The online racing simulator
The Best Button For Handbrake On A G25
I've been playing around with various different handbrake buttons for the G25 but have no yet found one that works amazingly. I was wondering if you guys had any personal experience with a good button for a handbrake on the G25?
No good place for handbrake on g25.

Best solution for me is spacebar on keyboard.
#3 - amp88
Thanks to a tip from my teammate Delusion the best button for a handbrake on the G25 is the sequential shifter. If you use the paddles for shifting then put the shifter in sequential mode and use the "upshift" of the sequential shifter (i.e. pull back) as the handbrake. Makes you feel like a WRC driver plus it's generally easier to get to than the keyboard or the buttons on the G25 shifter unit.
Hmmm I've considered both of these options, especialy the upshift as a handbrake, but I'm not sure really. Is it easy to change back quickly becuase i drive a lot of cars as H-Shift mode. I'm sure some kind of script can be made but i'm not very good with scripts.
Does anyone have any scripts that may work?
LFS Manual: Automatic shifter ... (for Logitech G25 users)
(Note the text in italics )

For handbrake reassignment, follow the guide above and just add this in...

road.lfs:
/button 4 handbrake

paddle.lfs:
/button 9 handbrake

sequential.lfs:
/button 4 handbrake

This will make the right paddle the handbrake when in H-gate or sequential mode (IMO closest feeling to "pulling a stick" for the handbrake when the gearstick isn't available), respectively pulling back the sequential stick when using paddles. Of course you can also use other button numbers* if you want a different configuration. If you want to simulate a rally car (in for example the RB4) then once on the track you should open the chat window and type "/run paddle" or "//paddle" which will put you in paddle mode.

* To find out the number for a controller button, go to Options > Controls and press the button in question. You will see the button # and currently assigned function in the middle right part of the screen.
Quote from jimmyboy313 :Does anyone have any scripts that may work?

I've written a load of scripts which allows me to change between control configurations by using Ctrl+F11/12.

For instance, the XRT has a H-pattern script and a drift script. I leave the garage, press Ctrl+F12 and it loads the drift script which switches to paddles to shift and puts the handbrake on shift up on the sequential, as well as displaying a little message reminding me to change the shift mode, as well as wheel rotation in the Profiler.

It's pretty easy to do, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to scripting and I had no issues, even with sorting out annoying ones like paddles/sequential in both 540 and 720 degress on the XFR.

I'll clean them up and send them over if you want
#8 - P V L
I am using the right red button, easy to get there with my thumb.
#9 - senn
ditto, right red button on the wheel, left is for PTT on Teamspeak.

the alternative to using a button/key for handbrake, is get an old joystick, and sit it down next to you. Didn't suit me personally but i can see why some people like it.
i use the black buttons on the shifter...

the top one is for flash, the bottom one is for handbrake... probably not the best setup, but i hardly use the handbrake to begin with.
You guys using buttons on the wheel for something.. How do you look to the sides?
I use the button on the left of the wheel for handbrake. And the button on the right is the ignition. I look on the sides using the POV arrows on the shifter.
i got handbrake on both red butoms on the wheels.. works good
I always drive with H-pattern shifter and assigned the right side red button on the shifter unit as handbrake and I can easily reach it with my middle finger and sometimes with my thumb!
Attached images
01.JPG
Same as LSDBlackWolf. Usually using thumb for it though.
Quote from RasmusL :You guys using buttons on the wheel for something.. How do you look to the sides?

No, wheel buttons are for sideviews.

Most important in races and most needed.
i use the paddles for indicators, and the left black button on the shifter for handbrake.. also black-up = flash light, down = hazardlight and right = reset car
Quote from P V L :I am using the right red button, easy to get there with my thumb.

Same here, but sometimes it can be tricky to get to, especially when you need more angle mid drift and then you have to rearrange your hands to press it, most of the time when I finally get to it I'm not drifting anymore because the wheels have caught up with the track.

Wait...just to clarify, are you using the right button on the wheel or the right red button on the shifter? I use the right button on the wheel and the left button is horn.
I use the very top black round button on the shifter unit for handbrake. I can find it very quickly when both hands are on the wheel and I cannot glance down. I could assign handbrake to the wheel somewhere, but I kinda feel a little impotent if I don't have to reach down to get the handbrake on.

I am finally moving on from this though. Just two days ago bought an attack3...
to use as a dedi handbrake. Not yet installed in my "rig" yet.
Quote from c00kie :
Wait...just to clarify, are you using the right button on the wheel or the right red button on the shifter? I use the right button on the wheel and the left button is horn.

I use the right red button on shifter, as I said before: Wheel buttons are

most needed and important for sideviews. My shifter is fixed more down and

nearby, so my thumb just falls onto this button.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=975820#post975820
I'll try it
I use the left black button on the top of the shifter for the handbrake.
DIY a handbrake, it's easy !
left button on g25 = handbrake
right=clutch
peddles (why cant i spell right now :really as what they are supossed to be, wheel paddles what they are supossed to be when they are in sequential/paddle car, right button ignition, left button horn, shifter, up arrow pit lane speed limiter, down arrow traction control, nothing else for anything else except the look back is the second red button to the left and last button is reset, i got an attack 3 joystick, where my top most button is hazards, the buttons left and right are turn signals accordingly, button below those flash, trigger is off, left is look left, right is look right, pull back is handbrake.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG