The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 the real deal
(132 posts, started )
Hello Sim Racers.

This is the real deal, no more speculation, no more spy photos, this is a real life G27 in the flesh ready for review.

We at SRT/Inside Sim Racing have been hammering away on one to bring you all a review of the wheel, pedals and shifter.

Check it out at

www.insidesimracing.tv or search for us on you tube under sim racing tonight.

Happy Racing

Shaun Cole
G27 Review on Inside Sim Racing
#3 - JJ72
Just when I thought it was a myth.
Looks cool! But if I understand correctly, it doesn't have sequential gear shifting?
#5 - Fuse5
Quote from Solidum[NL] :Looks cool! But if I understand correctly, it doesn't have sequential gear shifting?

correct.

and this sounds like the perfect wheel now.
#6 - Byku
Quote from Fuse5 :correct.

and this sounds like the perfect wheel now.

What a pity :/... i've always used sequential shifter with GTR cars :|.
Yeah, she looks so hot in yellow.
#8 - Fuse5
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Yeah, she looks so hot in yellow.

Am I the only one to kind of prefer her over Megan?

Anyway, great review!
#9 - JJ72
come on logitech, gimme a trade-in deal and I shall worship you forever........
Why oh why can't I watch these videos at work I will watch it when I get home though.

One question, which may get answered in the video, but if it doesn't have sequential shifting is that just no sequential on the gear lever but it has paddles? If not then it would be silly because of the SS being raced.
Quote from Greboth :Why oh why can't I watch these videos at work I will watch it when I get home though.

One question, which may get answered in the video, but if it doesn't have sequential shifting is that just no sequential on the gear lever but it has paddles? If not then it would be silly because of the SS being raced.

I think so... when you drive a sequential-shifter car, you have to shift with the paddles which is not the best Except that it's a nice wheel.
#12 - JJ72
it has paddles.
The wheel looks really smooth, but other than that, I can't see any point upgrading from G25. I'm left with the impression Logitech is just trying to harvest money. Making less than perfect product and then trying to improve with little changes invented by others. The wheel should have had 6 buttons in the first place, it should have had that better gearing too. There was no reason they could not done it in the first place.

The raised and adjustable pedals and the rev light are both made for G25 by third parties. G27 will be good value for someone with no wheel, but if you already have G25 it's an insult.

The review had good parts. But I think you could do without silly point system. It doesn't do anything better than a well reasoned opinion. Pack it tight and don't waffle about and say how Logitech is trying screw people over.

Your hostess would also do with some more clothes. It's an insult you think your viewers as easy idiots.
Good report! Hm. Maybe I'll replace my old MS Sidewinder FF... Though $300 is kind of a lot of money.
I agree with Blackout though, a point system to compare is one thing, but don't overdo it.
Good show again for the rest.

No comment about the clothes part, although it was a bit too obvious

Edit: Actually I'll do comment on the clothes part.
A dress like here is just as hot, but has a lot more style.
There is no need for nearly naked outfits and let us keep focus on the wheel (and Shaun :shy.

Little miffed about taking away the sequential shifter - THE best thing about the G25 was that you could emulate every type of shifting, and me being a GT-enthusiast the sequential shifter still is the most used by me...

Quote from DarinSRT :We have one of.. if not THE first review of the G27 up now !!

http://www.insidesimracing.tv

I'm missing the comparison to the GT3RS in your review, since it was clear the G27 isn't much more than an uprated G25... I mean, that's basically the big question when you're deciding on a new (affordable) high-quality wheel...
Nice review.

But IMHO the new G27 is pointless crap. That idea with 6 buttons was nice, but removing sequential shifter mode was poor. Its like 1 step forward and 2 backwards. They probably thought "We will add few more buttons, kids will like it!", and will set absurd price compared to older G25 price. And leaving only hardcore (H-mode) shifter - RBR drivers won't be really interested to buy it if they were used to sequential shifter (not pads behind wheel).

So all in all, maybe it is good to buy G27 for a guy who hadn't G25, but if you have G25 already, you will just spend the same or even more amount of cash for actually same thing.

Thats just my point of view, don't flame me please.
Quote from TexasLTU :Nice review.

But IMHO the new G27 is pointless crap. That idea with 6 buttons was nice, but removing sequential shifter mode was poor. Its like 1 step forward and 2 backwards. They probably thought "We will add few more buttons, kids will like it!", and will set absurd price compared to older G25 price. And leaving only hardcore (H-mode) shifter - RBR drivers won't be really interested to buy it if they were used to sequential shifter (not pads behind wheel).

So all in all, maybe it is good to buy G27 for a guy who hadn't G25, but if you have G25 already, you will just spend the same or even more amount of cash for actually same thing.

Thats just my point of view, don't flame me please.

I agree, shifting with paddles in these type of games/cars is nonsense. That's a big step back... Why I'd be forced to use paddles now, when there already is a seq. shifter @ g25.

Even if there'd be a possibility to use shifter from g25 and wheel from g27 it's still pointless idea - to buy a wheel and use components from old one which is pretty much the same.
mhhh since the most people already got a DFGT or a G25 already i think its no need to "upgrade" it since there are only so minor changes

still though the lights are quite useless. I don't know because you mostly dont look at the wheel when driving instead of the screen.
Second of all the buttons look kinda out of place, like they have been made by a 6year old guy. I don't know just looks plastic.
Quote from baSh0r :mhhh since the most people already got a DFGT or a G25 already i think its no need to "upgrade" it since there are only so minor changes

still though the lights are quite useless. I don't know because you mostly dont look at the wheel when driving instead of the screen.
Second of all the buttons look kinda out of place, like they have been made by a 6year old guy. I don't know just looks plastic.

It also depends where your wheel is. Mine (as it's on a high desk/low seat), the wheel actually obscures part of vision of the screen so the LED's would be in optimal placing.

It's minor, but still a bit better.
Quote from baSh0r :mhhh since the most people already got a DFGT or a G25 already i think its no need to "upgrade" it since there are only so minor changes

Agreed althow my DFGT feels plastcish its feels great stil and for the dirt cheap 90 euros i bought it for brand new i just forget about the gamy feel of the buttons.

There straight out of the dualshack 3 controller for the ps3 i know it becaus i have one those buttons feel excatly the same.
But for a dirt cheap 90 euros who gives a shit.
Man... I'd so hit that!

Oh right, uhm... about the G27 Yeah, I'll echo what has been said here; I don't see any reason to upgrade from a G25 to a G27. In fact I don't even see a reason to buy a G27 even if you don't already have a wheel, as it has no sequential shifter. You're still better off with a G25.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from Blackout : Your hostess would also do with some more clothes. It's an insult you think your viewers as easy idiots.

jeeeeez let the girl wear what she wants! If you think you can do better and know more about their viewers why don't uou start your own show?
Might be worth is for me seeing as my g25 is dieing. Also if the lack of sequential shifter is a problem just use a g25 shifter with the g27 should work a treat.
they cheated, you cant preorder it from amazon

(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG