The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 the real deal
(132 posts, started )
Ummm, what did they say about the wheel again?
Quote from dawesdust_12 : Looked at it some more... almost 1000$ CDN after shipping and the inevitable Import taxes... For a ****ing SimConBase and the Stupid SimConMeter.

Yep, tell me about it.

Last year I was "kind of" thinking about getting the Frex wheel because I could have afforded it. I mean 1400 euros + 400 euro shipping isn't all THAT bad considering this hobby is something I really love, but then I started calculating the import taxes. Because Japan isn't an EU country, the finnish customs would have taken the package in upon arrival and forced me to pay over 400 euros of nothing but import taxes before handing me over the packet! That's over 2200 euros for a racing wheel, utter madness.

If only Frex would have a retailer branch in the EU soil to avoid this stupid tax hell (and lower postage costs aswell), I wouldn't think twice about buying their hardware.

Meanwhile, I have to make due with the Logitech plasticness and hope for the G29(?) to be a lot more impressive than this G27.
Gotta love that whoreware!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :huge lolz @ "predecessor to the G25"

Exactly my thought too. Just when I thought she was there for her knowledge heh
You still would have to get pedals for that Frex GP, cause its without pedals
Bah, I lost interest in this when with the lack of SS, I use mine a lot (so much it is actually breaking), but I see no reason to change to the G27, I'd just buy another G25 and if I wanted the fancy pedals I'd just pick up some of the Porche GT pedals.
Quote from Matrixi :Because Japan isn't an EU country, the finnish customs would have taken the package in upon arrival and forced me to pay over 400 euros of nothing but import taxes before handing me over the packet! That's over 2200 euros for a racing wheel, utter madness.

It could be worse.. Norwegian authorities charge 38,4% import tax on anything from ANY country (EU or not).

For most people I believe $300 for a package including wheel + pedals + shifter is in the upper range of what they're willing to pay. There will always be some who don't mind spending far more, but their numbers are most likely too small for the big guys (like Logitech) to bother with. Besides, if Logitech decided to make a high-end product in the $500-1000 range they would meet serious competition from Frex, CST and others. So from a business point of view, $300 is probably about as high as they'll go.
Do not be as this way of change is said in English.

Sequential, Shifter and...

This it is the one that I say.
Total fail by Logitech! :doh:
What wheel?
Quote from Kristi :You still would have to get pedals for that Frex GP, cause its without pedals

sure but you could get the comparatively cheap clubsports from fanatec which offer pretty much anything you could ever wish for in pc pedals
great tits
Just to be honest....
Those racing shoes/slippers just look fugly and make him look like a No-Lifer
Quote from Vinnylegends :Just to be honest....
Those racing shoes/slippers just look fugly and make him look like a No-Lifer

you'd still do him though for realz
Oi! That's my secret :hide:
i had no idea Darin and Shaun were in LFS

is Jessica around too?
Yeh would not be too bad eh?
Like 99% of the guys here will never meet her but heck why not?
Quote from bbman :Little miffed about taking away the sequential shifter - THE best thing about the G25 was that you could emulate every type of shifting, and me being a GT-enthusiast the sequential shifter still is the most used by me...

Ditto. I'd like the extra buttons, but I'd much rather have the sequential mode. I even use it as a handbrake when playing RBR
booooooo i am dissapoint (insert funny looking face here)

the helical gears should have been there first of all (DUH!!!) they should have just made a metal shifter (or atleast more solid) mis-match-able to the g25, and the new pedal thing. the g25 is too loud, more buttons needed, and the shifter was not good enough
Quote from logitekg25 :booooooo i am dissapoint (insert funny looking face here)

the helical gears should have been there first of all (DUH!!!) they should have just made a metal shifter (or atleast more solid) mis-match-able to the g25, and the new pedal thing. the g25 is too loud, more buttons needed, and the shifter was not good enough

The first human being to create fire didn't use a lighter - how could Logitech use the technology if they didn't have it?

"the g25 is too loud, more buttons needed, and the shifter was not good enough"

By my reckoning they fixed all of these issues ( to a certain degree) and put them into the G27.

Too loud = Gears
More buttons = Easy
Shifter = Smoother action, and i'm assuming less noise and clunkyness.
All this ranting about the lack of sequential shifter.... can't you just set it up to use 3rd and 4th for shifting sequential cars? I take it the shifter will center itself I dont see the big deal.

I would like to see a "cheapish" replacement gear/cogs set to enable diy upgrade of the G25 to quality helical gears, would be a very popular 3rd party product IMO.

as for extra buttons I could do with a couple more on the G25 so for me appart from the lower db output thats the only big plus for the G27.

I would expect the 25 to be priced around 20-30 percent cheaper than the 27 by christmas.

Logitech may be a "small" company but they have a huge globally recognised brand.

SD.
Quote from mcintyrej :The first human being to create fire didn't use a lighter - how could Logitech use the technology if they didn't have it?

"the g25 is too loud, more buttons needed, and the shifter was not good enough"

By my reckoning they fixed all of these issues ( to a certain degree) and put them into the G27.

Too loud = Gears
More buttons = Easy
Shifter = Smoother action, and i'm assuming less noise and clunkyness.

i think my point was those features should have been in the g25 to begin with (because they are all pretty easy to do :really

the lack of sequential is a huge down for anybody!

and if you used 3rd and 4th for sequential they wouldnt center, because if they did then h-pattern would also center which would be bad
Quote from logitekg25 :i think my point was those features should have been in the g25 to begin with (because they are all pretty easy to do :really

the lack of sequential is a huge down for anybody!

and if you used 3rd and 4th for sequential they wouldnt center, because if they did then h-pattern would also center which would be bad

Well the G25 was a significant improvement from the DFP, I think that's what they were trying to do.

Also, I'm not sure if you have the full concept of how companies have to research, plan, develop, test certain ideas to put into products. One person doesn't go "look I've made these gears a funny shape and its much quieter". They pour resources and money into researching these things.

Here I go again with my comparisons - When the first Ford Model-T rolled out of the factory why didn't they put air con, electric windows..etc. They all have to be pretty easy to do!

"the lack of sequential is a huge down for anybody!"

Not for anybody, the people who don't use it will be glad - since they get a better H-shifter as a result.
Cool, now we'll see the really clever [G27] tags start showing up..

[G27] racer
[G27] FastJohn
[G27] I can't drive for sheet, but I sure do have a nice wheel

Logitech G27 the real deal
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG