The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 the real deal
(132 posts, started )
I have to say watching that I agree with some people about logitech. While I can see that have listened to what people have said about the g25 and improved on them like the noise and heel and toe pedals. To remove something like the sequential shifting on the gear lever seems to be stupid. While I can see that you have the paddles on the wheel still, I tired using paddles on the gtr's but at 540 degrees occasionally I would hit the paddles and change gear when I didn't want to so I used the sequential stick and I am sure there are alot of people who use the sequential stick instead of the paddles.

Overall I would say for Logitech +2 for improving the G25 but -1 for making it worse. So while it is an improvement it could of been so much better.
damn she's hot
Quote from Blackout :Your hostess would also do with some more clothes. It's an insult you think your viewers as easy idiots.

No comment on that after reading this thread.
why would someone get this wheel over the fanatec 911 turbo ($249.95 +S&H)

would it be the G27's Styling? better pedals? more solid drivers/software? better track record for customer support and build quality?
No sequential? 90% of the cars i drive are sequential stick, so that's a huge minus, and as im using a DFGT that has more buttons than you can shake a stick at, 6 buttons on the wheel hardy thrills me. I love never having to take me hands of the wheel.

Overall... huge fail. The G27 could have been SO much more.
I'm sorry I asked now cause no sequential means

NO SALE

60% of cars I drive use sequential

oh yeah, thnx for the video SRT men
If you see your G25 dying, why dont you exchange it for free with Logitech ? They changed mine to a brand new even after 3 years ...

About the G27 : Its like a new version (1.2) of G25, which is just silly to order. You can buy that led stuff, or even better for G25, which would cost like 70€ or so. The rest is pretty much the same...And those buttons are .... Yuck, makes the wheel look like a toy, not a serious racing wheel...
Dear god she should cover herself up
Quote from Byku :What a pity :/... i've always used sequential shifter with GTR cars :|.

Just use the paddles then instead....

Anywho, as a gamer wanting a G25, I think I'll get the G27 when I round up the cash. Seems like a good deal, and I'll be sure to offset those pedal faces for some l33t h33l and t03!
Thanks for the review guys. I'm considering it.
Quote from Matrixi :Only thing I really have "against" this wheel, is that it could have been MUCH better.

I mean, it took them 3 years to add some silly toy-like looking buttons, drill a few extra holes to the pedals, change a few plastic gears (which should have been done in the G25 in the first place..) and remove the sequential option? It's hardly impressive.

The changes I were hoping for a G25 successor were:

- A possibility to bolt on a real racing steering wheel (OMP/Momo/Nardi etc) directly to the Logitech wheel hub without any extra adapters required. This would have only required making the hub diameter a couple centimeters larger and changing the bolt pattern of the factory wheel.

- Belt driven force feedback.

- Completely redesigned and tougher shifter.

- More maximum lock, atleast 1080 degrees.

- Higher quality, possibly brushless, electric motors for faster turning speed.

Those are the main things I'm unhappy with my G25, and the G27 "updates" don't really interest me much at all.

1 Size isn't everyting

2 belt driven .. so you like the way belts stretch over time ?

3 900 degrees is more than most race cars ( double arm cross anyone ) ?

4 why you want faster turning speed .. but more rotation ?

IMHO keep the wheel the same ..add 2 extra buttons ( of the same quality as the g25 ) + add pedal spacing for the chaps that like to heal toe + the quieter gearing is nice ( i get massive ear-ache if i use anything but 360 as the missus deems this to be too noisey)

just my thoughts ...wtf do i know
Nice wheel, i really hope that they will turn down the prices on G25 now. Because i need a wheel too and dont have that much to buy overpriced stuff, or not overpriced
It won't bring G25 prices down. Companies don't usually compete with themselves unless they are very big. Logitech is not a very big company.
Correct me if I am wrong, but it is being released at the same price the G25 is at now? 300 euros correct?

So if it's the same price for either, what incentive is to get the G25? It would _have_ to be lower price yeah?

And FWIW, as of now I won't get a G27 if I ever need a new one, most likely I'll get a cheaper G25 and mod it to have a stiffer shifter. The ability to switch seq/h-gate far outweighs any improvements they have added for me.

Maybe someone will invent a MOD to add a seq mode into the shifter module.
Quote from JasonJ :Correct me if I am wrong, but it is being released at the same price the G25 is at now? 300 euros correct?

So if it's the same price for either, what incentive is to get the G25? It would _have_ to be lower price yeah?

And FWIW, as of now I won't get a G27 if I ever need a new one, most likely I'll get a cheaper G25 and mod it to have a stiffer shifter. The ability to switch seq/h-gate far outweighs any improvements they have added for me.

Maybe someone will invent a MOD to add a seq mode into the shifter module.

300 dollars, not euros
Well, many people in sequential cars use levies change, what´s the problem?
Quote from ErAri :Well, many people in sequential cars use levies change, what´s the problem?

Sorry I cannot understand what you mean can you re-phrase that?

Levies are fees payable for something.
Uhh... what's the problem?

It's a product refresh.

Who is saying that this is a successor product? And if Logitech marketing is, are you stupid enough to believe them?

It improves on the G25 and gives people who don't already have one more incentive to get one. I'm sure it's not aimed at existing owners. I for one am glad it doesn't make obsolete the G25.

However I gotta say that loosing the sequential is pretty dumb, as most sequential boxes should be lever actioned.
Quote from DoC_uk :1 Size isn't everyting

Keep telling yourself that buddy.

Quote from DoC_uk :2 belt driven .. so you like the way belts stretch over time ?

Uhh, my Act-Labs from ~2001 is belt driven and the belt is still as good as new, though it hasn't seen much use in the past couple of years.

Quote from DoC_uk :3 900 degrees is more than most race cars ( double arm cross anyone ) ?

Several real life street cars have way more than 900, even over 1440 degrees like E30 BMW's. All cars in the world aren't race cars with über-quick steering you know.

Quote from DoC_uk :4 why you want faster turning speed .. but more rotation ?

You kind of answered yourself there. More lock requires less resisting electric motors, try drifting in 900 degrees for a minute and you'll see.

I simply want a more realistic steering wheel, and I can't see how anyone could be against these proper suggested improvements. If you're happy going about using your G25 in 360 degrees, power to you. That doesn't mean everyone would be in the same boat.
Quote from Matrixi : I simply want a more realistic steering wheel, and I can't see how anyone could be against these proper suggested improvements. If you're happy going about using your G25 in 360 degrees, power to you. That doesn't mean everyone would be in the same boat.

Here: http://www.frex.com/gp/
Yeah, I only lack the 2000+ euros for a Frex wheel. :rolleyes:

The great thing about Logitech, is that they can stuff a superb amount of features for a low price wheel.
Quote from Matrixi :Yeah, I only lack the 2000+ euros for a Frex wheel. :rolleyes:

The great thing about Logitech, is that they can stuff a superb amount of features for a low price wheel.

I know, I was looking at something on Frex and I'm like "should only be a few hundred dollars".... ****ing like 800$ before shipping. That's ****ing insane.

Looked at it some more... almost 1000$ CDN after shipping and the inevitable Import taxes... For a ****ing SimConBase and the Stupid SimConMeter.

Logitech G27 the real deal
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG