F1: Who will win the '09 WDC?
(38 posts, started )

Poll : Who will win the WDC?

Button
Webber
Vettel
Barrichello
Its fair to say These 4 drives are the only ones that have a real chance for the championship, so who do you think will win?
i think button.
I think Webber.
He is very consistent and Vettel tends to be kinda Jochen Rind'ish. Either he wins or he crashes.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Button
#5 - 5haz
Vettel, Button will piss away his championship lead, royally pissing me off in the process. Reverse psycology.

Why so many votes for Webber? He's only one one race so far and everyone suddenly thinks hes the next *insert legendary racing name here*. I'm not saying he hasn't got what it takes, but I'll be convinced when he wins another one or two this season.
Webberr.
For some reason I can't see button getting it though(even though he has a huge 18.5 point lead) Brawn just can't keep up development at all, its a shame really as i would like to see a real fight for the championship.

I think Webber may steal it from Vettel, he seems to be really on form at the right time added to the fact hes not making mistakes.
#8 - 5haz
It seems Brawn's car updates actually made the car worse somehow, thats the impression I got from an article on F1technical a while back.
Quote from 5haz :It seems Brawn's car updates actually made the car worse somehow, thats the impression I got from an article on F1technical a while back.

I don't think they have gone backwards, i think the other teams have been rapidly upgrading at a pace teams like brawn can't handle and since the new rules have been soo dramitcily different each upgrade can be up to .5 or so quicker.

But it is quite odd that they dominated Turkey and then after that they have been struggling for decent points finishes.
None of them will win it.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
#11 - 5haz
I think its a combination of both the other teams advancing relative to Brawn and some mistakes Brawn may have made along the way.

Even in Hungary when it was rather hot, the Brawns struggled, I would expect that even with improvements on the other cars, the Brawns would still go fairly well in the heat, but the way that they struggled so much suggests that they have gone backwards a bit perhaps.
Vettel or Button

Webber? Give me a break.......

*Runs away*
I hop button wins i have beighn a fan of him since his williams days.

I realy hope he wins it
Hamilton? :rolleyes:
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
#15 - JJ72
Button

cos I think some part in the latter season Brawn will bring out an update, which will put it on par with the redbulls, and they will just defend their champsionship lead.
#16 - wild
Quote from JJ72 :Button

cos I think some part in the latter season Brawn will bring out an update, which will put it on par with the redbulls, and they will just defend their champsionship lead.

They have been working on the cars for the past week, so hopefully they have found the problem(s) with the car and they'll have them fixed in time for Valenica, so we can have a bit more exciting race compared to last years.
Quote from DevilDare :Vettel or Button

Webber? Give me a break.......

*Runs away*

Why do you think that Vettel is more likely to win the championship than Webber? Serious question because I don't see any reason, tbh.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Vettel is just a lot more stable. Fine - If he doest get his setup right he is way behind, and usually is chasing Webber. However, Webber has only won once this season, in one of the fastest cars on the field. So thats why I think he will fail and wont win again; therefore loosing the championship.

Thats just my opinion
Why isn't Nakajima in this list?

But, in all seriousness, i think Button will take the championship, as my hope in Hamilton has sunk.. unfortunatly
Quote from Stiggie :Why isn't Nakajima in this list?

But, in all seriousness, i think Button will take the championship, as my hope in Hamilton has sunk.. unfortunatly

I was voting Sutil, but I can't find him on the poll.
Sorry what now? There's a F1 WDC still in existance? Totally forgot about it with the talk about Hamilton and Kimi dominating at Hungary and the Schumi comeback! So who's in it then? Anyone we know!??!?

seriously - we'll know at valenica is Brawn have sorted their issues out. Until then predictions are difficult. I'd put my money on Sato
:bowdown: Bourdais
Quote from Intrepid :Sorry what now? There's a F1 WDC still in existance? Totally forgot about it with the talk about Hamilton and Kimi dominating at Hungary and the Schumi comeback! So who's in it then? Anyone we know!??!?

seriously - we'll know at valenica is Brawn have sorted their issues out. Until then predictions are difficult. I'd put my money on Sato

Yes, becuase Brawn went and installed tonnes of Karting parts which means they'll definitely win.

Ross Br - I mean, Jenson Button! Yeah, that's right...

Seriously, it's impossible to predict. Button has a huge lead, but we're only half way through the season.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, becuase Brawn went and installed tonnes of Karting parts which means they'll definitely win.

Not quite.

What I think Intrepid is stating (and he'll no doubt correct me if I'm wrong) is that over the past couple of months, the temperatures of some of the tracks have not been in the ideal range for the Brawns, add in the fact that the other teams have improved/got to grips with the regulations has meant that the gap between the Brawns and others have shrunk, and with respect to the Red Bulls have overtaken the Brawns.

Now with the circus heading back to warmer tracks/contents this may or may not fall back into the hands of the Brawns, who have had nearly a month since the last race to sit back and evaluate things.....unfortunately for them, so have the others.

And this is the problem when it comes down to backing a winner out of the four suggested (although imho Barrichello is not evening in the running). The latest odds would have Button as favourite (@ around 11/8 or 2.38) with Vettel and Webber joint 2nd favourites (@ around 11/4 or 3.75) but this is likely to change after the race in Spain depending upon the performance of the Brawns, For the record, Barrichello is such long odds, I'll get better odd backing Scotland to make it to 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

To Sum up, Button is the favourite at the moment, but the car has lost its edge, however the Brawn team can fully concentrate on Button, as Barrichello is a no brainier. Red Bull have the edge on the Brawns, but with both driver in with a shot, there could be some awkward decisions to make in the Red Bull garage and there even could be the scenario where Webber and Vettel could come together and take each other out, gifting points to Button.

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG