCC, which was watched by several thousand people. I think that makes him 'worthwhile', as you say. Anyway, it's good to find out more about the familiar faces who don't always get their time in the spotlight.
Stop trying to twist what i say into something negative against bean0, i have nothing against him and yes i read his interview and i enjoyed it. All im saying is as a racer its not something that would want to make me go back, hes not a big name is the racing side of LFS. If you have on the cover that there's an interview with norbi/bawbag/jonesy/zock i think far for people would be interested. Its like autosport interviewing someone that races as a hobby over lewis hamilton. Like i said theres no offense meant and i think bean0 understands im not getting at him (well i hope he does) but i think there should be atleast one big name in there everyone knows.

Another example would be interviewing a moderator and an average lfs user, which would get more views/get peoples attention?

Thats my point, don't try and twist this one.

I didn't twist your words, but thanks for being super-duper clear.
Pearcy, I think you've misunderstood.

I was interviewed based on the fact that I was an admin of the UFRC Summerslam series, there was nothing impled that I was some sort of uber-racer...I would be the first to admit that I am not.

Shit, I'm not even a skin dude really. My replicas pale into insignificance compared to the original stuff that is posted here.
Bumped for visibility.
When's the next edition coming out?
Damn you I thought there was a new magazine out.
sheesh, Jack

WHEN IT'S READY!
Sorry for bump, But Is there any ware I can see the old articles, Would love to see them :P
They are in the first post I guess.
Quote from Jonathon.provost :Sorry for bump, But Is there any ware I can see the old articles, Would love to see them :P

I'm pretty sure I still have most of those somewhere on my HDs, if not all. I will try to make re-uploads.

iCON News Magazine No. 8/09 (introducing the BnJ revival cup)
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG