The online racing simulator
Cheap PC that can run 80+ FPS
(17 posts, started )
Ok my Acer Aspire cant run LFS without over heating fast so i want a PC that can run lfs over 80 fps no problem i dont need moniter or mouse/kb just the pc and need it cheap im also willing to sell my ipod touch and my laptop any suggestions
Would you be able to do home-build or you need a prebuilt one?
I have 100+ FPS with 6yr old PC.
an exact price would be usefull also, can you build one or do you want a pre made one?
Does ur pc play LFS good before overheating? If put together properly and not too dusty inside then ur pc shouldnt overheat....
Quote from Shadowww :Would you be able to do home-build or you need a prebuilt one?

i would want a prebuilt one but buying parts a might be able to get a friend to do it

Quote from anbiddulph :an exact price would be usefull also, can you build one or do you want a pre made one?

i want the cheapest thing i can get hopefully about $450usd or a little more

Quote from Foilpact :Does ur pc play LFS good before overheating? If put together properly and not too dusty inside then ur pc shouldnt overheat....

its a laptop so it over heats after like 25 mins then fps will go back and drops every 5 mins or so
if you care a lot for upgradeability, you're in the red.

if you don't, you can get a decent machine.

mobo with ddr2 socket, a 45-65W dualcore amd, a 1GB stick (for starting), a 4830/4770, a 120GB hdd, a 400W psu and a $30 case.
if i upgrade my acer aspire 5520 from 2 gb to 4 gb ram would that do alot of diffrence?
#9 - wild
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :if i upgrade my acer aspire 5520 from 2 gb to 4 gb ram would that do alot of diffrence?

Probably would improve the performance a bit, but it wouldn't stop the overheating I don't think anyway.

You'd get more for your money if you were to do a custom build, just a little pointer
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :if i upgrade my acer aspire 5520 from 2 gb to 4 gb ram would that do alot of diffrence?

No.
More ram will only help if LFS uses all available ram you have atm. But I think CPU and graphics card are more important, so I'd go for a self-built rig. Because if you do it right, they're cheaper, and they're better for when you want to modify them or add/change other components.
Custom build a cooling fan for your laptop then.

I put the heatsink from an XPS M1710 on my Ati X1400 (X1400 comes standard with a single copper pipe, the XPS higher end cards have two copper pipes; however I'm using a pipe from an older XPS so I didn't get to upgrade my graphics card and I don't feel like spending $500 on the fastest one for my laptop if they keep having severe issues) in my E1705 and can O/C my card by almost 35%, get a few artifacts during break in periods but only for about 3 minutes until the card warms up.

Take apart your laptop and put on some Arctic Silver 5, then get a cooling pad or build your own and you won't have any issues.
Quote from XCNuse : Take apart your laptop and put on some Arctic Silver 5, then get a cooling pad or build your own and you won't have any issues.

I'd suggest OCZ Freeze, as it doesnt require the break-in time AS5 does, and it's non conductive so if you put a bit too much on it won't harm your laptop.

It also performs a bit better than AS5 too.
Quote from MijnWraak :I'd suggest OCZ Freeze, as it doesnt require the break-in time AS5 does, and it's non conductive so if you put a bit too much on it won't harm your laptop.

It also performs a bit better than AS5 too.

+1, I changed Arctic Silver 5 on mine desktop to OCZ Freeze and got ~-5°C idle.
can somebody make me a list of parts so i know what im looking at
AMD Phenom II 550, Corsair 400cx PSU, 9600gt video card (or 4670), Gigabyte ga-ma770-ude motherboard, 2gb ddr2-800 nothing fancy, keep your old hard drive, and a cheap case like the antec 300.

If you really want to get pre-built, this should be fine for LFS. Any other more demanding games, though, the graphics card won't work as well. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ ... aspx?Item=N82E16883227160

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG