The online racing simulator
:weeping:

Telewest? Hasn't been Telewest for years! It's Virgin.

None the less, I seem to be the only person in the tread that's downgraded my net (from 20Mb to 10MB) 20 MB just wasn't worth the extra cash tbh I can wait an extra 7 mins for a movie

That Ping is shocking to be honest.....

So much for a 10Mbit line

The best we can get out in the sticks, even though we were told the best we'd get is 1.5mb. It's reliable so I can't complain.

I dont know why my ping is so high
Need moar speed !

Yay for old and crappy wiring in the neighborhood, too. Makes it hard to check stream stuff when I'm at home.

Quote from Blackout :

It's ok...but got to try again tomorrow.

Got to a more fresh internet source.

Yes, I'm feeling very large in my pants in my new small home.
That's FUNET amirite? "Uni" connections still don't count
Quote from NotAnIllusion :That's FUNET amirite? "Uni" connections still don't count

Well yes, but it's what I have home. If it's doesn't count, it means....I'm a girl.

should be 40mb/s up/down, but I'm using wireless connections, so this is what I can get max
Tested just now..

Thats the fastest mine has ever been, nearly 4x quicker than ever before, i usually get about 0.6 download and 0.04 upload, needless to say im chuffed, i thought it felt quicker since i started using windows7, god knows how its made it faster, but it seems to have done.
tested the site in first post...
Results: Download Speed: 260Kbps
Upload Speed: 212kbps
Quality of service: 91%
Round trip time: 226ms
Max Pause: 144ms
and that in Wireless 3MB KPN Modem

Previous connection did 6,6/0.4 for 50$, this one does 25/23 for 18$. Not bad

meh
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :arrr....thats prolly the oldest thread ive ever revived...but still better than opening a new one

let the e-penis competition go on!

upgraded my line...will post another test once i have my gigabit networkcard ^^ (which actually supports that speed)

It should be 80/25, but for some odd reason on this machine I can't get max speed on Speedtest but it works fine with torrents. It costs about £15 month.
Well, i was round at my parents earlier and while trying to show my dad a very good YT video, it was being painfully slow, the vid was 2 minutes or so long and after literally 10 minutes of waiting it wasn't even a third of the way loaded, i tried to run speedtest and after taking about 8 minutes to load speedtest, all it did was the ping speed (3115ms) and then froze there, so i cleared all temp files, reset the router, restarted the PC etc... and when i ran speedtest again i got what i think is a very weird result....

Ping: 41ms

Download: 0.13mb/s

Upload: 0.38mb/s

Now is it just me, or is that a strange result, as any other connection i have seen, the download speed is always quicker than the upload speed, which is how i thought it is supposed to be.

They are on the orange home max broadband package, and the speed that they were told they would get on that line would be 0.5mb/s, which i suppose if you add together the d/l and u/l then it is technically correct as it adds up to 0.51, although when you login to their orange account, it now says that the line is capable of 1.5mb/s on that package, which they clearly are not getting.

Is it worth them calling up orange and asking a few questions, as it is either wrong on their websites line speed checker, or something is the matter, as as far as i know, upload shouldn't be faster than download.

i guess my internet isnt the fastest of all...

Speed is slightly lower than usual, and ping is somewhat higher because there is my pc, 2 laptops, xbox360 using the internet...
Even with them running its still quite good (For Scotland, Distance from exchange)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG