The online racing simulator
features wanted in tracks
(28 posts, started )
i was driving down the street with my brother (speeding as usual :razz when going up an awesome street to race (nice winds and bends and hills and blind-spots) when we hit a small uphill bend with a small across the road bump (kinda like ___/~~~~~) the back of the truck jumped a bit and we could feel it shift about 6 inches, nearly causing oversteer. this would be extremely fun to race in because it is a challenge like the devs want this game to be.

so post pictures/videos of features of pre-existing tracks or features of driving surfaces you want in lfs

p.s. i will try to get a picture of the road i was talking about.
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
noone wants any cool features in any track?

howabout the famous blind curve in mazda's laguna seca?
#3 - JJ72
Quote from logitekg25 :when going up an awesome street to race ...........

Sorry I stopped reading there.......
he means a bumpy part of a uphill curve
It's called South City.
Quote from logitekg25 :(speeding as usual :razz

I stopped reading here. Almost certainly ends with some moronic 'suggestion'.
We are uncool. We dont like cool new features.
Personally, I love cool new features. But the first requisite of a cool feature is that it be cool.
You'd never get away with a new racetrack having bits THAT bumpy, but obviously some texture to the track can make life interesting. So the GP circuits wouldn't allow it, but maybe some parts of the club-sized tracks could have areas like that due to lower repair budgets.
What would be cool is keeping the older parts of updated tracks. Like the new Blackwood section after the straight. The run-off could be the old tarmac part, but really rough since it'd be an old surface. Make it feel like the track is evolving rather than being replaced.

However, trying to describe a road surface using ASCII characters is really pointless. Photos or a 3D model would be far better.

And speeding in built-up areas is bad. I drive fast too, but only on open roads - I stick like glue to residential limits, even if it feels like I'm stopped. Because I wouldn't want it to be my kid who got hit by the speeding moron.
i might add, i meant by an awesome street to race in, meaning it would be very fun to take the RB4, or some other street car through it.

and he is driving a pickup truck, so we werent speeding by that much.

we usually only speed where it is truely safe to do so, and it is not by too much
As I'm not allowed to state my own opinion due to a recent infraction.

I AM NOT BIASED TOWARDS EITHER DIRECTION IN REGARDS FOR THIS IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTION!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :As I'm not allowed to state my own opinion due to a recent infraction.

I AM NOT BIASED TOWARDS EITHER DIRECTION IN REGARDS FOR THIS IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTION!

lol
Quote from dawesdust_12 :As I'm not allowed to state my own opinion due to a recent infraction.

Unsarcastic irony = fail.
#15 - xtm
Actually, racing LX6 around blackwood, there is a bump at the end of the last corner (that uphill left and then smooth right). With correct gear ratios, changing from 3rd to 4th on the bump results in some noticeable oversteer, you gotta be pretty quick to catch it
I think a track with a tunnel would be sexy.

hehe
a street circuit based on Hong Kong plz
I'd like random power-ups with turbo-boosts, shields, firepower and all sorts of stuff to take down my opponents.

Or is that Mario Kart?

I'd seriously like holes in the road on south city for example, I don't know how to explain, but there's almost no road completely smooth, I'd like the road to have real cracks and dents and it affecting the physics, instead of just a .DDS re-texture.
that is already in improvement suggestions, and devs are wondering how to do that easily but definately true
well...had another idea, and this is what the thread is meant for....maybe it wont end in epic fail again

:bump:

narrow tracks are always very fun and difficult, so that is a suggestion for me

tunnels are fun like said above, and maybe just beat up roads in general
Quote from logitekg25 :well...had another idea, and this is what the thread is meant for....maybe it wont end in epic fail again

:bump:

narrow tracks are always very fun and difficult, so that is a suggestion for me

tunnels are fun like said above, and maybe just beat up roads in general

We should race in a tunnel without windoes or lights on the top of it. As you know, cars don't have headlights so it would be hell of a fun, and we could call it: "Last Man Standing".
#25 - War

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG