The online racing simulator
NDR FOX Jamaica 130 - Post Race Discussion
Here your reactions to the race... what do you think of the tyre rule
Quote from TFalke55 :Here your reactions to the race... what do you think of the tyre rule

It's just perfect, I love it
I fail.
#4 - J@tko
I'm tired and need to go to sleep.

So some of this is nit picky but hey
  • Please read the bloody thread before you sign-up, and make sure you know the format :doh:
  • Track was epic fail - my bad :/
  • Do we really need to wait 3 mins+ for people to finish their inlap? No.
  • Why do we have no chat if we're going to say "Car 01 - DNF - Lost Connection" [I've no idea why we ever did this tbh]
And some slightly more constructive stuff:
  • The tyre compund stuff needs work. We only get people pitting on the ends of the pit window
  • RTFT!!!!!
  • 3 people had bad skins...
Car 87 fails more

87 M.Toima: Join international gay pride community of LFS today! TODAYYYYY!
Joseph Ellis: STFU
Thilo Falkenberg: car 87 - stop&go penalty
Quote from J@tko :

Why? Just because some people are unable to be patient enough to bring the car to the finish?

Well, IMHO, the problem wasn't the track, but the drivers. How can you explain the fact that some racers aren't doing one simple mistake during the race, and some are already on the tyres 30 seconds after the start?

E :
Quote :Why do we have no chat if we're going to say "Car 01 - DNF - Lost Connection" [I've no idea why we ever did this tbh]

Isn't that for LFS Stats?

Anyway I totally agree with point n°1. Really, I'm quite ashamed of the mentality of some people : only half of the signed-up drivers decided to show-up, and in the ones that showed-up, a quarter(at least) didn't read the rules before the event.

Quote from JO53PHS :Car 87 fails more

87 M.Toima: Join international gay pride community of LFS today! TODAYYYYY!
Joseph Ellis: STFU
Thilo Falkenberg: car 87 - stop&go penalty

:ices_rofl This is priceless:elefant:
Its a bit pitty that I couldn't participate in this event, because have guests in own house
Quote from J@tko :I'm tired and need to go to sleep.

So some of this is nit picky but hey
  • Please read the bloody thread before you sign-up, and make sure you know the format :doh:
  • Do we really need to wait 3 mins+ for people to finish their inlap? No.
  • Why do we have no chat if we're going to say "Car 01 - DNF - Lost Connection" [I've no idea why we ever did this tbh]
And some slightly more constructive stuff:
  • The tyre compund stuff needs work. We only get people pitting on the ends of the pit window
  • RTFT!!!!!
  • 3 people had bad skins...

tbh, the vast majority of the race schedule & rules is rather stupid and completely boring to watch and no doubt take part in too.

40min qual sessions with 6 people getting to do 3 flying laps, while the rest get 2 laps and a lot of thumb twiddling.

No chatting allowed, while admins start making silly posts themselves "Car 00 pit at the end of the lap"... .

Rolling starts on open invite events always end up messy, they're hardly free from issue in events like MoE & IGTC, and yet its expected that everything will run smoothly with complete novices.

Penalising people for driving over a couple of empty pitlane boxes in an otherwise empty pitlane... seriously?!
Who actually benefits from these sort of rules? Cos surely racers dont, viewers dont... its just a silly rule (amongst many) which does nothing to enhance the racing, but happily ruins races for people. If thats the intention of the rules, then they've done their job.

On a couple of occasions people felt the need to ask stupid questions about what to do because of stupid rules that exist (mainly due to the insistance that people drive back to the pit for no reason at all).

1-off races should be about having fun, clean, and fair racing, and i fail to see how some of the structure creates that. 40min of qualifying, so 6 people get 3 flying laps, the rest get 2 and a lot of sitting around twiddling thumbs... 40min for qual with upto 3 flying laps, to do a 55min 20 lap race What ever happened to the idea of having fun in a fun event? Theres nothing wrong with decent rules, but plenty of them in this event have a distinct lack of 'fun' spirit to them IMO.
AHHHHHHHHH totally forgot about the race. I apologize, was taking out by friends too watch a movie. latest Harry Potter. Wast of time too be honest. However I totally forgot about the race even though I got a pm yesterday about the format and stuff.

Again sorry guys I was looking forward to a FOX race
I had a uber good start, from 7th to 3rd into the first corner but then coming to the chicane, i failed. Then having damage untill the next pitstop. but i forgot to fill 8% more fuel so i can complete the race
For me it was a cool race. With 6th place I am totally contented

Pls, has anybody a replay?
for those who tried to find the sense of this event: http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=news&nid=204

it was a test event, though it wasn't officially called so. Basically it should test how the two compound rule works...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG