The online racing simulator
Okay the team is shut after this year.
But now we probably also lose 2 very very talented drivers:
Kubica and Heidfeld.
Anyone thought about that?
Quote from Vinnylegends :Okay the team is shut after this year.
But now we probably also lose 2 very very talented drivers:
Kubica and Heidfeld.
Anyone thought about that?

No, they will go to another f1 team.
That's possible but it could also not happen.
Quote from Vinnylegends :That's possible but it could also not happen.

No it will happen there are 3 more teams joining remember(4 now actually).
Yes. But who says they will go there?
Not every F1 driver has found a new seat since a team stopped. Like Sato. Those teams will probably want to put their F3, GP2 Talents in their car. Or someone who brings along a bulk of sponsoring money because that's what new teams need. A heck of alot of money.
Quote from Vinnylegends :Yes. But who says they will go there?
Not every F1 driver has found a new seat since a team stopped. Like Sato. Those teams will probably want to put their F3, GP2 Talents in their car. Or someone who brings along a bulk of sponsoring money because that's what new teams need. A heck of alot of money.

Sorry but your wrong, a driver like Kubica will get a drive easily and Heidfeld will get a drive with possibly a new team.
Wow, this is surprise. Especially since everything was now supposed to be ok and new Concorde agreement signed soon... maybe explains why it still is not.
Quote from TFalke55 :there is roumor about BMW entering the DTM for now about 1 year. Last year there have been some economists saying, if BMW enters the DTM they would have a bigger image increase then from driving in Formula 1. I've heard that develloping a brand new Klasse 1 car (DTM) costs 20m Euro, and every further year ca. 5m. Their F1 project costed about 220m every year.

Cheaper yes, but you need to compare that money to visibility in media etc. especially when DTM has somewhat limited international appeal. It's not just "220 millions vs. 20 millions", other things matter too when they decide if something is good investment, apparently right now F1 is not.
well... from what I know the DTM has got a better image outside of Germany then in germany, especially as the same target markets are hit... the new technical rules of DTM shall be quiet close to what Japanese GT cars are like. That's why Lexus is entered to there... I don't know, but BMW is linked for me with touringcars
Quote from TFalke55 :there is roumor about BMW entering the DTM for now about 1 year. Last year there have been some economists saying, if BMW enters the DTM they would have a bigger image increase then from driving in Formula 1. I've heard that develloping a brand new Klasse 1 car (DTM) costs 20m Euro, and every further year ca. 5m. Their F1 project costed about 220m every year.

I hope you are right, DTM has been sucky as a 2marque series even though I'm an Audi fan, I didn't really want Opel to go (it made sense as they sucked bad) but BMW to enter would be what we want, just like the old days, 190 E, Audi V8 and BMW M3 Schneider, Ludwig, Cecotto, Ravaglia, Stuck and Biela, those were the days!
Quote from TFalke55 :well... from what I know the DTM has got a better image outside of Germany then in germany, especially as the same target markets are hit... the new technical rules of DTM shall be quiet close to what Japanese GT cars are like. That's why Lexus is entered to there... I don't know, but BMW is linked for me with touringcars

BMW have stated they want to be in World championships for mass exposure, DTM doesn't get much attention outside of europe.

ALMS/LMS would be a good option imo.

and possibly Moto GP?
Just makes me wonder where will Kubica and Heidfelt go. Renault has a free spot now, and I haven't heard about Kovalainen making a new contract with McLaren. Also I think that Barrichello will be kicked out from Brawn.
As I don't like BMW at all - I'm happy they're out of F1 soon...

Anyway I always wondered...

Is it the brand BMW that seems to turn normal people into ****s? (on public roads)

or

is it just ****s buying them in the first place...
Quote from Bonham :Just makes me wonder where will Kubica and Heidfelt go. Renault has a free spot now, and I haven't heard about Kovalainen making a new contract with McLaren. Also I think that Barrichello will be kicked out from Brawn.

BMW is leaving F1 but the team will still be entered for 2010, so kubica and heidfield will still have a drive.
link? i don't think bmw have stated there selling there team yet.
#41 - 5haz
I wouldn't be suprised if they pulled out of WTCC soon too, unless the rules are changed so that races are no longer handed to Seat on a plate.
i dont have a link but remember reading it somewhere, since they have already signed for next year. might of just been someone writing a rumour though.
Quote from BenjiMC :i dont have a link but remember reading it somewhere, since they have already signed for next year. might of just been someone writing a rumour though.

Fota said they will try to help get a buyer for the team but nothing has gone through yet, its still all speculation.
#44 - wild
Quote from BenjiMC :i dont have a link but remember reading it somewhere, since they have already signed for next year. might of just been someone writing a rumour though.

I don't think they've signed for next year, On various F1 websites it says on 12 teams have signed the Concorde agreement. Not the current 10 teams and 3 new ones next year
AFAIK Peter Sauber's working with Mario Theissen to buy it out
And Piquet Sr. is attached to it in some rumours.
Piquet Jr in BMW is what I smell.
It's 1983 all over again?
It's not good to see a team withdrawing from F1, specially when Peter Sauber tried for years to have strong results, tried 3 years with BMW and then, with half an year of bad results, they put it in the trash can.

BMW's image, in my opinion, is damaged at all.

May I remember, BMW suspended their F-BMW school championship at North-America and Asia too. And if they enter DTM, just remember how is that category these days, with cheap false cars, no testing for drivers, just a big fake show...

Let's face it, they are just a bunch of business men, they don't even know what engine is running under their cars' hoods, they don't give a f*ck to motor racing and just didn't made the company profit what the shareholders wanted. That's the difference between BMW, Honda, Audi, and Williams, Sauber, McLaren... for the latter ones, racing is all they know how to do.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG