The online racing simulator
My brands hatch experience
(31 posts, started )
Quote from robt :Think thats pretty much right. just need to have a few safety items (and most likely a quick briefing) then IIRC brands hatch is about £100 for an afternoon of running.

Yeah that's right, a quick 15-20min brief explaining the rules and then drive time for the afternoon.

I know it must suck in comparison having so much training but i guess there must be a good reason for it. you do get the occasional idiot who decides they want to race everyone and ignore all the flags for whatever reason that may be. If you break the rules over here they are very quick to chuck you out especially if you are endangering other drivers.
I think that in USA and Canada, the driving test is a lot less involved than in the UK. In Australia, you only need to buy the local cops a few beers, and a license is yours
#28 - robt
Quote from dawguk : In Australia, you only need to buy the local cops a few beers, and a license is yours

Its not even that hard. MY cousin had his UK provisional, asked for an australian version and they said it was good enough for a full license. he hadnt even driven a car :haha:
Came back over here and got it converted from a full oz to full UK license. Job done!
Quote from dawguk :I've looked into it for my MX-5, and it's a whole lot less, of course Worth checking before you go though.

It used to be that if you insure your car through the MX-5 owners club (with AON) you can get trackday cover for something like £15 per session. I don't know if it's still the case but if you intend to track a bit and want the insurance then it's not a bad deal at all.

Depending on how you intend to drive (i.e. fun or laptimes) I think the risk of doing something catastrophic is fairly low.

My MX-5's now worth so little that it's not really worth the cost of trackday insurance. The money would better spent on new tyres and pads

And maybe a rollbar.

And a turbo.

And...
Quote from mrodgers :Can you guys over there just go to a track, register, and run all you want? That's what it seems like. Anyone? I'm looking around and it seems over here you have to take beginner classes and move through ranks and it would be forever before you would get more than an hour of track time.

I'd love to get a car and actually go to a track day, but it seems like it would be nothing but hundreds of $$$ for sitting in a classroom for several sessions which means very little track time for probably a year or better.

Mid-Ohio I am seeing that it is $750 in their Acuras or $650 in your car, and you get an hour of track time. I am seeing no "track days" where you would actually run on the track for any track anywhere near me. It's all mostly classroom and instruction stuff.

You guys really are making me jealous with all this track day talk.

Hmmm... The track days I do allow a good 2 hrs of track time per day with a single 1/2hr classroom session. I'd be happy to pass along any information that I have. Send me a PM.

Mike
Just out of interest, how were your brakes and tyres after the track day? I've been thinking of doing a day but I don't particularly want to buy new tyres (or new anything really) after.

My brands hatch experience
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG