The online racing simulator
Rain Races?
(21 posts, started )
Rain Races?
I think it would be Nice to have the option for Race Races. It would bet yet more challenging and more fun, because of the different tires, and setup you would have to do in order a achieve that goal to win. And well, If there's Race, Then we need Rain Tyres.. Which would be A really nice Feature for the Rain Races... (Well You would have to have them, or you would not get grip and well.. basically, Wreck) Have a Few choices for new Tyres along with the opinions for Rain Tyres would be really Nice to see within LFS.

Thanks for Reading, Hope someone Agrees Cody.
#2 - VoiD
And.. You don't have to be a Dick about it either.
#4 - VoiD
And ... you dont have to be clever ...it´s OK...
the reason why he is so pissed of is simply because it was suggested sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo often....
Quote from Backtrack3d :And.. You don't have to be a Dick about it either.

Actually the first reply to a blatantly obvious and already million times suggested idea is required to be made in a dickish manner.
I Suggested that 2 years and i got told i was told i was clever for not using the search term. 2 Years a go!

in a couple years you'll be replying the way void is nowadays regarding oversuggested suggestions.
#9 - VoiD
We have a nice feature in this forum...
Attached images
rain.jpg
Quote from VoiD :We have a nice feature in this forum...

I think if the "USE TEH SEARCH!!" crew took their own advice and simply didn't post at every opportunity, things would be a bit nicer still.
We really need this. But it's also been suggested, you REALLY cannot believe you were the first to think this idea

He didnt seem like giving a dick like anwser in any way or am i blind?
But on another note he stated a fact.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from sinbad :I think if the "USE TEH SEARCH!!" crew took their own advice and simply didn't post at every opportunity, things would be a bit nicer still.

True. The best would be if everybody just ignored threads like this.
Quote from geeman1 :True. The best would be if everybody just ignored threads like this.

But truth is that such threads are the ones, that sometimes get to be very popular.

....And now it's my fault, because I bumped it again. Damn it!
Right, it may of been suggested 1,000,000 times.. but it's at the top of the thread so i'm going to post in it anyway.

Bare in mind i have no idea about programming

Should making rain conditions be all that hard? i mean you have the 'Grip level' of the road and the grass, all you would need to do in the rain is alter the road to give just over what you might call a little less grip and then give the 'Racing line' even less grip.. that way fastest is around the outside like in real racing?
Quote from Seb66 :Should making rain conditions be all that hard? i mean you have the 'Grip level' of the road and the grass, all you would need to do in the rain is alter the road to give just over what you might call a little less grip and then give the 'Racing line' even less grip.. that way fastest is around the outside like in real racing?

The grip bit would probably be easy - but then there's these factors to factor in:
  • Amount of grip changing due to rain falling/drying up
  • Aquaplaning [does any sim actually have this yet?]
  • Spray
  • Windscreen Wipers
I'd say the actually physics is ok so far [with regards to 'adding in' rain] but some other things will need to be added too
Quote from J@tko :The grip bit would probably be easy - but then there's these factors to factor in:
  • Amount of grip changing due to rain falling/drying up
  • Aquaplaning [does any sim actually have this yet?]
  • Spray
  • Windscreen Wipers
I'd say the actually physics is ok so far [with regards to 'adding in' rain] but some other things will need to be added too

I just gave up on making a post... But you said everything I wrote and just disregarded right afterwards.
Rain is way more complex than just less grip.
Actually rain is hugely complex thing to simulate in a driving context.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Test Drive LeMans and LeMans 24 hours tried to but imo did'nt quite get it right. Also on dreamcast and PS2.
Quote from Backtrack3d :I think it would be Nice to have the option for Race Races.

That'd be rather racist I think.
Nah, we'd give them a head start. That way the chains won't be much of a disadvantage.

Rain Races?
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG