The online racing simulator
Rules obeying / explanation
(4 posts, started )
#1 - majod
I'm quetly often racing on public S2 servers (FOX, TBO, GTR...) and last weeks i've noticed very bad behavior of many racers. I know, it's nothing new, during my first races in january when I've bought my S2 I had feeling that many racers are arrogant, but I got used to and after a month I lost that feeling.
It was fine until last month, when I noticed unexperienced drivers to crash too often and ruin others race, but rather then kick/ignore (let them crash others) them let me explain some basic rules which they perhaps do not know or do not want to obey.

#1 READ THE RULES
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing

BLUE FLAG
This is the very basic rule, it's noted on multiple places, even in another thread in here, but its clear that racers do not obey it.
Reasons may be:
  1. They are not sure if racer behind them is the one who they should let pass
  2. They do not know what does it mean
For the first reason, it is very easy to determine if it is the one by checking his nickname. At lower right corner of a screen there is racer list where you can quickly check (it requires a bit practice) if racer behind you is on lower or higher position in a list. If racer behind you is above your nickname, you must let him pass ( except situation that you are getting faster than car beind you, blue flag warning will disappear after a while)

On the second one - flags are explained in this thread:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2146
Quote :Blue Flag
A blue flag tells you that a car behind is in a higher position than you are. The action you will take depends on your situation. Let's examine the two likely situations where a blue flag will appear in Live For Speed.

Letting pass -> doesn't mean
IMMEDIATELY STOP, OR SLOWING DOWN IMMEDIATELY WHILE YOU ARE IN A CORNER OR OTHER WRONG PLACE.
Letting pass is best on straights where you move your car OUT OF THE RACING LINE AND THEN SLOW DOWN, wait until faster cars pass over you and then you may continue racing. You do not have to slow down to like 30kmh, which woud lead to extreme loss of time.

When you want to let them pass over you, ALWAYS leave the racing line. Also, you do not have to slow down right after showing BF on your screen, because car is still pretty far behind you, JUST BE PREPARED, if you know that there will be some chicane where you will slow them down, wait until they pass first...

Solution -> Make BLUE FLAG part of Training course program.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Phenomenon of "missing S key"
Simply - racers often "forget" to press SHIFT+S after crash.

Please keep in mind that staying as well as moving after crash on track is extremly dangerous and annonying for other racers

Reasons may be:
  1. You want to hold on for every cost no matter what to not lost the race / position
  2. It is fun to crash to other drivers and ruin their race
Everyone wants to keep his position no matter what, but there is some kind of good behavior/manners and it is very nice to be polite not just in real life (helping old women with their heavy bags ) but also during a race. When you crash among other cars, they can not pass you and will just push you forward - you are slowing the whole race down and everyone gets angry (may lead to kicking/banning you). When something similiar happens, you should quickly press SHIFT+S to leave a race.

When you crash and others are closing fast DO NOT MOVE ON A TRACK!
If you stay on your position where you crashed other cars can easier pass around you. When you start moving they can not calculate where you will be and at 99% it will lead to another crash thus your kick/ban. Always check your minimap on your screen if there are other cars approaching, if not you are free to move / get back to racing line.

Back to racing line ->After you crash / spin or somehow get out of track to grass YOU MUST NOT GET BACK TO TRACK WITHOUT LETTING OTHERS PASS! Always remember that if you get to grass you must never danger cars on track or just run among them. You are out of track you must wait until they will pass, then it is your turn. If you lost control of your car and you are just sliding on grass and you see that you will crash to someone else - press SHIFT+S.

Solution -> I don't have any
--------------------------------------------

Waving/blocking on straights
It is forbidden to block faster cars. According to LFS rules http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/R ... f_Clean_Racing#Overtaking

Quote :O-5: Leading drivers have the right to choose any line down a straight. The leading driver may make one move to block the opposing car, and one move to return to the racing line before the next corner - Unless the opposing car has overlap.

For example FIA allows this maneuver to every driver.

Faster cars will draft behind you so they gain few +kmh. On straights, you just must let him pass to any side he choose, you will keep your racing line and wait/fight. Fighting is not pushing him out of track...
-------------------------------------------------------

Do not automatically press 1!!!11!!1!1
It is very often visible that if someone starts kick/ban voting and says "kick him he is crasher!!!!!AARGH" many racers just press 1. THAT IS WRONG.
NEVER VOTE AUTOMATICALLY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THAT THE PERSON CAUSED AN ACCIDENT. (for example once I almost got kicked when I wanted to pass someone who had BLUE FLAG and blocked me....)

You can not trust anyone so vote only if you see it on your own, or the same person is getting kicked multiple times by multiple racers. This could mean that he is bad racer and more drivers are getting annoyed.
-----------------------------------------

To avoid all thes situations I would add some more training courses and force new drivers to take the most important lessons ( especially the blue flag)

-------->This article is for new/unexperienced drivers to make racing on PUBLIC SERVERS easier, I'm not telling that if you crash in 24h race you have to just shift+s out of it...<----------
thanks for reading
Well the SHIFT+S is controversial. If the server admins want to keep the races real, you should ot press it and just make yourself safe.
#3 - majod
please notice the last sentence of this article
Quote from majod :
To avoid all thes situations I would add some more training courses and force new drivers to take the most important lessons ( especially the blue flag)

Sooo how much of teh ppl did end those driving lessons

When I tried to end this training course I was trough hell with overtaking the AI drivers...
Those Sons of a...... drunk race driver didn't let me pass them they geting in my way and when I was at the corner in front of them some **** jsut hit me in the rear and i end up in the sand...
Since then i didnt try to end those lessons...

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG