The online racing simulator
AWD touring cars
(39 posts, started )
Do not want.

how ever i heard they where thinking about doing something like that in the future after the engine freeze is over.
What/when was the AWD Indycar?
TY, found info about it.
Yea, won Gold Cup IIRC
I always wonder how the AWD ban rules include hybrid systems.

Think about it, just add some inwheel electric motors to the front wheels, that power up if needed, like corner exit and the like. One could even link it with a computerized system similar to the torque sens stuff in the Evos and newer Audis, give power to the other wheels if one slips. The only car that comes close to this idea atm is the VLN Gaia Gumpert Apollo, that ran at the 2008 24h Nürburgring, but it had to retire due to petrol engine problems.
Quote from ACCAkut :The only car that comes close to this idea atm is the VLN Gaia Gumpert Apollo, that ran at the 2008 24h Nürburgring, but it had to retire due to petrol engine problems.

Nope, it ripped the (planetary) diff to shreds in just a few laps - and it finished (ran the last lap after spending the big majority of the race in its pitbox)...
The Australian Performance Cars Championship used to run some WRXs and Lancer Evos. The PROCAR series used to field them as well.
Quote from 5haz :DTM cars have almost nothing in common with their road going counterparts.

pillars and roof and stock but the rest is not
Quote from Alistair :pillars and roof and stock but the rest is not

Pillars and the roof are carbon fibre as far as I know.
no i was reading autosport and they showed all the details of a 2008 audi a4 and the roof and pillares are steal
Quote from Alistair :no i was reading autosport and they showed all the details of a 2008 audi a4 and the roof and pillares are steal

I want a source on this steal you speak of.

AWD touring cars
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG