The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition Round 44: Stoplight Challenge

This weeks theme is... "Stoplight Challenge"

Rules: (made by XCNuse, these will not be changed)

create a stoplight drag between two cars; all cars except open wheelers

Cars: All except open wheelers
Tracks: All

As usual, a preview pic of no bigger than 400 x 400 px , a link to the high res version and please write 'Final Entry' if it is so. Once you have posted your final entry, any edited posts will be removed from the competition.

Any entries with preview pictures bigger than 400 x 400 px will not be accepted

All entrants to post between the time of this post and 23:59 GMT on Friday 21st August.

No renders or old images to be used. Use only your own work.

Thanks and good luck to all.
Didn't we already have a "drag" week?
Quote from DevilDare :Didn't we already have a "drag" week?

I think this is more "street" based... Ever played Midnight Club? I think it's like the stoplight races in that.. illegal drag races from one set of lights to the other.
Ahhhh

I see
-
(CrAbStEr DrIfTeR) DELETED by CrAbStEr DrIfTeR
-
(CrAbStEr DrIfTeR) DELETED by CrAbStEr DrIfTeR
Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :didn't take much time on this one... (15 mins to be exact)

im sry to say but i think u blurred the wrong thing, i suspect that that kinda camera(police) wont got the exact speed with the cars, i think it stays still. so the enviorement shouldnt be blurred but the cars should?
Also can't see that to fit the theme..
mine. maybe 20-30mins to do it

E:Ok this is FINAL ENTRY (cant write it red now :P)
Attached images
LFShighspeedchase.PNG
LFShighspeedchase1.PNG
I think im gonna go total fast and furious style.. Just for a laugh
Quote from brandons48 :I think im gonna go total fast and furious style.. Just for a laugh

Could be fun to do
Ooh, just like me Dad used to do in his Cortina
...another excuse to use road-car skins!
Like last time; just a test, dunno if I'll have time to fix the probs as in the middle of moving house (such as headlights on road and traffic lights/headlights affecting background when they shouldn't)
Attached images
StoplightTest3.jpg
That's more like it!
mine's just a quick dash cam view a threw together in about 25 minutes. i sure wish i had a better graphics card! i was not revering to any real highway when i put "Highway 76"

EDIT: i didn't see the rules when i made this.. shoot
Attached images
SCPD in action.jpg
SCPD in action preview.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :That's more like it!

Cheers man (I think you were responding to me?:shy

About 30mins work and only 4 layers, but got no concentration atm, covering for manager through day and moving house in the eve

I will try and actually finish this one though (first time ever lol)
Yeah I meant you.

I might do something, just no idea what.
Should do! Most thing's will fit, South City is the obvious choice I guess (it has traffic lights lol) but any of the tracks would do, 2 cars, impromptu drag...good one this week.

Thing is, I love my 'American Graffiti' 'Two Lane Blacktop' etc etc
Quote from Subphonic :Like last time; just a test, dunno if I'll have time to fix the probs as in the middle of moving house (such as headlights on road and traffic lights/headlights affecting background when they shouldn't)

best so far. All the others are geared towards F&F unrealism regarding stoplight drag races. Most cars participating in them are hardly lookers.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
No renders or old images to be used. Use only your own work.
-
(Sponge) DELETED by Sponge
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
hope it is ok to withdraw entries... (just deleted my random one)

besides i didnt state it was a final entry i suppose you all just took it as one, sorry for that! may have a go on south city...
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48 : don't like previous entry.
-
(K0Z3L_43V3R) DELETED by K0Z3L_43V3R
3h of work and about 70 layers...

Final Entry
Attached images
Night drag preview.jpg
Night drag.jpg
Quote from Sueycide_FD :All the others are geared towards F&F unrealism regarding stoplight drag races. Most cars participating in them are hardly lookers.

Yeah, I was wondering how you'd get a police helicopter to a race that tends to last under a minute lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG