The online racing simulator
F1: Who will win the '09 WDC?
(38 posts, started )

Poll : Who will win the WDC?

Button
Webber
Vettel
Barrichello
Quote from DevilDare :Vettel is just a lot more stable.

I think the complete opposite, tbh.

If Vettel has a good race without mistakes he's usually in the top 3 at the end but he has already done several mistakes this season. Without these mistakes, he could even be right up there with Button on the points table.

Webber on the other hand is very consistent and finishes most of the time. At least, I can't remember a big mistake from him this year yet which caused him to DNF.

Therefore, I think it's not that ridiculous to think that Webber is more likely to be WDC than Vettel.
People look at Webber as a driver who has only won 1 race but really this year is the only year hes had a car to do so. from the first half of the year he was still recovering from hes leg injury so he wasn't as fast as Vettel, allthough if you look at Australia and Bahrain expecially he was extremely unlucky.

Even hes win, it wasn't just a win it was a complete domination by one driver.

Now compare Vettel, seems to have the edge in qualifying easily with a 9-1 lead(allthough Webber has only ever had a lighter Q3 car once) but in the race its Webber 7-3

I think Vettel is a tad faster, but that advantage seems to be nutralised by Webbers consistency.
I really hope that Webber gets the title. Providing Webber and Button stay at their current race form, Webber might just be on the cards. Apparently, Button's only scored about 9 points compared to Webber's 24 in the last 3 races

But at the same time, who knows?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :Didn't FOTA agree to shut the factorys for 2 weeks.

Bloody trade unions

Yes they did, to save costs and reading about, simply shutting the factories for 2 weeks saves the teams around £1.5 Million.

On the original question - I don't know who will win, While Button seems a good choice, I would put it at either Button or Webber. Vettel is just too inconsistent for my liking.
Quote from carey :Didn't FOTA agree to shut the factorys for 2 weeks.

Bloody trade unions

Don't mean the brains stop ticking.
Quote from HSVLVR :I really hope that Webber gets the title. Providing Webber and Button stay at their current race form, Webber might just be on the cards. Apparently, Button's only scored about 9 points compared to Webber's 24 in the last 3 races

But at the same time, who knows?

If Brawn can improve while McLaren still take wins Button is in a good position. Brawn really need the rise of Ferrari and McLaren to continue!
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
On first glance it looked like Brawn were just getting dodgy batches of tyres, something not uncommon with single make tyre series. The sudden change in vehicle feel and grip. I've heard it all before. Their dip in form has made the championship close again and provided a lot of headlines for F1 interestingly enough

Not that anyone would give them bad tyres now....
Barrichello and his springs.
I voted Vettle but i want to be proven wrong.
With some of the assumptions going around at the minute, here is another one:

Ferrari, McLaren and Renault will dominate the top six places for the rest of the season, and Lewis Hamilton will take the Championship by a single point in the last race, on the last corner, in the pissing rain.

*shrug* Just about as informed as everyone else :P
Force India will pull out a massive performance upgrade (Thief's are busy stealing all the cars right now, and then the engineers will combine them) and win every race til the end of the season with every other team somehow only 1 driver finishing (as the other driver got run over off the start grid due to his lack of car ).

Force India will win Constructors Championship, and Adrian Sutil will be WDC.

#37 - 5haz
Sutil will gain a massive performance upgrade by leaving his car on the grid and running round the circuit.
Button needs to finish on the podium for all of the six remaining races to guarantee winning the championship.

Of course, that's assuming Rubens wins all the remaining races, which he is highly unlikely to do. So realistically I think another 3 or 4 podium finishes should pretty much wrap it up for Button.

F1: Who will win the '09 WDC?
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG