The online racing simulator
LFS UK Karting Meet 2010 - preface
(114 posts, started )
Unless they can run 30 karts at once on a 1000 metre track you'll never see another kart. Karting is about wheel to wheel racing, not bruising yourself on an empty indoor track.
Holy shizzle that track looks awesome! Maybe its time to start marking days in the calendar
Quote from Becky Rose :Unless they can run 30 karts at once on a 1000 metre track you'll never see another kart. Karting is about wheel to wheel racing, not bruising yourself on an empty indoor track.

I wouldn't like to know what would happen if I skidded off the top level, too!

Come to teesside, you know you want to - longest, fastest kart track in the UK!
Quote :longest

*bangs head against wall* I dont want to race myself.
Well in a bid to try and get it north of the Border (sod all you guys having all the fun) I'll be in touch with the guys at Golspie latter today and tomorrow.

Unfortunately they no longer have a website so I'm not sure if they do corporate events any more.

pic of track
#60 - Dru
Quote from aroX123 :What about a Norwegian Karting meet?
I've got 2 WR's at two tracks with the renting karts. the 2nd Wr at my first 5 minutes out there. I would like to race with other people
These are the tracks i have WR at. (Use google translate)

http://www.nafgokartvestfold.no/ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiTPJVo7iSE (only video i found)

http://www.skiengokart.no/ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... CiVu0&feature=related

Points to the title that says 'UK Kart Meet'

You are more than welcome to make the trip over here - as long as you don't jump in a long boat and burn and destroy every village you encounter on the way to the kart track
#61 - Dru
Quote from Becky Rose :Unless they can run 30 karts at once on a 1000 metre track you'll never see another kart. Karting is about wheel to wheel racing, not bruising yourself on an empty indoor track.

+1

When looking at that kart track the term 'nordschleife' comes to mind.
Teeside isn't what you would call the most thrilling for racing, especially in 30 or 40 minute stints. Also, I haven't seen the state of the rental karts in a long time (as I have only driven there once without my own) but they we're no means in the best of nick.

It's a great track to drive, but not a great track to race on.

hm i have been to a 1200m outdoor track relatively recently and having other drivers around you wasnt much of an an issue
i managed to have a 7 lap or so wheel to wheel fight for position against someone else

the 6 year olds that were allowed on track with their much faster race karts while the rentals were out got quite embarassing after a while though
I personally would much prefer an outdoor track in Scotland. We have done up north, the midlands and down south so I think it is time for scotland to have a go. Also I agree with Becky that on that massive indoor track the racing will be shite as you won't see much of the other karts hardly at all.
Got to say I agree with Jason, the other problem with indoor tracks is that they're so tight that if you did happen upon another driver on that behemoth track then it's almost impossible to overtake anyway.

I'd much rather drive another track in the mould of Llandow - challenging corners, compact (but not tight), and intense racing.

Scotland gets my vote, I love Inverness having been there once but would be happy anywhere north of the border.
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Got to say I agree with Jason, the other problem with indoor tracks is that they're so tight that if you did happen upon another driver on that behemoth track then it's almost impossible to overtake anyway.

I'd much rather drive another track in the mould of Llandow - challenging corners, compact (but not tight), and intense racing.

Scotland gets my vote, I love Inverness having been there once but would be happy anywhere north of the border.

ill prob drive to scotland too will be a long journey but i can start saving now xD

£15 a month to hide away seperatly should be sufficent i hope xD
I can't remember who took it (although I have a sneaking suspicion it was Joe K), but does anyone know where the pic of the SRS team is? I'd like to use it for a glorious news article for the website, showing our spendid success!
Yeah it was in Joe's folder of photos if I recall correctly. Just download the zip from the kart meet FTP Franky set up.
You guys should go PFi. Not sure about the costings but the facilities are out of this freakin' world for the UK Got a lush bar and great viewing
Quote from Intrepid :You guys should go PFi. Not sure about the costings but the facilities are out of this freakin' world for the UK Got a lush bar and great viewing

The facilities are fantastic, even the entrance drive is grand.

The track is dull though. A selection of identical radius 90 and 180 degree corners seperated by straights. It's the dullest track i've ever raced on.

The management are not flexible, and prices are high.

Unfortunately it's my local track these days, so in a sense I would love to say yes lets go there - but I just cant bring myself to recommend it.

If it's going to be in this region I'd rather suggest Daytona at Milton Keynes. The facilities are good (although nothing touches PFi) and more importantly the track is excellent - especially the short version. It was designed by James Hunt as a skills test course.

But I think if someone North of the border is willing to take on organising things then it's about time we had some Scottish hospitality.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I can't remember who took it (although I have a sneaking suspicion it was Joe K), but does anyone know where the pic of the SRS team is? I'd like to use it for a glorious news article for the website, showing our spendid success!

I've got it on my facebook album if you add me facebook.com/bekkahax
Sorry for beeing an asshat jumping into this thread. But are you discussing a 2010 meet or a later 2009 meet? Sorry for not reading it all, at work and don't know where to start in this topic.

Edit : Did read page one
Normally page 1 would be the logical beggining
Finally got something back from Golspie, not good news I'm afraid.

They are cutting back on coprate events at the end of the year due to lack of demand and the karts just not being up to the task no longer.

However the clerk of the course was talking about future plans which invovle a whole shake up of the commercial side of things including new karts. So I told him what we did down in Wales and was intrested in doing the same if they get the karts

If, and it's a big IF with capital letters in bold and underscored, they do get the karts he would be more than happy to allow us use of the course for a 6 hour event like we did in wales, with on site camping for the weekend (Friday and Saturday) as long as it did not coincide with any racing meets they have. Since the track is far enough away from the town, he said event could accidently run long if need be. Price would be decide closer to the date.

But thats all pipe dreams at the moment, and as much as I hate to say it, it would be better if the guys in the central belt (aka Southern Softies) look into the tracks there and see what goes. Theres bound to be a few tracks about there.

One track I've been told about is the Lochgelly Motorsport Complex, a concreate track, verly slidy and bumpy apparently, but I have not heard much about it.
Quote from The Very End :Sorry for beeing an asshat jumping into this thread. But are you discussing a 2010 meet or a later 2009 meet? Sorry for not reading it all, at work and don't know where to start in this topic.

Edit : Did read page one

and then page 2 follows, then 3 and so on and so forth :clapclap:

in answer your question they're on about the 2010 meet

LFS UK Karting Meet 2010 - preface
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG