The online racing simulator
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Technically the car is HOF:

2000+ votes, and the highest scoring car EVER! at 488/500! I didn't expect THAT!

o.o honestly? it's that way for a reason

1) It's beautiful. you probably only lost 12 points because some loser didn't like the fact that you didn't add NOS or something...

2) It drives PERFECTLY

3) Damage is a bit off in places... like i noticed that when you break a door off you can see through the car a little. (towards the front. I can see my tire through the chasis after breaking a door off) but it damages BEAUTIFULLY.

4) just... EPIC. o.o now if we raced these with fixed setups... that would be the greatest racing EVER. *cause i dont know how much customization we get without fixed sets XD*
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :
4) just... EPIC. o.o now if we raced these with fixed setups... that would be the greatest racing EVER. *cause i dont know how much customization we get without fixed sets XD*

There isn't an awful lot you can do with the setup. Just wheel camber and steering lock I think. Everything else is fixed iirc
Quote from Gills4life :There isn't an awful lot you can do with the setup. Just wheel camber and steering lock I think. Everything else is fixed iirc

And you can adjust the rear ARB a tiny bit. Now this is what the setup options on the road cars in LFS should be like
Quote from obsolum :And you can adjust the rear ARB a tiny bit. Now this is what the setup options on the road cars in LFS should be like

amen to zat *noticing your sig*

I'm going to be laughing all night because of that.. it's so true XD
Quote from ajp71 :I can't get version 1 to work on either my normal install (that had the beta on it) or my 'clean' install used for Historic GT. It just seems to give an error message as soon as I try and load it (though I can't read it) any ideas?

It should work from a clean install. If you experience your issues, run rfactor in a window and ' ok' all the error messages. I doubt they still happen with a clean install of 1.0 but if they do, it should only happen one time, when you first select the Toyota mod 'race series'..
Very good job, the car is awesome to drive and looks fantastic. But I can't seem to get RealFeel working properly. I am remembering to activate the config file, and selecting the realfeel upgrade, but still when I go over around 30km/h the wheel will pull away from the centre, as if its doing the opposite of what it should be. I've tried putting the feedback percentage into the minus and plus values but that doesn't seem to help
Quote from Dannz :Very good job, the car is awesome to drive and looks fantastic. But I can't seem to get RealFeel working properly. I am remembering to activate the config file, and selecting the realfeel upgrade, but still when I go over around 30km/h the wheel will pull away from the centre, as if its doing the opposite of what it should be. I've tried putting the feedback percentage into the minus and plus values but that doesn't seem to help

I had the same problem. Try pressing right ctrl+numpad8 when you're in the car. That fixed it for me. Your FFB strength in the options menu should be at -100% and the effects at "Low".
After you run the supra the first time, there will be an entry in the realfeelplugin.ini file and then you enter the values you can see in the realfeel 'car upgrade' :

[Supra MKIV]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-4000.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=0

I can't really see that going all too wrong
Niels - on the turbo thing, is the Supra modelled in a way that the turbo is at peak pressure all the time/no lag etc? As I noticed in the readme you chose not to add a massive spike in the torque at a certain RPM?
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :After you run the supra the first time, there will be an entry in the realfeelplugin.ini file and then you enter the values you can see in the realfeel 'car upgrade' :

[Supra MKIV]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-4000.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=0

I can't really see that going all too wrong

Where does that .ini file go, exactly? Because all I did was copy the RealFeel.dll in the Plugins folder from my HistorX installation over to the new (clean) installation. That works for me, but now I haven't got an .ini file anywhere RealFeel is working perfectly, though, so I guess that's all that matters.
Quote from TiJay :Niels - on the turbo thing, is the Supra modelled in a way that the turbo is at peak pressure all the time/no lag etc? As I noticed in the readme you chose not to add a massive spike in the torque at a certain RPM?

You feel the turbo kick in at about 4500-5000rpm
Quote from obsolum :Where does that .ini file go, exactly? Because all I did was copy the RealFeel.dll in the Plugins folder from my HistorX installation over to the new (clean) installation. That works for me, but now I haven't got an .ini file anywhere RealFeel is working perfectly, though, so I guess that's all that matters.

The reelfeelplugin.ini is in the root rFactor folder.
Quote from TiJay :Niels - on the turbo thing, is the Supra modelled in a way that the turbo is at peak pressure all the time/no lag etc? As I noticed in the readme you chose not to add a massive spike in the torque at a certain RPM?

Yes, imo you can't simulate turbo just by having a 'step' in the torque curve. This is the curve, see attachment; its only a little lower in torque at low revs than the real engine is on boost, but fairly close to the real one.

Edit, that curve has 9% losses subtracted already.
Attached images
twinturbotorque.png
Havent downloaded it yet, Will defiently try it :P, I remember this car in Racer.nl, Gotta reinstall rFactor, Can someone show me the best cars and tracks, or which are most used online? Thank you
Would rFactor's Central MOTY 2008 files be the best to download??
Quote from BlueFlame :You feel the turbo kick in at about 4500-5000rpm

as you can see from the torque curve, you can't feel that at all, but perhaps the sounds change to a more dramatic tone, its easy to be fooled in a sim without G forces acting on yo butt..
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld : as you can see from the torque curve, you can't feel that at all, but perhaps the sounds change to a more dramatic tone, its easy to be fooled in a sim without G forces acting on yo butt..

Well looking at that graph just adds to my original beliefs. It's not turbo LAG it's turbo SURGE. It just peaks up nicely, you can definately feel it's a turbo car, without the sounds, that's what makes it a good mod, don't be too modest now Niels
Thanks Niels, I hadn't driven the Turbo so didn't know what to expect, I'll give it a go now
Just tried it out, Very detailed car, but i dont really like the FFB, I have realfeel plugin, but the car pulls side to side and it feels wierd to drive.. Anyone help me out? Im using 720, Could someone tell mee what ffb settings to use in Profiler?
same as lfs. 0 centering spring 0 damping. 101% ffb. and then use the reccomended realfeel settings for the realfeel plugin. I use 900 degrees for my wheel, though and no aids. I use the same modified controller.ini settings that i used for the corvette and historix mod.

Does the corvette work properly for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMju1MwKG-Q

Quote from Gabkicks :same as lfs. 0 centering spring 0 damping. 101% ffb. and then use the reccomended realfeel settings for the realfeel plugin. I use 900 degrees for my wheel, though and no aids. I use the same modified controller.ini settings that i used for the corvette and historix mod.

Does the corvette work properly for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMju1MwKG-Q

Hey, Thank you, nice pics, and video! Trying ur settings now
Quote from lukelfs :Just tried it out, Very detailed car, but i dont really like the FFB, I have realfeel plugin, but the car pulls side to side and it feels wierd to drive.. Anyone help me out? Im using 720, Could someone tell mee what ffb settings to use in Profiler?

If you mean that the steering wheel just pulls to one side or the other for no apparent reason, then you might want to try pressing right ctrl+numpad8.

Quote from obsolum :I had the same problem. Try pressing right ctrl+numpad8 when you're in the car. That fixed it for me. Your FFB strength in the options menu should be at -100% and the effects at "Low".

It would help if people read a thread

My settings in the profiler: 100% strength, 10% centering and 10% damper. Those were the settings that were recommended in the HistorX manual and I just stuck with those. Feels very good to me.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :It should work from a clean install. If you experience your issues, run rfactor in a window and ' ok' all the error messages. I doubt they still happen with a clean install of 1.0 but if they do, it should only happen one time, when you first select the Toyota mod 'race series'..

With a fresh install and running windowed I get this error message, clicking 'OK' just CTDs.
Attached images
supra.jpg
Quote from obsolum :If you mean that the steering wheel just pulls to one side or the other for no apparent reason, then you might want to try pressing right ctrl+numpad8.

It would help if people read a thread

My settings in the profiler: 100% strength, 10% centering and 10% damper. Those were the settings that were recommended in the HistorX manual and I just stuck with those. Feels very good to me.

yeah, sometimes theffb is reversed. ctrl+8 fixes it if you have realfeel voice enabled, you should hear a voice say "force reversed" or something like that.
Quote from Gabkicks :if you have realfeel voice enabled, you should hear a voice say "force reversed" or something like that.

wtf, it says "real feel enabled" where did you get force reversed from?
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah, sometimes theffb is reversed. ctrl+8 fixes it if you have realfeel voice enabled, you should hear a voice say "force reversed" or something like that.

I tried that but it didnt change anything, but it did say something, I changed the force ingame to 50% ish, Works much nicer now

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG