The online racing simulator
K@#0%!
(47 posts, started )
K@#0%!
So i was raging after work and decidet to hear some proper metal on my way home. as i was raging more and more the music got louder, too

till this moment when the f*cking amplifier got knocked out..

so i stopped opened the trunk to see..nothing

everything looked ok (the protection too), but the amplifier was REALLY hot.

does someone know if i killed the damn thing or is it just some sort of self protection and when it is cooled down it will work again?

thanks for the help if anyone got questions i´ll look if i can answer them

pics can be posted too if needed
i think you should wait that it cools down, take it off the car(if its got osme injury it may burn) and try if it works
-
(BastianB) DELETED by BastianB
Quote from batteryy :i think you should wait that it cools down, take it off the car(if its got osme injury it may burn) and try if it works

i don´t think it was hot enough to burn or something, didn´t smell something tough.

i would like to hear the opinion of some "expert" if someone here got the knowledge for stuff like this :P

had a similar thing like this with the surround system in my living room, but it only took 2 - 3 minutes and then it worked again like bevore
Totally irrelevant but... what kind of metal was it?
Quote from obsolum :Totally irrelevant but... what kind of metal was it?

erm.. dunno its heavy so i think its just normal metal?! why could this be important.

excuse me i don´t know really much about all this sound and electricity stuff
the fuse of the amplifier is located at the outside and is ok.
so is the fuse of the radio because the speakers in the front are working.

i´ll check the fuse between amplifier and radio

E: yep...its ****ed..

thanks for the help (i really have no knowledge with this stuff)
now i´ll take a look for a new fuse and hopefully it will work again.
Quote from BastianB :erm.. dunno its heavy so i think its just normal metal?! why could this be important.

Oh I thought you were a metal fan and I was just curious as to what bands you listen to You obviously don't know the first thing about metal so nevermind
Quote from obsolum :Oh I thought you were a metal fan and I was just curious as to what bands you listen to You obviously don't know the first thing about metal so nevermind

lol..
i thought you mean of what metal the amplifier case is made from..

sorry im a bit slow when it comes to logical thinking..

it was Slipknot 9.0 Live song "get this"

Quote from BastianB :lol..
i thought you mean of what metal the amplifier case is made from..

sorry im a bit slow when it comes to logical thinking..

it was Slipknot 9.0 Live song "get this"

fail, if u want some rally heavy metal try this, sounds awsome from real good sound system with alot of bass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssjt8izPnmU (1.00)
There's your problem. Heavy metal.

j/k
Quote :fail, if u want some rally heavy metal try this

Everyone has a different opinion of what is metal, what is rock, what name should be given to the subgenre of music played by band X, Y and Z etc... At the end of the day it doesn't matter, if it scares old grannies it's rap, if it scares kids it's metal, if kids like it it's pop, and if grannies jive to it it's jazz.

End of.
Quote from Becky Rose :At the end of the day it doesn't matter, if it scares old grannies it's rap, if it scares kids it's metal, if kids like it it's pop, and if grannies jive to it it's jazz.

End of.

Hah!

I usually disagree with you on music, but this is pretty dead on.
Quote from Becky Rose :Everyone has a different opinion of what is metal, what is rock, what name should be given to the subgenre of music played by band X, Y and Z etc... At the end of the day it doesn't matter, if it scares old grannies it's rap, if it scares kids it's metal, if kids like it it's pop, and if grannies jive to it it's jazz.

End of.

actually probaply 80-90% of kids, or should i actually say teens dislike pop. mainly they like rap
Quote from Becky Rose :Everyone has a different opinion of what is metal, what is rock, what name should be given to the subgenre of music played by band X, Y and Z etc... At the end of the day it doesn't matter, if it scares old grannies it's rap, if it scares kids it's metal, if kids like it it's pop, and if grannies jive to it it's jazz.

End of.

Well I like jazz and I'm ain't no granny. I guess at least

To go ontopic. Amplifiers do get hot if you stress them enough, but that isn't fatal, or shouldn't be. Might be if it's some no name brand.
Also check the power cabling, if it wasn't set up properly it could be a problem.
Does the amplifier get power if you turn the system on? There should be green or red leds indicating the status. If it's not the fuse, or power cabling, or just some other cables, it must be the amplifier, but as I said, it has the least chance.
#16 - Migz
Quote from batteryy :actually probaply 80-90% of kids, or should i actually say teens dislike pop. mainly they like rap

Thats the biggest load of bullsha ive ever heard.
Id say the majority of kids like rock.
Quote from Migz :Thats the biggest load of bullsha ive ever heard.

Id say they like everything thats on the top music charts.
Quote from RevengeR :Id say they like everything thats on the top music charts.

It's moar like this!
Quote from Migz :Thats the biggest load of bullsha ive ever heard.

majority of the people i know, likes rap. about 15 out of 20 listen to rap, and as revengerR said whats on the top of music charts
Quote from RevengeR :Id say they like everything thats on the top music charts.

#20 - Migz
Kid girls like everything on the top music charts.
Chavs like all the chavvy stuff on the top music charts.
And kid guys like rock/metal/dance.

At least its like that at my school.
Quote from Migz :Kid girls like everything on the top music charts.
Chavs like all the chavvy stuff on the top music charts.
And kid guys like rock/metal/dance.

At least its like that at my school.

then britian hasnt been infected by america, most peolpe here walk around with baggy jeans and big hoodies and listen to rap. gotta say i kinda do the same, but still sometimes i like to listen something like metallica, pantera, iron maiden etc+.
Quote from RevengeR :Well I like jazz and I'm ain't no granny. I guess at least

To go ontopic. Amplifiers do get hot if you stress them enough, but that isn't fatal, or shouldn't be. Might be if it's some no name brand.
Also check the power cabling, if it wasn't set up properly it could be a problem.
Does the amplifier get power if you turn the system on? There should be green or red leds indicating the status. If it's not the fuse, or power cabling, or just some other cables, it must be the amplifier, but as I said, it has the least chance.

thanks, but the problem has been solved
the fuse between the radio and the amplifier was burned.
i bought a new one and now it works all like it should

but thanks
Quote from Töki (HUN) :There's your problem. Heavy metal.

j/k

lol.
i nearly hear every type of music as long as i like it im not one of those guys which say there´s only one type of music. i hear hardstyle, too sometimes (which you are in if im right )

just depends on what moot im in atm
#25 - JJ72
Quote from batteryy :actually probaply 80-90% of kids, or should i actually say teens dislike pop. mainly they like rap

The rap they are into are kinder popish though......

K@#0%!
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG