The online racing simulator
LFS and E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo)
For the simracers... Its the biggest game expo in the world (Gamers know that :razz

When we will see LFS on this Expo? Or was it a bad idea from me? Good promotion from the press and the biggest game publisher will be suprised by a game which is made by three people and not millions of budget...

www.e3expo.com
#2 - axus
Would be nice to see LFS there.
i doubt the "press budget" is big enough
The only familiar group I could see in the list 10tacle for GTR. They have a new game coming out (GTR2), so it is obvious they would be there... since the expo is usually for new and unreleased games.
Maybe LFS is there when S3 is about to come out.
I'd like for that to happen. And since it is in Los Angeles, a trip to LA isnt far for me. Would be nice if I could try and help the devs display it Maybe a few Force Dynamics simulators, and stuff... rock on
#7 - JJ72
We need to setup a banner saying:

"THIS AIN'T GO NEED FOR SPEED AND WE GOT NO NOS AND NO NEON"
Hopefully this banner will include better english?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
It's more likely they will be blown away by GTR 2 in the 301.
what do the Devs have to say about this??? =]

Anyway, I dont believe LFS is "pop" enough to be at E3, which is quite good
It's not a question if LFS is "pop" enough to be at the E3. It's just a question of the marketing budget. Companys like Simbin/EA spend huge amounts of money for marketing and can afford to buy a 301. The LFS devs on the opposite concentrate on the core development of the game which is the right decision for a team of only 3 people.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from JJ72 :We need to setup a banner saying:

WOA another bloody freak that thinks that there is a difference between a sim and a game. (IMHO THEYRE the same thing)
yeah steve your right man they need to let up on this "it's more than a game" thing becus it's not more than a game. but it is the damn best racer i've ever played
Quote from DownShift :yeah steve your right man they need to let up on this "it's more than a game" thing becus it's not more than a game. but it is the damn best racer i've ever played

I agree with you 100%. This is the best ive played and i have been playing LFS with almow#st 2 years. Any other game i have ever played i usualy get bored of it after a week or 2 but not LFS.
#15 - JJ72
Quote from steve30x :WOA another bloody freak that thinks that there is a difference between a sim and a game. (IMHO THEYRE the same thing)

How is this relevant to sim/game generalization.
Originally Posted by JJ72

This says to me that you make a reference to Need For Speed which is an arcade game. So theres your reference.
So are you saying NFS and LFS are somehow on equal ground?
Im not saying that. Im saying that both are GAMES.
But one is a game pre and simple, and the other is a simulation game
#20 - shim
but NFS and LFS are on equal ground..

LFS top SIM..

NFS top ARCADE..

both are at the top of their respected lists.. :P
that is very true tristan.
#22 - JJ72
Quote from steve30x :Originally Posted by JJ72

This says to me that you make a reference to Need For Speed which is an arcade game. So theres your reference.

I am just making a joke on the similarity of their names and the fact that commerical games like NFS is hugely popular in game shows like E3.

Funny it's you who say there's nothing as "simulation" or "Arcade" but now you say I "make a reference to Need For Speed which is an arcade game". So if yourself doesn't bear that reference how come you will see such reference? I don't think verbally I have hinted anything about "arcade".
Now you are making absolutely no sense. I never said you made NFS as a reference to an arcade game. I said that NFS is an arcade GAME. I am pointing out that theyre all GAMES which are PLAYED ON A COMPUTER.
LFS is a good game with realistic physics, NFS is a bad game with arcade physics. Easy as that

btw, "Arcade" games are another story
#25 - JJ72
I am totally lost, I never object that LFS and NFS are both games that are played on computers.

you point being?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG