The online racing simulator
My Gaming Rig XD
(20 posts, started )
My Gaming Rig XD
Hey guys, Just wanted to share what i have right now to play LFS on.

-Raidmax aztec Mid Tower Case
-730watt Raidmax PS
-Gigabyte Motherboard (Crossfire Ready)
-E8400 3.0ghz Overclocked to 4.05ghz
-8gb of DDR2 1066 ram.
-640gb Storage Drive
-250gb Backup Drive.
-Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+ Overclocked Maxed (Anymore will make my pixels go crazy LOL)

I was going to run two 9800gtx+'s but i thought the motherboard said SLI ready also, but it didn't and i got it with Crossfire not SLI, So i went and sold the other 9800gtx+. But i might later on get two ATI Radion IceQ4 or something like that, and run them Crossfire.

And i think thats about it, Hope you like
Thanks, Cody.
Pictures XD My wheel is broke, so that sucks :bump:
Attached images
5456_252011495412_517880412_8317286_2322908_n.jpg
5456_252011480412_517880412_8317284_5704726_n.jpg
5456_252011490412_517880412_8317285_6986984_n.jpg
Lmao, there are some stuff you have been wasting money on ... PSU and 8gb of ram wich is very very very pointless

My 500w can feed E8200 +a bit of overclocking and a 48701gb +clocked and bunch of more stuff.

About ram, 1066mhz ... 4gb and you will play any game on max with no fps changes. Even for GTA IV, 2 gb is more than enough (me using vista lol)
and i spent 750 bucks on this.. i don't think it was a waste of money.. good deal
Quote from Backtrack3d :and i spent 750 bucks on this.. i don't think it was a waste of money.. good deal

Well, i think

8gb is a little too much. And also i think that u got ur all channels filled up with ram sticks. The less slots filled = better overclock. But in other hand, more is always better and whats most important is that ur satisfied with it.
Quote from hazaky :Well, i think

8gb is a little too much. And also i think that u got ur all channels filled up with ram sticks. The less slots filled = better overclock. But in other hand, more is always better and whats most important is that ur satisfied with it.

Gimma some data to support that theory cause that is utter bollocks, there should be no difference in overclock if you have 2/4/6/8 gigs of ram.
Quote from rc10racer :Gimma some data to support that theory cause that is utter bollocks, there should be no difference in overclock if you have 2/4/6/8 gigs of ram.

Read my last post again please ...

Slots matter how good (stable) the overclock is. The more slots are filled, the longer circuit it has to make. Cant go more detailed because i cant just remember some words. I dont even mean what "utter bollocs" mean lol.
Sorry but that doesnt make sense. If you're addressing 4GB or whatever amount, the length of the address to decode is gonna be the same, which means it takes the same amount of ms to get to the first byte or the last.
there have been instances where a 4x2GB system is slower than a 2x2GB system, mainly due to the chipsets/memory controllers not being able to run more sticks of ram with the same tight timings.

the performance difference in fps is nearly neglicible though, something like 1-2%
Quote from BurnOut69 :Sorry but that doesnt make sense. If you're addressing 4GB or whatever amount, the length of the address to decode is gonna be the same, which means it takes the same amount of ms to get to the first byte or the last.

Wrong

Quote from george_tsiros :there have been instances where a 4x2GB system is slower than a 2x2GB system, mainly due to the chipsets/memory controllers not being able to run more sticks of ram with the same tight timings.

the performance difference in fps is nearly neglicible though, something like 1-2%

Nobody has told that 4gb can be faster than 8gb. Of course it can, there are many factors what give different perfomance results. latency's, fsb, clock and much more.

Both of u, go read wikipedia or something.
it is more than obvious that when comparing two things and talking about a specific parameter (in this instance amount of sticks of ram) it is implied that we keep the other parameters the same.

in this case, the number of sticks of ram changes, but everything else stays the same.

two sticks of ram in tight timings may be faster than four of the same sticks of ram if the chipset/mc can't run four sticks of ram at the same timings as the two sticks of ram.

is that clear now or do you still think i need schooling from a guy 12 years younger?
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69 : stupid discussion
my system is very similar, except i have 2x2 ggis ddr2 instead of 2x4 and a 4850. I doobut the other 2 sitcks are helping your gaming at all unless you are playing at super high resolution w/ something really intensive.

I'm planning on buying a 5870 eventually...

Is that a xiggy or a TRU in your case? or something else
from 2 to 4GB, very few games have any significant fps gain (crysis, ~7%).
from 4 to 8, even less.
Quote from hazaky :Well, i think

8GB won't be too much once bigger and better games hit stores
and DAMN you got that for 750$? where??
Quote from rc10racer :Gimma some data to support that theory cause that is utter bollocks, there should be no difference in overclock if you have 2/4/6/8 gigs of ram.

Talking about utter 'bollocks'. I can be running some crappy Pentium 4 on a quality X48 board, or whatever, and run 8GBs of ram. However, I can run an E8400 and 2GBs of ram, and that would make a whole beetch of a difference. Are you trying to tell us that a high quantity of memory can make up for the bottlenecks caused by the CPU? If that is the case, case - closed. There is no point of having 32GBs of ram in a 486 based CPU, if it can't even be addressed

In fact, I saw a really high PCM2006 Score with an ultra high clocked E8400, 2 4870x2 and 2gbs of ram!

8GBs of RAM doesn't cost that much, provided that your motherboard has 4 so-dimms. 2GB RAM Modules come cheap, depending on what you are buying. I can easily get 2x2GBs of Ram for $40, so you can easily get away for $80!
Quote from GenesisX : Are you trying to tell us that a high quantity of memory can make up for the bottlenecks caused by the CPU? If that is the case, case - closed.

No i was trying to say there should be no difference in overclock if you have 2gig or 8gig.
I got most my stuff from newegg, but some of the stuff like graphics, ram, and case i basically got for free, because i work at a computer store, and i get amazing discounts but can only get so much of a discount, so i got what i could and bought the rest from newegg. I dunno really what everyone is ranting about.. I just wanted 8gb.. is there a problem with that? Why not go ahead and get 8gb and not have to worry about not being able to play a game the needs a fast rig. ( Sorry if Some of my stuff isn't making much since, A bit drunk) I can play crysis no lag, or problems at all, all on high settings, or i think at least.. (Don't play much crysis, didn't really get into it) but I did over clocking on my old computer with 4gb and didn't notice a difference in overclocking with 8gb... it works great.. i haven't had any problems with overclocking, and it improves my rig by alot.
There is nothing wrong with 8gb of ram and a powerfull power supply, people are just being (what's the word), ah yes, cocks
Personally, I wouldn't run SLI or Crossfire on that PSU. It's not something you should be cheap about, bad quality unit can take out whole system if it breaks down. If it has blue led fans, stay away from it.

My Gaming Rig XD
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG