The online racing simulator
LFS on PCLinuxOS.
(31 posts, started )
LFS on PCLinuxOS.
I finally got it working by updating LFS to Z15, but when driving I have no car sounds. Also when I try to unlock it I get 'Unlocking error' and when I press 'OK' It says 'Demo racer: shaun463'. Could someone please help me?
Have you tried updating Wine? maybe your distro doesn't have the latest and greatest one.
It was updated, yes.
no sound is either a alsa problem or a wine problem... lfs's sounds are ogg-based, if that helps at all... tried any other apps in wine? perhaps steam? i think some of the source-based games also use ogg for sound.
sounds a bit like LFS cannot write unlock information to your filesystem. Make sure that the /data and all subfolders are writable by the user running LFS.
My filesystem appears to be EXT2.
#7 - lvlo
Post your Wine version and place, where you put your LFS folder. This info can make picture clear

PS: btw EXT2 sounds very old for me...
Quote from lvlo :PS: btw EXT2 sounds very old for me...

quite the contrary... most people use ext2 on their /boot partition because it would be useless to have a journal on a filesystem that almost never changes. ext3 is the standard de-facto and ext4 is the experimental new filesystem.
I have the LFS folder on the desktop in a folder called LFSBACKUPi. My version of W.I.N.E. is 1.0.1-1pclos2007.
#10 - lvlo
Seems all ok - I have no big problems with LFS since 0.9.5* Wine version. Try stable Z version instead of Z15, which is still in developing.

For sound: run "winecfg" and choose only OSS driver in Audio tab. Usually it helps.

And check logs (deb.log in LFS folder and output in terminal) if you still have problems with unlocking.

Good luck
I said that Z didn't work but Z15 did already. Thanks for the help by the way guys!
Quote from shaun463 :I have the LFS folder on the desktop in a folder called LFSBACKUPi. My version of W.I.N.E. is 1.0.1-1pclos2007.

upgrading wine wouldn't hurt, but that should be good.

although, i'd put your lfs folder into the virtual c drive, usually "~/.wine/drive_c/"
#13 - lvlo
Quote from shaun463 :I said that Z didn't work but Z15 did already.

Well, this is weird cause there aren't global changes in Z15. My point is that clean installation of LFS can help you to resolve little issues - it helps me few times.
A little bit offtopic, but I has tried G25 on ubuntu with 2.6.31-5 kernel and I had only 2 bugs.
Impossible to get properly work clutch pedal (but I could see the moving axis while pushing the pedal) and wheel was somehow still in center position until +-45° (I mean like turning \ | / does nothing), so some kind of big dead zone. Shifter worked and FFB was somehow weird, but it was there
900° worked too

Just a bit info about using G25 under linux
Quote from Michalxo :A little bit offtopic, but I has tried G25 on ubuntu with 2.6.31-5 kernel and I had only 2 bugs.
Impossible to get properly work clutch pedal (but I could see the moving axis while pushing the pedal) and wheel was somehow still in center position until +-45° (I mean like turning \ | / does nothing), so some kind of big dead zone. Shifter worked and FFB was somehow weird, but it was there
900° worked too

Just a bit info about using G25 under linux

you need a app called usbtool to activate the clutch pedal and 900 degree mode. you can find it on the vdrift forums of all places.
Quote from bunder9999 :you need a app called usbtool to activate the clutch pedal and 900 degree mode. you can find it on the vdrift forums of all places.

Or G25manage, which works for G25 imo the same way Clutch and 900 worked, just LFS got problem to set clutch properly... neveretheless.. until it's so slow in wine 30-40fps single car, whole LFS gaming in linux is pointless

Info
Could I have a link to usbtool please?
I have tried everything and everything works apart from unlocking S2. It still shows me the same thing. And sorry, I forgot to mention before that in the message area it says 'Unlock Error 1'. It still says it too. I can think of one way to fix it - to use a crack and put my real username and password in. I would never do it though, unless a developer let me.
So, any help with fixing my unlocking error?
#21 - lvlo
We need more info. Please run LFS from terminal and post output (perhaps there will be many-many lines).
Quote from shaun463 :So, any help with fixing my unlocking error?

try moving lfs into the wine virtual c drive, it's probably a file thing...
I have already tried that, bunder. The version of WINE I have is the current best for my system.
Could anyone please help? I am going to re-download LFS to see if that works.

LFS on PCLinuxOS.
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG