The online racing simulator
#1 - KuHS
Is there any connecting packet?
Hello, is there any packet when player connects check him/her info, i would do to check is his/her ip ok. I think ISI packet is right for that? Or there won't any packet? It's just like then connecting, and checks are you banned or not, if you're banned, don't let them connect to the server. Is there? Please, help
When a player connects you get an IS_NCN packet. This has the player's username. Unfortunately, IPs aren't sent through InSim

IS_ISI is sent to open an InSim connection with a server
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Unfortunately, IPs aren't sent through InSim

that's what i thought... and then i noticed airio has some sort of ip limiter... i wonder how that works.
Quote from bunder9999 :that's what i thought... and then i noticed airio has some sort of ip limiter... i wonder how that works.

There is no reason why you can add some function calls into windows network stack and figure out who's IP belongs to what user.
Or you can enable network debugging in LFS and get it via a debug message after the player has connected. Not sure how accurate that would be though...
Quote from the_angry_angel :Or you can enable network debugging in LFS and get it via a debug message after the player has connected. Not sure how accurate that would be though...

Network debug gives the clients IP?
Quote from Dygear :Network debug gives the clients IP?

IIRC it does but without PLID, UCID, UName or PName
It does give the guest IP, but it also gives more info in between. So if 2 guests connected at roughly the same time, there could be discrepancies if one has slightly more latency than the other, causing delays with the guest list packet. It also wouldn't send IPs if your InSim app connected while there was people on the server

I'm not sure how Airio manages to find player IPs after connecting mid-race, I don't see how it's possible to distinguish who's who, even if you did get a list from the network stack
Attached images
Untitled-1.png
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I'm not sure how Airio manages to find player IPs after connecting mid-race, I don't see how it's possible to distinguish who's who, even if you did get a list from the network stack

Most packets contain either the UCID or PLID, or both
Though I should mention, when I did some research on this and asked the devs whether I could publish my findings or not, they asked me to keep it to myself. So if you find something, I suggest you do just that
Quote from morpha :Most packets contain either the UCID or PLID, or both
Though I should mention, when I did some research on this and asked the devs whether I could publish my findings or not, they asked me to keep it to myself. So if you find something, I suggest you do just that

Ah, of course, I was just thinking of doing a netstat, I never thought of getting the IP of a packet as it comes in :sorry: I see what you mean now
Quote from morpha :IIRC it does but without PLID, UCID, UName or PName

Learn something new everyday.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG