The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :wtf, it says "real feel enabled" where did you get force reversed from?

Read his post. If you press right ctrl+numpad8 it will say "Force Reversed" or something along those lines.
Quote from obsolum :Read his post. If you press right ctrl+numpad8 it will say "Force Reversed" or something along those lines.

Doens't work when I press it, it says "min-max defaults"
Anyone wanan come on Finnglish server? come race the supra
Quote from JJ72 :in the read me it is stated a realistic figure would be 26 degrees.

why the default is on 20 I don't know, maybe for non 900 degree users?

Where can I change this setting? I couldn't find it..

My compliments on this mod Niels + Some1! It both looks AND feels terrific. Not a very common combination for rFactor mods..!

But I have a slight problem: the mirrors don't work in DX7 or DX8 mode. They're just black with a little red letter "c" in the middle. Am I the only one having this problem..? Is there a known fix?
Was just on the server with some people, Then the admin changed the track that i dont have , Is anyone gonna go online tonight?
i ended up pwning everyone cause i was so slow that i didn't get involved in crashes :P
Quote from Luke.S :i ended up pwning everyone cause i was so slow that i didn't get involved in crashes :P

What by crashing into the walls and spinning around? Lol
well that was after everyone else had failed
So, anychance we could maybe get a round going tonight? o.O and maybe a track list?
Quote from Gabkicks :same as lfs. 0 centering spring 0 damping. 101% ffb. and then use the reccomended realfeel settings for the realfeel plugin. I use 900 degrees for my wheel, though and no aids. I use the same modified controller.ini settings that i used for the corvette and historix mod.

Does the corvette work properly for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMju1MwKG-Q

what mod are you using in the pics of the narrow road at night?
Quote from lukelfs :Was just on the server with some people, Then the admin changed the track that i dont have , Is anyone gonna go online tonight?

What's your name in rFactor then? Might be you were on before I joined, though.

Quote from Luke.S :i ended up pwning everyone cause i was so slow that i didn't get involved in crashes :P

And what's your name in rF?

Quote from Arsenic_Fox :So, anychance we could maybe get a round going tonight? o.O and maybe a track list?

Well, we just had a great night on the FinnglishRacing server. Quite a good turnout, too. Over 10 people at one point on Bathurst, I reckon. That was a blast. There were car parts spread all over the track after a few laps but these cars take quite a beating and everyone just kept going Here's one screenshot of dMrDeetz' car near the end of the 20 minute race Notice the windscreen and other parts flying in the background

We have these little events nearly every friday evening. It used to be HistorX night but I reckon it'll be Supra night at least for the coming weeks As for the tracks that are in the rotation, have a look here. It's quite a list, but every single one of those tracks is really well made, which is why they were chosen.
Attached images
GRAB_034.JPG
Double post, but here are some more screens. How come these screenshots look so much worse than the actual game/replay, though? When I'm watching the replay it looks stunning but these screenshots don't do this mod justice at all. Do I have to change some settings or something?

As you can see there was a bit of mayhem, but it was all in good fun, everyone took it in stride and we all just had a blast. Mind you, most of us know each other pretty well and we're on Vent laughing it off.
Attached images
GRAB_037.JPG
GRAB_042.JPG
GRAB_045.JPG
GRAB_049.JPG
GRAB_051.JPG
GRAB_052.JPG
GRAB_057.JPG
GRAB_063.JPG
Quote from obsolum :Double post, but here are some more screens. How come these screenshots look so much worse than the actual game/replay, though? When I'm watching the replay it looks stunning but these screenshots don't do this mod justice at all. Do I have to change some settings or something?

As you can see there was a bit of mayhem, but it was all in good fun, everyone took it in stride and we all just had a blast. Mind you, most of us know each other pretty well and we're on Vent laughing it off.

Well, probably cause you're trying to take a still shot of something that looks good because it's shiney... that or your AA sucks..

i'll see if i can get a good shot
Quote from obsolum :What's your name in rFactor then? Might be you were on before I joined, though.

And what's your name in rF?

Well, we just had a great night on the FinnglishRacing server. Quite a good turnout, too. Over 10 people at one point on Bathurst, I reckon. That was a blast. There were car parts spread all over the track after a few laps but these cars take quite a beating and everyone just kept going Here's one screenshot of dMrDeetz' car near the end of the 20 minute race Notice the windscreen and other parts flying in the background

We have these little events nearly every friday evening. It used to be HistorX night but I reckon it'll be Supra night at least for the coming weeks As for the tracks that are in the rotation, have a look here. It's quite a list, but every single one of those tracks is really well made, which is why they were chosen.

Mine is LukeS
Top job, really great car to drive and to look at! When i first saw the pics, i thought it's impossible to make so detailed model, but this is just another league... incredible! Also both versions are pleasure to drive, behaving as i'd expect from this car.. simply almost perfect.
Only two things that bothered me so far... first, the idle sound of engine in weaker version of the car sounds... strange. And second, but that's probably driver error.. i had few races with twin turbo machine on Monza, but the engine barely lasted for 4 laps. I thought it's over revving the engine, but maybe it's something else... i keep having trouble with that, maybe i'm too aggressive, or just too much used to LFS.

Anyway, if you excuse me now, i'm going to have few more races with this great car.
I had a 10 lapper at Monza and I sometimes thought 'oooooooh risky' on the downshifts, but it lasted. It really doesn't like overrevving during downshifts. We might make it a little less weak but be nice and it should last hours..
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
How you can kill the engine after 4 laps is beyond me. Drive it like you're supposed to and you shouldn't have any problems. It is a road car, after all. I'd like to see you drive your real car like you drive this, and see how long that lasts
Quote from obsolum :How you can kill the engine after 4 laps is beyond me. Drive it like you're supposed to and you shouldn't have any problems. It is a road car, after all. I'd like to see you drive your real car like you drive this, and see how long that lasts

I wasn't driving that aggressive (or at least i think). I'm always trying to be nice to the car, upshifting earlier and downshifting later. I think i over-revved it once or twice (8k max.), when i drove it for the first time during three laps and then it died in flames. I'm not sure, if it's deadly dozen for this kind of car, since the best car i ever drove is our family Saxo, but i guess i'll have to adapt to this. Still, i like it for the feeling and level of detail.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :I had a 10 lapper at Monza and I sometimes thought 'oooooooh risky' on the downshifts, but it lasted. It really doesn't like overrevving during downshifts. We might make it a little less weak but be nice and it should last hours..

Better than that other race with Artur and Artur2 wrecking everyone.
I actually don't recall but the engine lifetime equations are probably set so that it lasts 100.000 seconds at peak power rpm, 5800, but only 10 or 1 second at 8000rpm. All this being at 95 or 100c oil, hotter oil will reduce the life..

It should probably take more beating than a race engine which is run closer to its limits. Perhaps the server had damage x2 set?
#99 - JJ72
Quote from obsolum :How you can kill the engine after 4 laps is beyond me. Drive it like you're supposed to and you shouldn't have any problems. It is a road car, after all. I'd like to see you drive your real car like you drive this, and see how long that lasts

I tried on very early downshift in an desperate attempt to slow the car down, and it blew up on me.

One of the few mods which punishes bad driving habits!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG