The online racing simulator
not responding
(32 posts, started )
not responding
i go to open lfs and i just get not responding in vista 64. havn't had any problems in the last 7 months since i built this new system. tried redownloading lfs and opening a fresh "install" of lfs nothing still not responding. what gives?
that can not be the problem since i have used lfs on this system for 7 months your telling me i close it one and try to reopen lfs a few hours later and it won't go.
#4 - CSU1
...tried Vista once and hated it.

Is this not a problem with vistas stupid ruddy account control on folder and file access? Look into UAC and how to run as root.

Quote from gotspeed :that can not be the problem since i have used lfs on this system for 7 months your telling me i close it one and try to reopen lfs a few hours later and it won't go.

Well possibly yes, as according to the link i posted it can start at any time with any program or programs for no known reason, so its a possibility mate.
just turned off uac nothing changed still just crashes at start. just doesn't ask to run as admin or any thing just goes right to a not responding box.
Quote from CSU1 :Look into UAC and how to run as root.

Have been using linuxes last time, eh?
Quote from Shadowww :Have been using linuxes last time, eh?

every time i ask for help i get none and all the posts go off topic wtf. i can't play my game that i bought wtf guys come up with some ideas. i have given up on trying what i know.
You can try system restore, its totally reversable, so worth a try.

SD.
Quote from gotspeed :every time i ask for help i get none and all the posts go off topic wtf. i can't play my game that i bought wtf guys come up with some ideas. i have given up on trying what i know.

over exagerate much? one post was off (ish) topic. the rest were there to help you. maybe you should come back once you're through with your hissy fit?
Quote from gotspeed :just turned off uac nothing changed still just crashes at start. just doesn't ask to run as admin or any thing just goes right to a not responding box.

You have tried right clicking the LFS shortcut (or exe) and run as admin ?

Have you got LFS set up in its own folder, havn't removed or edited or replaced any files?

Are you running version 0.5Z? or have you updated to any of the test patches? if the later replace the LFS.exe with your old original one.

Good luck.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :You have tried right clicking the LFS shortcut (or exe) and run as admin ?

Have you got LFS set up in its own folder, havn't removed or edited or replaced any files?

Are you running version 0.5Z? or have you updated to any of the test patches? if the later replace the LFS.exe with your old original one.

Good luck.

SD.

yes still crashes

yes its in its own folder.

i have tried both a fresh re downloaded copy and a few copy's of mine all do the same thing.

Quote from SparkyDave :You can try system restore, its totally reversable, so worth a try.

SD.

tried it already no affect
Quote from gotspeed :i go to open lfs and i just get not responding in vista 64. havn't had any problems in the last 7 months since i built this new system. tried redownloading lfs and opening a fresh "install" of lfs nothing still not responding. what gives?

i see your problem

also, your mechanic is a pony.
Quote from george_tsiros :i see your problem

also, your mechanic is a pony.

funny how nothing else is a problem with this system other the lfs all my other games. my phone my webcam my bluetooth headset every thing works fine. stop scape goating on vista thats not the problem.
Danthebangerboy's explanation not good enough for you?
Think there's something else that's the problem? Like what?
tell me why then of the 20+ games i play like crysis team fortress 2 half life counter strike Americas army call of duty world at war and no many other to list live for speed is the only one with the problem.
Quote from gotspeed :tell me why then of the 20+ games i play like crysis team fortress 2 half life counter strike Americas army call of duty world at war and no many other to list live for speed is the only one with the problem.

LEARN TO ****ING READ.

If you read the link that was posted earlier in the thread, it is COMPLETELY RANDOM! I offer you a compromise:

1) Learn proper english please, that list of yours up there... I didn't know there was this game called "crysis team fortress 2 half life counter strike Americas army call of duty world at war".

2) Learn to read. Several times in this thread was your problem answered, and a handy link here posted that explains what the problem is.

3) Go buy a ****ing Mac.
updated vista lately? lfs isn't the problem as everyone else can run it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :LEARN TO ****ING READ.

If you read the link that was posted earlier in the thread, it is COMPLETELY RANDOM! I offer you a compromise:

1) Learn proper english please, that list of yours up there... I didn't know there was this game called "crysis team fortress 2 half life counter strike Americas army call of duty world at war".

2) Learn to read. Several times in this thread was your problem answered, and a handy link here posted that explains what the problem is.

3) Go buy a ****ing Mac.

Vista Ultimate x64 - frequent "(not responding)" on various applications
its not frequent its every single time with out fail it goes not responding.

and as for your mac comment NO im not going to waste my money on a over priced snob ball system like a mac. i built my pc from the ground up i7 920 @3.2 ghz 6 gigs of 1333 gskill and a evga gtx 295 can't get that in a mac set up sorry. macs are for stupid old retarted people that can't figure out how to keep them self safe online.

Quote from dadge :updated vista lately? lfs isn't the problem as everyone else can run it.

as far as i know it didn't get any updates since the 2nt Tuesday of the month and i played it in the week since.
Attached images
063020091018.jpg
maybe if you came back with a better attitude, someone would actually be willing to help you further.
Quote from teedot :maybe if you came back with a better attitude, someone would actually be willing to help you further.

i wasn't the one saying i should go buy a ****ing mac
**** YEAH T.R.U.E. :headbang: :bowdown: :bannana_g
George what does that pic have to do with anything on topic in this thread??

I agree Dawndusts post here is a little on the abusive side, however he's Canadionan what does anyone expect

If LFS becomes responsive again after a given amount of time, then I would agree it is the vista prob explained inthe link.

However I think gotspeed has to end the process/program to exit LFS is this the case gotspeed?

Why oh why do so many threads go the way of this one where people seem to drop in just to smap or abuse, try to read through the cruddy posts and stick to the problem

gotspeed when you unzipped fresh copy of LFS did you overwrite older version? or place into new folder?

good luck.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :George what does that pic have to do with anything on topic in this thread??

I agree Dawndusts post here is a little on the abusive side, however he's Canadionan what does anyone expect

If LFS becomes responsive again after a given amount of time, then I would agree it is the vista prob explained inthe link.

However I think gotspeed has to end the process/program to exit LFS is this the case gotspeed?

Why oh why do so many threads go the way of this one where people seem to drop in just to smap or abuse, try to read through the cruddy posts and stick to the problem

gotspeed when you unzipped fresh copy of LFS did you overwrite older version? or place into new folder?

good luck.

SD.

placed it in a new folder. i just have to hit end cancel on the lfs.exe has stopped working dialog box.

from start to finish what i do.
click lfs.exe
allow program access to my computer yellow bar box
cancel on lfs.exe has not responded.

if i let it run on the not responding thing it just gets to a close option after 20 seconds or so.
Quote from SparkyDave :George what does that pic have to do with anything on topic in this thread??

i was praising gotspeed for his choice of aftermarket cpu heatsink.

got a prob?

not responding
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG