The online racing simulator
Version 1 of another rfactor car you might want to try is out.
Hello,

for those who like road cars, we released the toyota supra for rFactor:
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=338005

in 220hp and 320hp form and my best attempts to use proper slip angles, load sensitivity, and real 3D suspension geometry, aero, torque curves, gear ratios and what not. We even found the ride frequencies and diff torque bias.

Of course with ~1.5hz suspensions its not a racer, plus at 1600kg its not a racer, but it should be a fairly believable road car experience that shouldn't kill you if you have some skill and a decent running rFactor, once the back goes out..

Cheers!
Niels
any changes from the beta?
Damping somewhat, nothing too major, 1% tire grip hear and there and the same minor adjustment to a few other areas such as engine inertia.
thanks Niels.......
I realy enyoed beighn a tester for it i hope there is bonnetvieuw now?

But stil the car is epic i love powersliding in it.
Tried it. Better than all rF mods I tried before, but still, it doesn't feels right.
Really nice to drive, I like it

The engine sounds are a bit odd though, it sounds like the samples aren't playing at the right pitch - as you accelerate and the high-rev sound comes in, it's at a different pitch to the low-rev sound that's being faded out.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Damping somewhat, nothing too major, 1% tire grip hear and there and the same minor adjustment to a few other areas such as engine inertia.

So the bug that I found has been resolved?
#9 - JJ72
WOohoO!!! every bit as nice as I have expected.

Sound is an improvement over the C6, and it feels more alive as well, a doodle to drift around.

But do you have a wireframe template Niels? Much easier to work with one, gonna make me a Advan Supra.
Quote from Shadowww :Tried it. Better than all rF mods I tried before, but still, it doesn't feels right.

Because you got no freaking wheel...
Quote from G!NhO :Because you got no freaking wheel...

Yes I got one (borrowed DFGT from a friend)
The mod feels superb! Very fun once you get a lot of heat in the rears.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Really nice to drive, I like it

The engine sounds are a bit odd though, it sounds like the samples aren't playing at the right pitch - as you accelerate and the high-rev sound comes in, it's at a different pitch to the low-rev sound that's being faded out.

Yup, the cars feel great for rFactor cars, good job with the physics Niels.

However, as crashgate says, the sounds are all over the place atm regarding pitch corresponding to the actual rpm's. I decided to fiddle around with the .sfx files, and made a wierd discovery. Niels, why is it that the car actually revs to 9000 rpm?? The in car rev counter displays less than what the actual rpm's are at, and therefore if I match the natural rpm's of the engine recording's to watch they should be, the car sounds like it's revving to 9000 rpm rather than 6700 rpm??
So anyway. Despite the shown rpm not matching the actual physical rpm, I've made a quick sound "fix" with slightly fudged values so it's sounds like a proper Supra revving to 6700rpm... Feel free to tell me off for fiddling with your mod Niels, if you'd rather I didn't post these.
Attached files
ToyotaSupra_Soundfix.zip - 5.4 KB - 186 views
If you're talking about the 220hp non turbo I agree, thats not good, I'd rather use the turbo 'off throttle' sound for that.

The turbo does get more bass 'off throttle' but the pitch sounds matched to me.
Quote from DaveWS :Yup, the cars feel great for rFactor cars, good job with the physics Niels.

However, as crashgate says, the sounds are all over the place atm regarding pitch corresponding to the actual rpm's. I decided to fiddle around with the .sfx files, and made a wierd discovery. Niels, why is it that the car actually revs to 9000 rpm?? The in car rev counter displays less than what the actual rpm's are at, and therefore if I match the natural rpm's of the engine recording's to watch they should be, the car sounds like it's revving to 9000 rpm rather than 6700 rpm??

It doesn't? It revs to 6700, the sounds in the SFX go up to 10.000 rpm if you downshift from 5th to 1st instead of 3rd gear, otherwise that would be silent.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :It doesn't? It revs to 6700, the sounds in the SFX go up to 10.000 rpm if you downshift from 5th to 1st instead of 3rd gear, otherwise that would be silent.

Nope, that's not what I mean. If you enable the virtual rev counter you can actually see that it is revving to 9000rpm.
Quote from DaveWS :Nope, that's not what I mean. If you enable the virtual rev counter you can actually see that it is revving to 9000rpm.

It isn't with me, neither in the Turbo or the normal version Maybe try reinstalling or something?

Niels, this car feels terrific! And it looks great, too. This is wat a road car should feel like in a sim.

Are you taking notes, LFS Devs?
Niels why did you put a vtek in the supra

I've actually found that the beta sound files are better than the version on files.

BTW that could be the next mod a Honda Integra Type-R

(I'd like a kia rio but meh)
Quote from Luke.S :
(I'd like a kia rio but meh)

I want Hayabusa-engined Smart cars
#21 - JJ72
no front wheel drive shit please.

The right thing to do is make a 993 carrera S.
Or a corvette ZR1.

Or a Lingenfelter Corvette, or one with a Kenne Bell supercharger.
Quote from DaveWS :Nope, that's not what I mean. If you enable the virtual rev counter you can actually see that it is revving to 9000rpm.

not here either.. can you double check the install? Perhaps its looking at another engine or something.. lets hope its not a bug
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :not here either.. can you double check the install? Perhaps its looking at another engine or something.. lets hope its not a bug

Ok. Basically the .wav engine sound samples included in your mod are all recorded / or edited to play at 3000 or 1500 rpm. However, if you set these rpm's in the .sfx files, the ingame engine pitch is too high, and equates to around 9000 rpm at the rev limiter. It might be an rFactor related cock up, but that's what happens. In the .sfx tweaks I posted above, I've set the natural played rpm's to 2025 and 4050 rpm to compensate for the "bug". If you try it out, both cars sound more natural, especially the GZ version, which in the original version had completely wrong rpm values causing pitch's to clash nastily on and off throttle. Both original's also had the idle rpm running half pitch ingame what it should be.
#25 - JJ72
someone should organise a track day for this........wayy too much fun to run offline.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG