The online racing simulator
McLaren MP4-12C
(92 posts, started )
Quote from Crommi :What you're describing is a racecar. Supercars need to be desirable, have something else than just high performance figures.

A racecar is purely for the track, a supercar isn't. I agree they tend to look pretty too, but it will still be designed with aerodynamics and downforce in mind.
#27 - 5haz
Quote from Crommi :they're trying to bring back the 80?

The 80s seem to have made a return in the UK, unfortunately.
I'd be happy to wear a Miami Vice-style suit, but I will never grow a mullet.

Shame it's not the 70s, because then my band might suddenly become popular
It is me, or have I seen it's twin brother before?

I didn't expect McLaren to pop out of nowhere like this. I like that car! I still agree that the F1 looks WAY better, but this looks kick ass!
Quote from hrtburnout :It is me, or have I seen it's twin brother before?

http://www.resimarsiv.com/data ... scari-kz1-orange-3_42.jpg

Lots of subtle differences but the overall shape is very similar. I suspect this sort of thing will become a more common occurence, for a mid-rear supercar, there is an optimum shape for aerodynamics while still packaging everything in neatly. I expect cars will continue to get closer to this optimum.
Last time I checked Saleen went bust though
that doesn't make me like the mclaren more though does it
Rear looks a bit odd - Other than that, I think it looks more like an Elise on steroids.

Probably going to be a beast of a car though.
I like the front and the side, but the back is very ugly. The interior is really nice too, although i think it would look better without the tacky silver plastic.

It's brave of McLaren to choose that colour for a press car.

If i had to choose between one the MP4 or an F1, then my heart would say F1, and my brain would say MP4.
Front of it looks like Ferrari F430.

McLaren really had Ferrari info I see. :rolleyes:

/runs before Mclaren fans bashed me with stones
ug-a-ly - on to the next banger, all supercars are shite lately bar lamborghinis.
#42 - 5haz
Quote from TexasLTU :Front of it looks like Ferrari F430.

McLaren really had Ferrari info I see. :rolleyes:

/runs before Mclaren fans bashed me with stones

I'll bash you with stones for insulting Ferraris, the Mclaren looks nothing like a Ferarri, its ugly!
Quote from 5haz :I'll bash you with stones for insulting Ferraris, the Mclaren looks nothing like a Ferarri, its ugly!

to be honest i'm not a lover of the direction ferrari are going in either with the new cars front end, and why cant they design the rear lights so they fit under the rear wings rather than stick out on top like the stumps left behind after a 50's cadillac's had its fins chopped off ?
#44 - JJ72
At least McLaren is more beautiful than Mercedes
Quote from TypeRacing :At least McLaren is more beautiful than Mercedes

Mmm, i was having a look at that last night, and i'm split right down the middle with it. I can't work out whether it's a magnificant piece of retro design, or just plain butt ugly ?
Quote from Mazz4200 :Mmm, i was having a look at that last night, and i'm split right down the middle with it. I can't work out whether it's a magnificant piece of retro design, or just plain butt ugly ?

This is the first time I've seen that and I'm in exactly the same place.

Bits of it remind me of the '65 Mustang and, obviously, the original 300SL. So those bits are retro. Other parts remind me of newer vert coupes like the S2000 (those front lights and the lines along the sides especially). But I can't decide if the combination is sweet or whether it's a crime against design.
The exterior is ok, don't like the exhaust outlets though.

The interior is gash. I can't stand all the metal, especially on the wheel which just looks like a nasty game controller, (like has been mentioned).
for me Ferrari looks like R8 version 2.

Quote from TypeRacing :At least McLaren is more beautiful than Mercedes

believet it or not but i prefer mercedes here, something strange and odd, different, eyecatching and something unique...not that another meanlooking sportscar what im starting to get full of by now.
Hey, now Microsoft can say their wheel resembles a real car wheel...

McLaren MP4-12C
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG