The online racing simulator
USA... situation..?
(29 posts, started )
USA... situation..?
Hello there ya'll

Anyway, I was curious to hear again from some Americans... (probably some might remember that I've asked weird questions in the past but that's not the point)...

Personally never been there so got quite interested in finding out what's the situation like concerning ehm... 'classes'. Not entirely sure what'd be the most ideal way of wording it but there ya go

Is there a big difference, division between richer and poorer people? And is it really as rough in certain parts of cities/or the country overall or is this all a false image created by television which brainwashes silly people like me.

Tha for answers in advance
No silly, attacking comments please.
Quote from Electric Eye :Is there a big difference, division between richer and poorer people?

Depends what you mean by difference.
Rich people have lots of money, and poor people don't. That's the only difference. That and tan levels. There's nothing stopping a poor person from moving up and making it big. Just odds, really. It's pretty classless, but rather your social ranking seems to grow with your bank account...

Although, that lifestyle is quickly disappearing with Obama...

And oh yeah, it's rough in some parts. There's plenty of places you DO NOT want to be at night, and a few you don't want to go near period. Detroit really is as bad as international press make it out to be. I live near Oakland, California and it seems like there's a shooting report just about every day. Most of the country is pretty damn safe though.
Yeah that's what I meant more, I do realised that ya can achieve anything you want as long as you're determined to go all the way. I was more curious whether it was as dangerous as television makes it look...

And is this concertrated in certain states... areas? Like you said, places where you would rather not be at night time, or at all!
Quote from Electric Eye :And is this concertrated in certain states... areas? Like you said, places where you would rather not be at night time, or at all!

There are places like these in every single country.
I think it's generally concentrated. I am lucky to live in a wealthy area where the houses are huge, the lawns are green, and Bentleys and Maseratis are becoming common sites at school dropoffs. But no more than 30 minutes from here is Newark, which has so many car thefts that Speed TV actually now runs a show about a special police force trying to detain these carjackers.
#7 - 5haz
Quote from MadCat360 :Rich people have lots of money, and poor people don't. That's the only difference. That and tan levels. There's nothing stopping a poor person from moving up and making it big. Just odds, really. It's pretty classless, but rather your social ranking seems to grow with your bank account...

And oh yeah, it's rough in some parts. There's plenty of places you DO NOT want to be at night, and a few you don't want to go near period. Detroit really is as bad as international press make it out to be. I live near Oakland, California and it seems like there's a shooting report just about every day. Most of the country is pretty damn safe though.

Pretty much like the UK then. Just replace Detroit with Manchester.
Quote from 5haz :Pretty much like the UK then. Just replace Detroit with Manchester.

Yeah, all them gallaghers round the chatsworth are a nightmare, but nowhere near as bad as the mcguires, don't mess with them!

Yeah, i watch shameless, its epic, but this is a light blue text, and only S14 knows to scan for them, so nobody will see this bit xD
#9 - 5haz
Your invisible text does not fool me.
Quote from 5haz :Pretty much like the UK then. Just replace Detroit with Manchester.

East London is wrose

i think its east
The most dangerous place in the UK moves around with me, and the threat level varies depending on hormones.
#12 - 5haz
#13 - th84
Quote from MadCat360 :

Care to elaborate?

I would say that it is no different here than it is in other parts of the world. There are bad areas in almost every large/ish city. Lucky for me, I live out in the country where your biggest concern is hitting a deer while driving home from work.

I dont think television has given you a false perception, there are places around here that I wouldnt go during the day, much less at night... and I've lived here almost my whole life.
Well I lived in Lithuania *where I was born* for most of my life, and I'm living in one of the poorer parts of the city in Scotland right now... but I gotta say it's not even comparable to what it was like over there. There have been quite some attacks where I am right now, people killed and so on but personally I was never bothered here even at night time (11pm and so on)... The only thing I remember is.. some guy asking if I know where he could get some weed, told him that I don't and he politely thanked me and walked away

Can't say much about England, been to Manchester but ain't lived there to know the whole city properly...

Compared to Lithuania I'd say it's extremely safe here... well at least not comparable as I said... I do realise that you have crime everywhere... but I am most certain than in certain countries the crime rate is a lot bigger than in others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L ... countries_by_suicide_rate
At least we're best at something! *Positive thinking!*

P.S. Just been googling and found some statistics... http://www.nationmaster.com/gr ... -crime-murders-per-capita UK seems to be pretty safe! Lithuania being 9th, not surprised now that when I was over there for holidays my friend was carrying pocket knife and knuckle dusters with him on our way home from bus station at night time...
Quote from Rappa Z :I think it's generally concentrated. I am lucky to live in a wealthy area where the houses are huge, the lawns are green, and Bentleys and Maseratis are becoming common sites at school dropoffs. But no more than 30 minutes from here is Newark, which has so many car thefts that Speed TV actually now runs a show about a special police force trying to detain these carjackers.

I lived in Newark a few years ago, albeit on campus at NJIT, so technically more of a bubble within Newark.

Still, while I was there, at least one local kid not more than a block or 2 from the school was shot walking home from a basketball game.

My hometown, where I currently live, is a wealthy suburb much like Rappa Z's. The biggest threats to personal safety here are soccer (football) moms in enourmous SUV's talking on cell phones.
I've lived in two large cities (Atlanta and Chicago) and several smaller ones (West Palm Beach and Santa Fe), and I've never really felt unsafe in any of them. Sure, there are dangerous areas, but you don't go there. My neighborhood in Chicago was probably the worst of the lot, and was sort of block-by-block... one block of really nice houses/apartments sandwiched next to one with guys sitting on stoops dishing drugs. Even there I never felt unsafe.

As for upward mobility in society, it's quite possible. Always has been and probably will be for quite a while. That said, it's a lot easier to attain that upward mobility the higher you start on the ladder--same as anywhere else.

th84, don't bait the polititroll. :P
Quote from Forbin :I lived in Newark a few years ago, albeit on campus at NJIT, so technically more of a bubble within Newark.

Still, while I was there, at least one local kid not more than a block or 2 from the school was shot walking home from a basketball game.

My hometown, where I currently live, is a wealthy suburb much like Rappa Z's. The biggest threats to personal safety here are soccer (football) moms in enourmous SUV's talking on cell phones.

i live in the suburbs near DC and its prettty safe here but in SE dc i wouldnt go there during the day and especially at night
like everyone said before it really depends on the place and time
i wanna move to the us =(
All the pretty girls on tv attract me
Ow and I just wanna experiance all the "high school" stuff
Quote from Scrabby :i wanna move to the us =(
All the pretty girls on tv attract me
Ow and I just wanna experiance all the "high school" stuff

And I was speaking about brainwashing...

Not sure but I doubt the girls are any nice over there considering... the amount that are overweight, as far as I remember ... statistically Colorado seemed to be the healthiest state in US
Quote from Electric Eye :And I was speaking about brainwashing...

Not sure but I doubt the girls are any nice over there considering... the amount that are overweight, as far as I remember

Quote from Electric Eye :And I was speaking about brainwashing...

Not sure but I doubt the girls are any nice over there considering... the amount that are overweight, as far as I remember ... statistically Colorado seemed to be the healthiest state in US

but all the hot girls are in california
I wouldn't know, never been there, only speaking statistics weight-wise
There are hot girls and fat girls everywhere you go.
Quote from ferrarifan777 :but all the hot girls are in california

no thats where all the ditzy annoying blonde wait... i mean actresses are
Quote from Shotglass :no thats where all the ditzy annoying blonde wait... i mean actresses are

that doesnt change the fact that theyre hot

USA... situation..?
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG