The online racing simulator
Post your scary moments thread!!
(139 posts, started )
being sat at the end of the straight against the armco at mildenhall stadium with a broken driveshaft, therefore being a sitting target was a little scary, but then again, i was in a banger so it was kinda to be expected really.

Luckily the car that got me was fairly well damaged anyway, so wasnt going that fast, i still felt it though!

This was the end result.
Attached images
fiesta.jpg
Quote from danthebangerboy :being sat at the end of the straight against the armco at mildenhall stadium with a broken driveshaft, therefore being a sitting target was a little scary, but then again, i was in a banger so it was kinda to be expected really.

Luckily the car that got me was fairly well damaged anyway, so wasnt going that fast, i still felt it though!

This was the end result.

i thought banger rules specified that if your out you cant get hit?
If you are still in your car then you are fair game, unless you are facing the traffic with the drivers side of the car,

However, the owner and banger promotion, RDC, have implimented two new rules at the mildenhall venue, which are..

Quote :
T-Boning cars against or near the Armco.

This practise is one which while rarely seen at RDC is becoming more and more apparant at meetings around the country and one which is of great concern to RDC as we see this as a particularly dangerous move which could cause serious injury.

Therefore with immediate effect T-boning cars which are against or close to the Armco with excessive force is outlawed. Please note that you can still hit cars position against the Armco over the front or rear wheel and hits on the passenger doors at reasonable speeds are unlikely to be met with penalty.

What we are looking to stamp out are the hits where we believe the attacker's intention is to disable the driver rather than the car and therefore we will penalise offenders who we believe have carried out a potentially dangerous hit.

Stationary car hits.

This new rule is actually born out of an increasing problem of drivers exiting their cars at dangerous times placing both themselves and fellow drivers in potentially dangerous situations.

However we understand that this is perhaps a knock on effect of the existing stationary car rule where is a driver is still in their car they are effectively 'game on' to be the victim of a stationary car attack. Therefore we have decided to change this rule.

We had considered stressing that if you have passed a stationary car once it subsequently becomes 'out of bounds' and you should not 'blow it up' the next time round. However we understand that this is a little difficult at Mildenhall where while the track is quite small it is still very fast and drivers probably lap in around 15 seconds.

Therefore at Mildenhall if you have passed a stationary car twice it is then 'out of bounds' while at Dover if you pass a stationary car once it becomes 'out of bounds'.

In the meantime while we are introducing this rule we now expect to see less drivers taking unnecessary risks when exiting their cars and unless you are in immediate danger you should always wait for a marshal who will get to you as soon as possible. Remember that nine times out 10 the safest place is in your car.

Therefore now we have introduced the new rule regarding stationary car hits we will also act against drivers who exit their cars in dangerous situations and place either themselves or other drivers at risk.

I think both of these rules are a good idea as they will make it a bit safer, eventhough it is still a dangerous sport.
I dont really have many scary moments that are worth posting here, but i do have a couple.

1. When i was about 9 years old, i was riding back from school on my pushbike. Just before you came upto the house, theres a main road in a tight U shape. about 100M before you came to the bend, there was an alleyway which cut through this U, cutting a substantial ammount off the distance. So, the same as everyday, i went down that alleyway (its downhill on the way back home) and was flying down it. For some reason, my brain decided to be a twat, and i forgot i had no brakes (hey, i was 9. I did'nt look after things back then! ^^). I tryed to put my feet down to stop, but to no avail. So, i had no choice but to brace myself for impact. I flew out of this alleyway, onto the main road and missed a huge truck by an inch, and then a car. In shock, i then plowed into a street sign which sent my flying off and onto some grass. Luckily, i came away without a scratch. Cant say the same for the bike.

2. About 3 years ago, i was with my uncle at a CTR meet at "Torque of the devil". Me and him were both enjoying ourselves looking at other peoples CTR's and stuff. We then decided to watch some people do some dyno runs. After watching a couple of runs, another CTR came on. He's well known for running a a big power turbo setup. Anywho, as the car was taking its run, the operator put it in final gear and built the power up. Just as the turbo got into full boost, the car swung off to the right...i happened to be stood to the right with my uncle and a couple other guys. Everything seemed to be in slowmotion, and i saw this CTR heading for me. I thought "oh ****" and froze. The operator managed to stop the CTR with the corner of the front bumper in between my legs. Funny thing was, i actually said to my uncle how silly it was of them not to strap the cars down, yet i was stupid enough to stand in one of the areas the car was likely to go. :dunce:
Quote from 5haz :Another scary moment for me was being woken up in the middle of the night choking on my own vomit, I was alright after a few secs, the carpet wasn't.

lol

Quote from danthebangerboy :being sat at the end of the straight against the armco at mildenhall stadium with a broken driveshaft, therefore being a sitting target was a little scary, but then again, i was in a banger so it was kinda to be expected really.

This was the end result.

holy crap

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I dont really have many scary moments that are worth posting here, but i do have a couple.

1. When i was about 9 years old, i was riding back from school on my pushbike. Just before you came upto the house, theres a main road in a tight U shape. about 100M before you came to the bend, there was an alleyway which cut through this U, cutting a substantial ammount off the distance. So, the same as everyday, i went down that alleyway (its downhill on the way back home) and was flying down it. For some reason, my brain decided to be a twat, and i forgot i had no brakes (hey, i was 9. I did'nt look after things back then! ^^). I tryed to put my feet down to stop, but to no avail. So, i had no choice but to brace myself for impact. I flew out of this alleyway, onto the main road and missed a huge truck by an inch, and then a car. In shock, i then plowed into a street sign which sent my flying off and onto some grass. Luckily, i came away without a scratch. Cant say the same for the bike.

2. About 3 years ago, i was with my uncle at a CTR meet at "Torque of the devil". Me and him were both enjoying ourselves looking at other peoples CTR's and stuff. We then decided to watch some people do some dyno runs. After watching a couple of runs, another CTR came on. He's well known for running a a big power turbo setup. Anywho, as the car was taking its run, the operator put it in final gear and built the power up. Just as the turbo got into full boost, the car swung off to the right...i happened to be stood to the right with my uncle and a couple other guys. Everything seemed to be in slowmotion, and i saw this CTR heading for me. I thought "oh ****" and froze. The operator managed to stop the CTR with the corner of the front bumper in between my legs. Funny thing was, i actually said to my uncle how silly it was of them not to strap the cars down, yet i was stupid enough to stand in one of the areas the car was likely to go. :dunce:

u r lucky
Quote from logitekg25 :

holy crap

You think thats bad, look at these 4 vids, these are proper wrecks, and every one of these drivers walked away without so much as a scratch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo4T3iOfHQo&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Nvo5QEC30&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-6ekSb__E4&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R05bd4wYNOo&fmt=18

Banger racing looks bad, and can be, very occasionally, but these cars are built tough to maintain their strength and integrity in the drivers compartment, so although they look fairly scary to look at, they arent as bad as they look at first glance. There is the odd freak incident, but it is very rare really.
Quote from danthebangerboy :You think thats bad, look at these 4 vids, these are proper wrecks, and every one of these drivers walked away without so much as a scratch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo4T3iOfHQo&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Nvo5QEC30&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-6ekSb__E4&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R05bd4wYNOo&fmt=18

Banger racing looks bad, and can be, very occasionally, but these cars are built tough to maintain their strength and integrity in the drivers compartment, so although they look fairly scary to look at, they arent as bad as they look at first glance. There is the odd freak incident, but it is very rare really.

what exactly is 'banger racing', is it a race, or is it demolition, or is it a race that you can kill other cars so you can win easier
Bump for this.

Today, i was driving my dads fail of a car that is a citroen xantia 1.9d that has that stupid hydro spastic suspension that is getting a little worn now, and the severe lurching, leaning and pogo stick style bouncy effect while driving around bumpy corners is not good!

Plus the worst bit is that the stupid pedals are so close together that only the feet of an 11 year old girl can fit them properly in comparison to my rover, which i found out at my near peril coming upto a roundabout earlier.

As i went to brake when approaching it, it barely slowed down, so i tried again, but this time it didnt slow down at all, but just revved a bit, from then onwards all i could do was tread on my own feet and rev the tits off the bloody thing while venturing onto the luckily empty roundabout with about 2% brake pressure applied, bloody car!
Quote from danthebangerboy :Bump for this.

Today, i was driving my dads fail of a car that is a citroen xantia 1.9d that has that stupid hydro spastic suspension that is getting a little worn now, and the severe lurching, leaning and pogo stick style bouncy effect while driving around bumpy corners is not good!

Plus the worst bit is that the stupid pedals are so close together that only the feet of an 11 year old girl can fit them properly in comparison to my rover, which i found out at my near peril coming upto a roundabout earlier.

As i went to brake when approaching it, it barely slowed down, so i tried again, but this time it didnt slow down at all, but just revved a bit, from then onwards all i could do was tread on my own feet and rev the tits off the bloody thing while venturing onto the luckily empty roundabout with about 2% brake pressure applied, bloody car!

Had kind of a similar peril in a Porsche 944, ended up trailbraking with the back end out on a really crispy cold frosty day, lookily there was no traffic other than someone behind, must of looked pretty cool from their perspective as I just backed the car into the lefthander coming onto the roundabout but in no way did I intend to do that! Just kinda slid the car whilst countersteering right into the inside lane of the roundabout LOL
The weekend before last we rehearsed at our guitarist's massive house in the middle of nowhere. On the way back I was driving down the narrow roads (marked as 2 lanes but barely wide enough for 2 cars) with a combination of high hedges and raised verges at either side of the road, so no visibility to allow you to cut the corners.

I reached one and discovered it was way sharper than it looked as I approached. Turns out it was about a right angle and from up the road only looked a gentle 30 or maybe 45 at the most. The first time I've heard my tyres actually screaming. I really thought we were going to end up facing the other way, or upside down.

In hindsight I reckon it was actually a perfect piece of cornering, since if I'd braked any harder I'd likely have understeered into the outside verge, at least crumpled the front end or at worst spun and crumpled both ends. Won't be trying it again though. Track squealing tyres = good. Narrow country road squealing tyres = bad.

The only thing that stopped me panicking at the time, and the first thing I said to our bassist when he said "woah" as we went round, was Bob Smith's signature - "a squealing tyre is a happy tyre"
About 6 years ago, driving over the Pennines (range of not-quite-big-enough-to-be-mountains-but-still-very-steep-and-craggy hills in northern Britain for those from overseas) from Manchester to Sheffield in the passenger seat of my mate's old Vauxhall Belmont (with him driving), in December, at about 11pm. Going round a very shallow corner at about 30-40mph, we hit some ice and the car just went straight on, off the road and down a grass slope, still doing the same speed through the dark over the field for about 100m until we met a fence at about 30 degrees to the car's direction, which caught the car, turned it slightly and we scraped down the fence before coming to a rest.

We both sat there for a minute in silence, then got out and had a look. The car wouldn't start, but wan't in too bad a shape externally (afterwards we found out we'd hit some rocks on our jaunt over the field and knocked the bottom off the engine). We called the police, then his dad and followed the tyre-tracks we'd made in the field back up to the road and waited for the authorities, and our lift home.

We went back in the morning the next day to have a look at the car and were absolutely *horrified* to find that the fence we'd hit was just thin wire held up with wooden stakes, on the other side of which was an almost sheer drop of about 50m onto rocks. The realisation of that was far scarier than the crash itself, I was almost sick.
Today I was driving to lochaline to pick up yon Alasdair MacCrone (Banister on LFS) because he's turning into a big boy and needed help to move into his new uni flat in Edinburgh.

Anyway, there's about 20 miles of road from lochaline which is single track and it's pretty hilly, coming down the hill I was just rolling down, boot full, rear seats full, just cruising along having a chat when.... I big lorry comes around the corner in the distance, so I start braking slowly for the passing place, not much happens, so I brake heavier, not much else happens, when eventually the brakes just die completely, hand brake had to be deployed to bring us to a safe stop. It's safe to say those shitty rover brakes arn't worth a swift kick in the balls when it comes to over heating easily.
hence the reason why i took the solid discs off mine and threw them in the bin, and then fitted an MG ZR vented setup instead, much better!
Well mine is the ZR so i'd hate to try the damn 214.....
I have had an ear infection over the last few days..

Now, im not sure if many people on here have or have not had one before and are familiar with exactly what this is like, but your ears pretty much control things like balance, so if you happen to get an ear infection then everything to do with walking around and mobility in general pretty much goes tits up..

It is very scary when you go to stand up and immediatly lurch over like you are doing some kind of retarded sideways roll accross the floor, and suddenly feel as if you have just been dropped out of an aeroplane rushing toward earth at a ridiculous amount of MPH combined with the very realistic illusion that i am spinning like the back wheel of an F1 car on sheet ice, but all the time i know that i am simply sat on my floor by the couch.

A truly f--ked up feeling, NOT nice!
This thread makes my life look tame and drab.

I dropped open scissors once. I looked down and I saw them sticking out of my foot. I didn't feel anything, and I saw no blood, so I started trying to move my toes. They all worked, so I pulled the scissor out. It had landed inbetween my toes and stuck in the floor.

That was when I was just a little kid.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I have had an ear infection over the last few days..

Now, im not sure if many people on here have or have not had one before and are familiar with exactly what this is like, but your ears pretty much control things like balance, so if you happen to get an ear infection then everything to do with walking around and mobility in general pretty much goes tits up..

It is very scary when you go to stand up and immediatly lurch over like you are doing some kind of retarded sideways roll accross the floor, and suddenly feel as if you have just been dropped out of an aeroplane rushing toward earth at a ridiculous amount of MPH combined with the very realistic illusion that i am spinning like the back wheel of an F1 car on sheet ice, but all the time i know that i am simply sat on my floor by the couch.

A truly f--ked up feeling, NOT nice!

Away ya go ya big Jessie, I have an ear infection almost every 6/7 months (have done ever since I was a kid) and while it does make you walk like you have tanked 22 shots of Mr Jack Daniels special blend, take this as a good time to see what it would be like to walk after 44 shots, by taking 22 shots while suffering from said ear infection. :drink:

Got a couple of scary moments, the most scariest was when I worked in the local Co-op at night and while being alone at the tills I was setting up the shop for 'closedown', when 2 local 'fuds' decided to hold up the Co-op.

I had just finished putting the the grids on the windows outside and went in to get the padlocks when one of them followed me in and raised the bottle of 'Buckie' he was swigging from high above his head, ready to hit me unless I opened the till. Well as I hit the sign off button that opens the till, he gets distracted by the cash (of which there was no more that £100 in notes) I grabbed the bottle...only to find it was only half empty (optimistic guy maybe) and was now drenched in tonic wine. During this somewhere along the line I had tripped what I thought was the silent alarm....it wasn't (gee thanks Boss) and he got agitated and as he left he tried to swing for me, I had ducked that punch but when I tried to return the compliment I slipped on the spilt Buckie and he was out of the door. I wanted to give chase but by the time I had regained my footing the supervisor was at front of shop and had locked the store. Caught them the same night as well.
Quote from MadCat360 :This thread makes my life look tame and drab.

I dropped open scissors once. I looked down and I saw them sticking out of my foot. I didn't feel anything, and I saw no blood, so I started trying to move my toes. They all worked, so I pulled the scissor out. It had landed inbetween my toes and stuck in the floor.

Lucky one.

Not so scary, but quite fresh...

I'm living now in a city 50km away from my home, because of school. I've found a room with few more people, but because their school begins 3 weeks after mine, i am living alone there for now.
Yesterday, when i realized, we have free day today, i went "home" to pack my stuff and go to my real home. I came to the door, put a key in the keyhole and tried to unlock the door. But i couldn't move it. First i thought "Shit, i forgot to lock it..". So i tried it few more times, just in case, but then suddenly the door opened. I jumped two meters back, shocked, who the hell is there... It was my roommate coming early for an exams.
Quote from MadCat360 :

I did exactly this with a garden fork when I was about 5. I was messing about stabbing it into the ground when I accidentally stabbed it right through my shoe, pinning my foot to the ground - with massive luck the spike happened to go right between my toes.
Had a fight with my brother, found a fork to attack him with, since I was holding his leg with my right hand, and my left hand is woefully inaccurate, with the intention of stabbing HIM in the LEG I ended up stabbing my own hand with the fork.
Genuine LOL
the lightbulb in the bathroom just exploded when I turned it on.....
Exploded? What kind of bulb was it?

I thought incandescent bulbs only exploded in movies. Not sure I've ever heard of a fluorescent exploding at all.
My kitchen one exploded a few months ago, scared the crap out of me.

Post your scary moments thread!!
(139 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG