The online racing simulator
Fanatec 911 GT3 settings?
(25 posts, started )
I'm using the latest 100 drivers. And the Feeling in lfs is absolute crap.

I'm using ~130 FFB in game and 100 on the wheel. I've gone lower and higher but I just can't get any real feeling out of the wheel.

In other games it works fine. iRacing,Rfactor etc. It's just LFS that feels mushy

Any recommended settings that make it feel a bit better? I may end up going back to my DFP for LFS if I can't get this wheel to work right.
i have the turbo, and i think i was only using something like 38 ingame and drift mode at 5. dampening all the way down/off. LFS's force feedback feels kinda dull compared to iRacing, and rfactor Historix Mod... unless you are on south city.
I can't run it that low. I get nearly zero FFB.

The Drift mode is a bit odd, I usually run it at 1 but I've tried other settings in lfs to no avail.

But Even with my DFP the FFB in LFS was great. I just can't get any real feel from it
I will try to help you/us when I get the wheel :P
LFS feedback is a bit different. I only ran LFS on the old wheel but it felt quite good while you get used to it. I can imagine drift mode could be welcome in LFS though it was quite stiff. As far from mushy as you could get in term of resistance .

0 % dampening I pretty much always run.
Quote from AjRose :I'm using ~130 FFB in game and 100 on the wheel. I've gone lower and higher but I just can't get any real feeling out of the wheel.

How can you adjust the FFB on the wheel..? My display doesn't really tell me anything useful.. To be honest I haven't found where to adjust the FFB strength in the driver software either, I just tune everything ingame. (In LFS I use 10-20% so far)

Thanks!
Quote from Gnomie :How can you adjust the FFB on the wheel..? My display doesn't really tell me anything useful.. To be honest I haven't found where to adjust the FFB strength in the driver software either, I just tune everything ingame. (In LFS I use 10-20% so far)

Thanks!

On the wheel you press the button on the LCD then with the Directional pad you can go left or right and up or down. The FF setting raises or lowers FFB.

You can also set the wheel turn and drift mode settings through the wheel.

I'm actually in the process of returning my wheel though because In my opinion It's a sack of crap... I mean It's a decent wheel But I've had two pretty significant problems with it. That with the lack of communication from Fanatec Is enough for me. I can't stand waiting 1 Week+ to get a response from a company.
i sent a message about a month ago and never got a response.
I sent an email to every Fanatec address I've seen. So hopefully one of them will respond..
Quote from AjRose :On the wheel you press the button on the LCD then with the Directional pad you can go left or right and up or down. The FF setting raises or lowers FFB.

You can also set the wheel turn and drift mode settings through the wheel.

Ah, thanks!
I got my wheel last week and am still trying to get it dialed in. So far I have been using FFB 100 in driver and 65 in LFS. Drift mode @ 5, dampening 0 or off.

My last wheel was a MOMO so I am still trying to get used to the rotational differences. I try to pay better attention to FFB in the next coming days.

The only email address I have been able to get a response from is: webshop.usa@endor.ag.The webshop site also lists a phone number. I'll assume that it is their CA office or somones garage.
100 in driver and 65 in LFS sounds too much to me.. I'm using only ~ 10-20 in LFS with the XRT (which is the only car I've tested yet).

The reason why I think using too much FFB is bad is that the forces saturate too quickly, so you'll loose the finer details. I recommend you try reducing it and see what you think.
Try lowering the Drift mode setting. If you are on 5 just work your way down and see if that feels better.
The problem in this wheel is the friction, so with no FF it has a lot of resistance to turn. With no AC power is more softly, I want to quit this friction but I don't know if is possible...

In settings I have to put all very high to feel well becouse of this friction.

My settings Dampening strength 100% (I feel at 0% have slower movements than 100%), so I think the numbers are wrong 0% is 100%, and 100% is 0% in my opinion.

Drift mode, I put in 5 becouse it has less friction but I will preferred tu put a value 10 if exist..

In LFS 100 I too much in some moments but very little in others. Arround 20-50 is good in a lot of moments and little in others, but it is what I feel better

Question....At anyone descentrate wheel with high FF and hard movements during playing? (drifting or crash)

Another question....Anyone know how to use the display in LFS? I want to see gear and shiftligth indicator, but i don't know how..
my gt3 rs order is delayed as not enough clubsport pedals where delivered so this thread is great i hope there is a good setup by the time i get mine
Quote from Napalm Candy :The problem in this wheel is the friction, so with no FF it has a lot of resistance to turn. With no AC power is more softly, I want to quit this friction but I don't know if is possible...

In settings I have to put all very high to feel well becouse of this friction.

My settings Dampening strength 100% (I feel at 0% have slower movements than 100%), so I think the numbers are wrong 0% is 100%, and 100% is 0% in my opinion.

Drift mode, I put in 5 becouse it has less friction but I will preferred tu put a value 10 if exist..

In LFS 100 I too much in some moments but very little in others. Arround 20-50 is good in a lot of moments and little in others, but it is what I feel better

Question....At anyone descentrate wheel with high FF and hard movements during playing? (drifting or crash)

Another question....Anyone know how to use the display in LFS? I want to see gear and shiftligth indicator, but i don't know how..

Do you have auto center spring? I have it unchecked and there is far less resistance with it unchecked.

From what I understand the dampening value is for how much you want FFB effects softened. I could be wrong since there is still no f'ing manual to get descriptions of what the different settings are.
I don't know what the dampening setting does, either. In many other sims dampening simply means that the strongest forces are reduced. This way you eliminate the strongest jolts and jerks when going over bumps etc. I don't think it has anything to do with the quickness of the FFB response, but I could be totally wrong. (Like you said there's no explanation anywhere)

I haven't tried LFS very much yet to be honest (got the wheel yesterday). But the settings I mentioned in a previous post work well for me so far.
#18 - Byku
Just curious, what the hell is drift mode?O.o
Last week or so I sent a PM to Thomas asking about the manual. I finally got a response.

Quote from Thomas :
Hi Brian

the manual will be ready next week but in the meantime you can use the manual of the 911 Turbo as it is very similar.

bye
Thomas

Drift mode, again from what I understand, is a setting whereby a lower value decrease the resistance felt when turning the wheel. Thus allowing faster rotations. I suppose that are needed for drifting.
From Gtplanet:

Quote from Thomas :The "dampening" controls the dampening signals coming from the game. E.g. if you drive through mud the dampeing increases. It is recommended to turn it on.

The "Drift mode" controls the native dampeing of the wheel independent from the game. The dampening should be reduced if you like to spin faster. On oval tracks it is an advantage to feel some resistance. Setting "5" eliminates the dampeing of the wheel mechanics. You can compare it with a power steering.

I now use 40% dampening and drift mode = 5. If I increase the dampening even more it feels like the "self correcting torque" dominates other force feedback effects too much. But with these settings it feels great in every sim I've tried.

When the first batch shipped, drift mode was not available yet. Which made some people complain that the wheel is a little slower and more sluggish than the G25. Which it is, with drift mode disabled. With drift mode at maximum, however, there is very little resistance in the wheel, and I can make corrections and such just as quick as with the G25.
The manual for the wheel has been released: http://www.fanatec.de/download ... rt/pw_gt3rs_manual_en.zip

However, I warn you we have covered more information here than is in the manual.

I got a PM from Thomas who recommended setting the Dampening to 2, which I took to mean 20%, and Drift Mode to 5.

Next question. How to best adjust the wheels rotation? Should it be done in game, on the wheel, in the driver, or at all. I mean do I need to consider the cars wheel rotation in relation to the GT3RS 900 degrees when I switch cars, and how best to get the best feel for the specific car?
Thanks for the link to the manual!

If you set it to 720 degrees in both the wheel driver and in LFS, it will give you the correct degrees of rotation for all cars (just like with the G25). I haven't used the profile thing on the wheel itself, I'll have a go at that when I've read the manual.
Quote from AjRose :I sent an email to every Fanatec address I've seen. So hopefully one of them will respond..

AJ, I've had reasonable success with Armin Habermann at this addy:

Armin Habermann [ahATendorDOTag]

For everyone else with the GT3 RS + CSP, I've had my set for about 2 weeks now and I'm still navigating thru the CP settings, trying to get a feel for what is best. I have limited experience with LFS demo and fully plan on getting licensed but currently deal mainly with iRacing at the moment. Until now I've been going with the default settings of "Autospring" @ 0, "Dampening Strength" @ 100%, "Wheel Angle" @ 400, and finally "Drift Mode" @ 0. Also, I see there is an option for "Combined pedals" on the bottom of the settings tab where it's unchecked currently, is this by chance for when someone would connect the pedals directly to the wheel? I have my pedals connected separately for higher resolution as is recommended. Any advice from fellow Fanatec users would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.
#24 - DeKo
Quote from Governator :AJ, I've had reasonable success with Armin Habermann at this addy:

Armin Habermann [ahATendorDOTag]

For everyone else with the GT3 RS + CSP, I've had my set for about 2 weeks now and I'm still navigating thru the CP settings, trying to get a feel for what is best. I have limited experience with LFS demo and fully plan on getting licensed but currently deal mainly with iRacing at the moment. Until now I've been going with the default settings of "Autospring" @ 0, "Dampening Strength" @ 100%, "Wheel Angle" @ 400, and finally "Drift Mode" @ 0. Also, I see there is an option for "Combined pedals" on the bottom of the settings tab where it's unchecked currently, is this by chance for when someone would connect the pedals directly to the wheel? I have my pedals connected separately for higher resolution as is recommended. Any advice from fellow Fanatec users would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.

combined pedals means the pedals are on 1 axis, you dont want it.
Yep, Armin is the only reason I haven't taken a sledge hammer to my wheel so far

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG