The online racing simulator
*petition for [LFS] name changing*
(172 posts, closed, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :Yet you never use them on this forum?

He wants to save all his potential for when he creates a new account/his account name gets changed.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yet you never use them on this forum?

:sadbanana well sarcasm is just not easily uncovered without it being spam, and irony isnt too easy to find and distinguish...only one time i picked up on it right away, it was a heated arguement in a forum/topic that is about being nice or something along the lines of that (i forget exactly what/where it was)
thread still not closed?
#129 - STF
:homersimp "Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."
the proof that never trying works is he is still demo with no country to call his own (just a joke dont take offense)
Quote from logitekg25 :the proof that never trying works is he is still demo with no country to call his own (just a joke dont take offense)

Yet you somehow couldnt be arsed buying your own license...
ya but i diddnt ask the very end for it...i literally just said hey whats up
#133 - STF
Hey relax, no insult taken, I know you mean well ,hinting at demo status, or am I reading too much into it.

Anyway, don't have a conniption. Get it through your brick: you aren't going to die from it. Some of us have other priorities. But if it means that much to you: I'm sorry. Jeez, people can be so anal.

But I won't hide the extent of my sin - I behaved improperly, disappointing my significant other. No one can deprecate this failing more than I, though I emphasize I remember none of the details.
I am an insect, fit only to be squashed.. It would be only fair for you to leave me festering in well-deserved pain. Say the word, and I will rend my garments and shave my hair in apology.

About the country, well.. I just don`t like how the flag shows up in the forum. It`s too.. it`s not square you see?
rofl about the flag thing

and there was too many metaphors in there for me to really get what you were saying (or want to :razz

i know logitekg25 will grow on me if i give it time, but some people are not so lucky, like liveforboobs, playapimp, lfsn00b, stephani, and a few others have names that would create a bad first impression, and are even inapropriate
Quote from evilpimp :signed

Hate evilpimp, would definetly like to change it to MistaTea. :P

Just picked this post because it was the first reply before the thread lost my attention.

You got this account for free and don't like the name so you want to change it at LFS devs expense? - (work)
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=27349

Now if account names could be changed how could I keep track of events such as this?

Also the server bans, and other linked systems would all have to be redone to accomodate user's BAD DECISIONS.
signed
Quote from JasonJ :Just picked this post because it was the first reply before the thread lost my attention.

You got this account for free and don't like the name so you want to change it at LFS devs expense? - (work)
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=27349

Now if account names could be changed how could I keep track of events such as this?

Also the server bans, and other linked systems would all have to be redone to accomodate user's BAD DECISIONS.

I got it free but someone still paid for it! Why let it go to waste! If my friend bought me a licence and I wanted to change the name, it would be the same as in this case. The payment is made but the person who made the payment isn't using the account. In my case, it was a complete stranger! :P
Quote from evilpimp :I got it free but someone still paid for it! Why let it go to waste! If my friend bought me a licence and I wanted to change the name, it would be the same as in this case. The payment is made but the person who made the payment isn't using the account. In my case, it was a complete stranger! :P

Well maybe what Jason is saying is that you should be grateful you have an S2 account at all, regardless of what name it is and that The devs shouldn't let you change your name cos you got given a free account.
signed

I'd change it to McGoose. if it was possible.
Quote from JasonJ :Just picked this post because it was the first reply before the thread lost my attention.

If you got your account free or not isnt the issue. And if he has a problem with his username thats his thing. You judge becus he got the account for free ?? Why do you care if got it for free or not.

I do agree on a certain level with certain usernames. I see many usernames which are completly idiotic. NO offense : but logitekg25 ??? for instances. Its silly. On the other hand when you picked as a username it well known that once picked it stays. This is with most of any forum nowadays. So you should have known better.

I dont think its necesarry to change usernames but I do see for certain people a problem in it. If its offending I think the devs should change it, if not well then dont change. The work coming from it is too much to gice a real benefit beside your own feeling.

Once picked, its picked. And frankly you should have thought about it before putting some weird name in as username.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :signed

I hate my PLAYAPIMP i was a stupid 13 year old when i made it

I want to be Zeek

so You need to think about Your username before You register.
Yes and another echo........

I bet 99% of the people wanting their name change will want it changed again within 12 months again.

The other 1% would want it changed again the same week.
Quote from JasonJ :Yes and another echo........

I bet 99% of the people wanting their name change will want it changed again within 12 months again.

The other 1% would want it changed again the same week.

I agree completely Jase
niels, i was planning to not use lfs at all because i thought it was just another crappy sim...so i quickly picked my username planning on it being a test out username, but it turned out good...i understand where you are coming from.

like i said to keep the dev's workload to a minimum, we should have a limit and it should be something like 1 name-change per account, or something like that
Quote from logitekg25 :
like i said to keep the dev's workload to a minimum, we should have a limit and it should be something like 1 name-change per account, or something like that

To keep the devs workload to a minimum, we should leave it as it is now with no name change, people have to learn to read things before they just sign up to anything, with silly usernames they don't intend to keep?

just my opinion

SD.
Anyone who requests their username is changed should have "I didn't think when I signed up" as a mandatory part of their signature.
Quote from tristancliffe :Anyone who requests their username is changed should have "I didn't think when I signed up" as a mandatory part of their signature.

I don't understand people who pick a name that they change... That's why all my usernames on ANYTHING I register to don't have numbers, one their are hard to remember, and two, if you pick a well-though out and imaginative name you don't need numbers to make it a unique name.

Notes : It's common sense not to add a team tag or name into your lfsusername this common sense I had when I bought the game in 2005 when I was only 15. So age is no excuse, it's common sense, it's like getting a tattoo of someone you love on your body. It's just stupid. Yes, by all means pledge allegience, but do you HAVE to carry it around like that? Eventually one day, you will want rid of it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Anyone who requests their username is changed should have "I didn't think when I signed up" as a mandatory part of their signature.

deal...i just have to somehow think of a way to shorten up my signature to under 4 lines so that can fit.

truth of the matter is i did not think when i signed up...i put the first thing that came to mind
This thread is closed

*petition for [LFS] name changing*
(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG