The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 the real deal
(132 posts, started )
Quote from cobra193 :Cool, now we'll see the really clever [G27] tags start showing up..

[G27] racer
[G27] FastJohn
[G27] I can't drive for sheet, but I sure do have a nice wheel

That brightened up my day! haha
Quote from mcintyrej :The first human being to create fire didn't use a lighter - how could Logitech use the technology if they didn't have it?

Seriously, stop using argument fallacies. Helical gears have been around for decades, it was THEIR fault for not using them because straight cut gears are cheaper to produce. Stop being an ignorant dick, or at least try to.
Helical gears slip easier. I'd take straight cut anyday
There is good reason that race car gearboxes, along with the reverse gear in road cars, use straight cut gears.

Thta said, helical isn't inherently a problem, I'm sure the gears are designed to withstand the maximum torque of the motor by a sensible safety margin. It might start to cause issues for those people who modify their motors to provide more torque.
Quote from Bob Smith :There is good reason that race car gearboxes, along with the reverse gear in road cars, use straight cut gears.

neither of which apply to pc controllers
noise really should be the main concern with wheel gearing especially when it comes to wheels as ridiculously noisy as the g25
Now i fully understand why they added only 2 buttons on G25 wheel because its almost only issue and noise from G25 dont makes me any probles so i think i will stick with it
meh I never notice the noise when I use my wheel.
Quote from JJ72 :meh I never notice the noise when I use my wheel.

Me neither Makes me wonder what some people are on about.
you must be one of the lucky ones
toni and me both had wheels that made the entire desk resonate and were audible everywhere in the house
I rarely notice the noise my DFP is making when I'm in a race and it is quite noisy. My mates sometimes complain about it when I'm speaking with them on Ventrilo during a race. I think it's a good move from Logitech to make the G27 less noisy but the absence of sequential shifter means I probably won't buy the wheel.
Yeah, some of the very first G25's were pretty horribly loud. I had to return the one I bought in the launch day because it sounded like a hacksaw. The second one I got (in use now) of the newer revision isn't quite as bad, but still pretty loud compared to proper belt driven wheels.

I don't really care much of the wheel noise anymore now that I'm living alone, the headphones I use also mask most of it so I can't even hear it. DFP was much much much worse though. Drifting that sucker at night in 720 degrees earned me a few well deserved warnings.
Quote from Bob Smith :There is good reason that race car gearboxes, along with the reverse gear in road cars, use straight cut gears.

That said, helical isn't inherently a problem, I'm sure the gears are designed to withstand the maximum torque of the motor by a sensible safety margin. It might start to cause issues for those people who modify their motors to provide more torque.

Would be much more of an issue for people who replace the wheel with a larger one (or F1 type) as the extra weight would do the same thing as a motor mod as far as the gears are concerned. Seems like a more common thing to do also.

PS: (Not to Bob) Complaining about the yellow dress?!? Seriously???

Thta said, helical isn't inherently a problem, I'm sure the gears are designed to withstand the maximum torque of the motor by a sensible safety margin. It might start to cause issues for those people who modify their motors to provide more torque.

Yup , your post brought to mind messing about with minis in my youth , once you topped an A series engine off with a 16valve conversion the standard Gbox was on its very limit , so at the time a staight cut box was the recognised fix for this , no way you gonna strip that baby !!

But my god they were noisey
Quote from Vinnylegends :Just to be honest....
Those racing shoes/slippers just look fugly and make him look like a No-Lifer

Maybe so but I find the G25 pedals way too sharp on the edges and unconformable to be used only with socks. Besides, they got paid/otherwise compensated to use/plug them...
anyone know when it's gonna be for sale? i need one lol my g25 is pretty much dead.
Quote from Kazu2799 :anyone know when it's gonna be for sale? i need one lol my g25 is pretty much dead.

contact logitech, they have excelent customer support, and might just replace it for you

that is only if you did not open it though
Kazu2799
Quote from www.logitech.com :
The Logitech G27 Racing Wheel is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in September for a suggested retail price of $299.99 (U.S.).

http://www.logitech.com/index. ... eleases/6201&cl=us,en

Is Canada considered U.S. (North America) in the release of products?
Nah, Canada is the 7th state of the British Empire.
I can't believe there's no sequential shift. Wouldn't consider buying one even though I mostly drive with H-shift.
Nice legs shame about the wheel.
If anyone is buying the g27 I'm interested in purchasing your old g25 (as long as its in decent condition).
nice to watch... this girl. what was the review on?

Logitech G27 the real deal
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG