The online racing simulator
Nice Moderation there Franky500
(38 posts, closed, started )
Last month i got banned for one month for this argument http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=21713&page=24

Which tbh didn't deserve to go unnoticed but i don't see much wrong there, not much swearing, just a heated argument when i lost it with S14. Anyway i got a month ban which i didn't think fitted the crime. So mistake number 1.

Then franky500 sends me my infraction which says:

This is the message that was sent:
Dear pearcy_2k7,

You have received an infraction at Live for Speed.

Reason: acting a prick
-------
* Arguing your point - Fine by me
* Being an abusive twat - Not fine by me.

So i get called a prick and a twat for something that was no overly malicious in my book (ive seen alot worse) and not even aimed at him, yet this is the guy were all supposed to act like, respect for what he does for the community and he speaks to me like that.

Yes i will probably get flamed as i openly admit i can be an ass sometimes and im all about free speech which some of you don't really agree with but what i said there didn't deserve the reaction i got from franky. I did my time, now i want to see if thats the sort of behaviour that should come from a moderator. Im sure if i sent him a PM calling him a prick and twat something would happen to me so why should he get away with it?
Hmm seems like some explanation is needed from Mista Frankeh.
Maybe it's just me, but that seems like pretty rational adjective usage.
i blame the media.
Twat and Prick from a moderator? From anyone ok but from someone who's supposed to show the example of how we should be acting in the forum? So I'm allowed to call anyone a prick, twat or insulting them without getting an infraction?
Maybe you're thinking of this too literally. He's not calling the user those terms, as he's simply describing their actions/behaviours. Additionally if they were restricted words, don't you think they'd be blocked by the swear filter like **** and ****?

I say that he's fine with what he did, and if anything was a pretty accurate description of the posts in question.

Or he took influence from the reporters / media / videogames? (RUN! JACK THOMPSON IS COMING!)

#7 - JJ72
Quote from evilpimp :So I'm allowed to call anyone a prick, twat or insulting them without getting an infraction?

Most of the time people do get away from it on this forum.

My personal opinion is moderators are not saints, just another human behind a computer trying to maintain order. Not really someone you ought to "look up to", I mean we are all adults and should know better ourselves......we know how to behave in real life, and hence shouldn't need an example to know how to behave on a forum.

It's inappropriate, but not a big deal. If you believe in free speech, than why make something out of it? Just a little liberal usage of word.
Im just disappointed by the way he spoke to me, its wasn't aimed at him nor did i use much bad language at S14 so why i was spoke to like that and got a 1 month ban i don't know, theres been more heated agruments on here with no punishment given.

Plus to me **** is up there with ****, **** is a pretty nasty word for someone that has done nothing to you.
If that was the case we wouldn't need moderators. They're here because there are people who go over the limits with their comments. But what he pretty much did here is call Pearcy a prick and a twat (or his actions, but ones actions pretty much describes who he is) for calling someone else a prick and twat? Why doesn't he get an infraction for using ''abusif'' language to another member of the forum. If like you say moderators shouldn't be treated differently from other members, they should still be at least treated equally instead of having rights like insulting people while its against the forum rules..
#10 - JJ72
Quote from evilpimp :If like you say moderators shouldn't be treated differently from other members, they should still be at least treated equally instead of having rights like insulting people while its against the forum rules..

Agreed, so what is the usual penalty for saying someone acts a twat?
Nothing usually, it's when you go on tirades calling whole races/groups/repetition that gets you an infraction.
He didn't say that he said i was "being and abusive twat" which was so uncalled for from a moderator and "i was acting a prick". It's almost like he was trying to piss me off using as many insulting swear words as he could. Especially over something so minor.

So if i was being an abusive twat in that thread, surely hes being an abusive twat by saying im a prick and a twat? So 1 month ban it is then?
he was saying what you were acting like. who knows maybe you said something that offended him and he was mad and said those things not really meaning it...i have never even heard of the word twat and imo prick isnt that bad
1. moderation is not discussed in public
2. discuss it with other mods via private messages
3. publish more private messages
4. I don't see a question or a suggestion
5. what's the point of this thread
#15 - JJ72
But the difference is you were doing it publicly, causing disruption in the community while he didn't?

I think he shouldn't be emotional or personal in handling your case, but I can understand when a moderator has to clean up a mess, he would be feel a bit work up.
Quote from JJ72 :Agreed, so what is the usual penalty for saying someone acts a twat?

The same as Franky gave to Pearcy. What he did was as bad as pearcy did. He insulted another forum member. Therefore he should recieve the same penalty he prescribed to Mr. Pearcy.
1. moderation is not discussed in public - Not my fault
2. discuss it with other mods via private messages - They don't listen to your side of the story and try to fob you off with bs
3. publish more private messages - they were infraction messages i think i have a right to show them, they are mine anyway
4. I don't see a question or a suggestion - it's not in the improvement suggestions section its in general discusion
5. what's the point of this thread- Nothing maybe to you, to me it means quite alot, i asked alot of people before i posted this if i should and they all agreed it was uncalled for and it should be reported
Quote from JJ72 :But the difference is you were doing it publicly, causing disruption in the community while he didn't?

I think he shouldn't be emotional or personal in handling your case, but I can understand when a moderator has to clean up a mess, he would be feel a bit work up.

Not really, he didn't clean anything up, he just gave out infractions, how many would he give out a day? does he call everyone he gives an infraction twats and pricks?

It was just an agrument, there thousands of them on here, they don't get 1 month bans and get the language i got off franky.
#19 - JJ72
But he wasn't banned for using two abusive words, he was banned because they engaged in a public, much longer than it should, meaningless and pointless war or words.

If anything that's a different crime.
#20 - JJ72
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Not really, he didn't clean anything up, he just gave out infractions, how many would he give out a day? does he call everyone he gives an infraction twats and pricks?

It was just an agrument, there thousands of them on here, they don't get 1 month bans and get the language i got off franky.

Maybe you should talk to him personnally then?

It seems a personal issue more than anything.
is there a rule against swearing? or atleast offensive language?
Ok, how long did the drifters vs racers and cruisers argument go on for? Did they all get 1 months bans? Like i said theres plenty of arguments on here over 5 pages long like the car wars thread...

Ive dealt with the moderators a few times and even helped them out, i don't go around calling them twats or pricks no matter if i disagree with what they've said and if i did i doubt id still be here. I didn't want the situation in his hands and i wanted my own, what god is it if no-one knows hes done it? He can just carry on, atleast now people know what happened and how the mods can be on here sometimes, one rule for them, one for everyone else. Yet when they've done something they shouldnt they get away with it but when they argue with someone they want to be treated as a normal forum member.
No, he got banned for ''acting a prick" and "Being an abusive twat". Calling someone a twat isn't abusif? What was the point of using prick and twat? Why not just say he was being abusif and therefore got himself an infraction?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :..... as i openly admit i can be an ass sometimes.....

no way. I don't believe that....lol
Quote from logitekg25 :is there a rule against swearing? or atleast offensive language?

I've swore on these forums plenty and nothing's ever happened to me that I noticed.
This thread is closed

(38 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG