Sorry to hear ..
Real shame Yann, good luck in the the future
It's a shame things couldn't work out

Still I wish you luck in the GTAL guys, there will always be a part of SF in me

Matt.
Quote from mclarenmatt :

Still I wish you luck in the GTAL guys, there will always be a part of SF in me

Nice to hear that Matt.
Sorry to hear; good luck for the future.
Shame... but GL in the future,
Sorry to hear, please notify us if the lineup is secured.
Forza finishing in the top 15 for its come back on the GTAL
So, yesterday saw the come back of Scuderia Forza on LFS' brand new endurance league, the GTAL. Ringers Timo Hynninen and I(Yann Laprevotte) worn Forza's new cherry livrery painted by Alan Zadro.

The qualyfing session didn't went very well, as Timo, exhausted after an hard week of work, couldn't go faster than 1'36"6, which was quite good as it was only 2 seconds slower than the official MoE GT2 record, but gave us a quite disappointing 23th position on the grid. There was absolutely nothing to do against the FZRs on qualyfing conditions. Timo even said that "we [were] the last of the reasonabily fast people", and I think that can sum-up well the session.

Anyway, we started the race with a strong ambition : the top 10. We knew that could be possible, as we were fighting for it on Round 1 until we DNFed. I took the car for the start, and went on the top 20 easily before the race was stopped because the master server was down(click here for the full story). 15 minutes later, the race restarted, and I managed to have a strong 1st stint, avoiding the major incidents of the opening laps. After 8 minutes I was already 16th, and I was 14th when I gave the car to Timo, after 1 hour of race.

Timo Hynninen pushing hard at the beginning of his stint.

Timo began his stint well, but unfortunately, a few minutes later, he accidentally down-shifted through a corner. The engine, already slightly damaged after I similar mistake I did at the end of my stint, didn't really liked that, and until then we lost approximately 10kph at the apex point and 1.5 seconds every lap. Anyway, Timo didn't give up after that, and continued to push hard. He made a little mistake on the chicane which cost us 8 seconds, but nothing really bad. After 1 hour of racing, Timo finished his stint on 15th position, and gave me the car.

It was really hard for me to set decent times with our damaged engine, but I managed to not lose too much positions, I even climbed on 14th position after some of our rivals made a few mistakes. I started the last laps with a field of 4 cars a few hundreds meters behind me, and resisted quite well. But, unfortunately, I didn't manage to preserve my tyres as I had to push really hard during the stint, and on the last corner of the penultimate lap of the race, the right front tyre blew-up, suffering from a puncture. I kept the car going, and decided to not change the tyres. I had to let pass SCP's XRR, but tried to block SRS. Finally Passo passed me on the inside of the very last corner of the race. I think we finished only 2 tenth of a second behind them, which is not bad for a 3 hour race !

Michael Passingham passing us on the last meters of the race.

So, we finished 16th, but after the DQ of car number 14, we got the 15th place.

Very strong race for us, of course we could have done a little bit better without the damage of our engine and the puncture, but this is endurance racing, and this kind of problems is part of the sport. Our plans aren't fixed for the future, but we'd like to be on the grid of Round 3 and hopefully more, even if we don't know what our line-up will be.

Anyway, I'd like to congrats all of the finishers, this was a very nice race, and I'd really like to have more !
Attached images
Forza_R2_GTAL.jpg
Forza_R2_Last_Lap.jpg
nice report, unlucky with the engine damage if it cost you as much as you said then you probably would of got a better position, also you wouldn't of had to push so hard and probably woulda kept those tyres inflated. Unlucky.
Sorry about passing you on the last lap, but at least you can be happy that you made me shout 'F*** yeah' over the line. I did feel bad afterwards though! I initially thought you thought you'd finished.
Schumacher - Barrichello 2002 Austria
Laprevotte - Passingham 2009 Westhill

And Timo said: "Let Michael pass for the championship"
haha, two very similar tales!
by the way, is anyone else getting this (see attachment) when they click the link for their website?
Quote from oli17 :by the way, is anyone else getting this (see attachment) when they click the link for their website?

Yes.
I guess that's to do with this:

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Hello,

I'm sorry, but I decided to close (temporary, or more probably definitively) Scuderia Forza

But, anyway, this won't affect our participation to the GTAL.

oh yeah! when they said they were having a comeback i assumed it was official :P thats another team i'd like to join gone!
Quote from oli17 :oh yeah! when they said they were having a comeback i assumed it was official :P thats another team i'd like to join gone!

yet again, this was an S2 team. Seems you're not quite grasping the concept here yet.
Quote from TexasLTU :
And Timo said: "Let Michael pass for the championship"

I might have said "If you lose to Passo I will personally hang you by your balls to a coffee cup." The memory is vague though.
In fact Timo just promised me to give his secret macro cluch script.:hide:
Quote from Fuse5 :yet again, this was an S2 team. Seems you're not quite grasping the concept here yet.

basically, i have exams until mid-june. then i have 12 weeks of holidays in which to cram in as much gaming as possible (including buying S2). i'm therefore trying to plan ahead as much as possible so i can get as much gaming in as i can in that time, as i will probably have a lot of work after the holidays.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :In fact Timo just promised me to give his secret macro cluch script.:hide:

There aren't many people with clucth macros for FXR so that'll make me quite leet.
Forza DSQ on the Round 3 of the GTAL - Niko, go hide yourself ! ;)
The 7th of June saw Forza coming again on the GTAL, with ringers Niko Puntola, from Storm Racing, David Novak, from iCON Racing, and myself, Yann Laprevotte, from Experion Racing. For the occasion, Forza brought back its older and popular livrery.

Unfortunately, a few hours before the start of the event, David said that he was unable to drive, as he was too tired from a long trip he had this week.

Niko Puntola took the car for qualyfing. Things started quite bad for him, as he span on his two first attempts. But, then, nice surprise, at 10 minutes to go, he took the pole, 1 second in front of his first opponent.

A few minutes later, the admins asked him to spectate : Niko picked a wrong setup, with the wrong restrictions. Immediately, they decided to DSQ Forza for the whole event.

Sorry, but I don't really know what to say now. I'd just like to thanks Niko(I'm not ironic) for having showed-up. Without him, Forza would have been obliged to withdraw from this round before it had begun. This was a massive fail, but I hope that we'll be back stronger for the two last rounds, even if we already blew our chances to figure well at the championship.

Forza will be back, no worries !

Picture coming soon.
Forza earning its best result at the GTAL - 7th, at the 3 hours of South City
To prove that SF is not dead... Here's the report I wrote on the GTAL's subsection after our wonderful 7th at the 3 hours of South City.

"This was Scuderia Forza's best race so far in this league, without hesitation.

Things began very well after Timo snashed the 6th place on the quali session. Then I took the car for the start, and I must say that I was very surprised by my own pace. I held 5th place for 20 minutes or so, but decided to let pass a few of my opponents to take a slower pace, to preserve my tyres. Then I had a fantastic battle with XCite's car, I remember that we passed together a few times(especially when I passed him on the outside of T1 ).

I was 8th when I gave the car to Niko. This was a difficult stint for him, as he hit Dinamo Motorsports car rolling across the track between T1 and T2 at the 1h40 minutes mark, and then at the end of the stint, had a puncture.

Timo rejoined the track in 10th position, and managed to climb nicely, had a lovely pass on Karma, passed ISR after they span, and finished on SR's tail, to claim 8th place.

To be honest, even if I know that we'd have done clearly better with less problems(we had a good enough pace to be 4th or 5th), I'm very happy with that, as this was basically our first proper race of the season. I'd also like to thanks Timo for the work he did on the set and for the strong quali session and 3rd stint.

See you at round 5 A wider track will provide good stuff for sure."

Attached images
lfs_00000166.jpg

Announcing Scuderia Forza
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG