The online racing simulator
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Donations can contribute to loads of things. An expensive thing is the option of a high quality MultiBC broadcast...

Or how about "Pay-per-view" per race, per month, per season and have the viewers pay for watching it live or as an on-demand afterwards rather then wait for the actors to donate. Just an idea..
Quote from R.Kolz :Or how about "Pay-per-view" per race, per month, per season and have the viewers pay for watching it live or as an on-demand afterwards rather then wait for the actors to donate. Just an idea..

I don't think NDRs broadcast are that good as of yet.
Quote from pacesetter :I don't think NDRs broadcast are that good as of yet.

Well, it depends on their terms: 2 bucks per race but 50 cents back on every of Wilko´s disconnects and I go for it..
You'd end up a good $50 in profit
Quote from R.Kolz :Well, it depends on their terms: 2 bucks per race but 50 cents back on every of Wilko´s disconnects and I go for it..

I think the idea with charging was that we GAINED money

EDIT: Damn you.
Quote from R.Kolz :Well, it depends on their terms: 2 bucks per race but 50 cents back on every of Wilko´s disconnects and I go for it..

We would like to have some sort of positive sum and not be having to give money back.

And to be honest, I don't think it's quite yet possible to charge for viewing. The only way to get money off of broadcasts at the moment, as I see it, is to get sponsors to pay us for name-dropping and adverts. And then post-event media sales are where it's at that way.

At least on my view.

d
Oh boys, very brave idea.
I understand your effort and costs for running NDR events, but I think that if something is OPTIONAL it`s doomed. On the other hand, many of LFS racers are unemployed/students and it was hard for them to pay for S1/S2. Do you really think they would "donate" to participate?
I think it would be better if you try some kind of sponsorship first, and if that fails, you can ask for donation. I`m sure that there is someone that could help you host the servers, vent....
Another solution is cutting the costs, maybe organize less leagues.
One more thing, offer some kind of partnership to ones interested in organizing LFS events, share costs, have less work,....

Your events are very well organized, I enjoy participating (when my connection works ), so if "donating" means NDR survival, you shouldn`t wory about money, it will come.
Quote from fermevc :Oh boys, very brave idea.
I understand your effort and costs for running NDR events, but I think that if something is OPTIONAL it`s doomed. On the other hand, many of LFS racers are unemployed/students and it was hard for them to pay for S1/S2. Do you really think they would "donate" to participate?
I think it would be better if you try some kind of sponsorship first, and if that fails, you can ask for donation. I`m sure that there is someone that could help you host the servers, vent....
Another solution is cutting the costs, maybe organize less leagues.
One more thing, offer some kind of partnership to ones interested in organizing LFS events, share costs, have less work,....

Your events are very well organized, I enjoy participating (when my connection works ), so if "donating" means NDR survival, you shouldn`t wory about money, it will come.

Well the first thing that sprung to my mind was "you can not believe how cheap people are." To me at least it is quite amazing how two (2) unemployed students (though Jackson said he'd chip in some sometime) managed to finance all the things mentioned somewhere in this thread. But as what comes to cutting costs, I'm sure we'll organize as many events as ever but broadcasting which takes the most money will probably die a bit.

Otherwise, servers aren't that expensive and tbh anyone can afford. And the FM team kindly has provided vent for deko to shout in () so all the basics should stay the same. But I for one would like to see things evolve.
After pondering it and hearing the suggestions for it, I have updated the Schedule of Fees to include "Season Pass" things. The link in the OP has been updated (as I shitcanned the old attachment to reup it), but if you don't want to find it there, you may find it linked here.

There are two for drivers only, and two for Teams. Teams are for a whole NDR Season (Year), while drivers can do a half-season or a full season.

We hope that this is a somewhat more attractive selection, as it is cheaper on the whole if you participate in all of our series, and may be offered and paid at any time.

If you are interested in "purchasing" a "Season Pass" please send me a PM and I will work to arrange transmission of funds.

Also, for those wondering, per-event fees for those interested will be collected in the week prior to an event.

Thanks,
dekojester

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG